Windows 10: Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

Discus and support Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been having this problem since I upgraded to the creator's update. Sometimes everything works perfectly, but most of the time I have these issues:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineedhelppls, May 25, 2017.

1. Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

I've been having this problem since I upgraded to the creator's update. Sometimes everything works perfectly, but most of the time I have these issues:

• Edge won't connect to internet or load anything
    • I can't close tabs in Edge
    • The "Close all tabs" option in edge doesn't work, only closes 1 tab
    • I can only get Edge to close using Task Manager
    • Windows Store apps like Twitter and Netflix won't connect and also sometimes won't close
    • I can't check for Windows updates through settings (won't connect again)

The internet works on third party apps that weren't downloaded in the Windows Store, like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Spotify. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how I could fix it? Thanks so much!

:)

ineedhelppls, May 25, 2017
  2. tomo6611 Win User

Windows apps don't connect to the internet

Windows 10 apps don't connect to the internet. Apps like The Weather Channel, Store, Amazon, Sirius, etc. When I first start the pc they work fine. After I use Edge or Internet Explorer, the apps won't connect to the internet anymore. If I restart the
    pc they work fine again until I start Edge or Internet Explorer.

tomo6611, May 25, 2017
  3. Edge no longer works after Win 10 Version 1607 system updated (KB3176936)

Thank you for trying. No that did not help. Ran diagnosis app 3 times, found & fixed errors each time but Edge still can't connect online. Strange thing is I ran the same diagnosis app to try to fix Windows Store App & XBox connection on old Windows 10 system.
    Never worked & found online that Windows App store seemed to have problems with any connection of less than 20 Mpbs while I have slow 3.1 Mbps connection. Wondering if Anniversery Update also updated Edge browser & MS apps to need faster connection to internet
    since Edge connected online fast on original Win 10 version while Chrome browser was very slow to connect. After updating to Anniversery Win 10, the Windows store & Xbox app still cant go online + now Edge & Windows Solitaire wont even connect online while
    Google Chrome is only working browser. My computer never had Windows Explorer on it - came with Win 10 & Edge & Edge no longer works.

Sandra&Weeks, May 25, 2017
  4. Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

Hi ineedhelppls. Welcome to the TenForums @ineedhelppls

First thing I would do is run these commands at command prompt(admin). In the following commands do not key in the information in brackets, it is there to tell you what command does.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Test.

Then I would disable IPv6. You will notice it can be enabled just as easy.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

If you still get issues I would recommend a network reset. You will lose wireless passwords.

Start=>Settings=>Network and Internet=> scroll down to bottom on the right hand side, last option, Network Reset.

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 25, 2017
  5. Thanks so much! I've followed your instructions and so far they're working. If I come back here, it's because the problem will have raised again, but keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks again!

ineedhelppls, May 25, 2017
  6. Excellent. Glad the forum could help.

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

1. Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close - Similar Threads - Internet Working Edge

2. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  3. edge closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  4. Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Code: 0x80131500 in Store/Edge won't connect to internet: Hi, this morning I completed a system refresh do to my audio not working on my laptop. Now it works just fine. But as it goes I lost a few little apps. Every time I open my store I get the error code 0x80131500. I didn't think much about it but Edge also won't connect to the...
  5. Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is not working in Microsoft edge, internet explorer, Microsoft store and cortana....: I tried reset internet properties and Inplace Microsoft upgrade but nothing helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-is-not-working-in-microsoft-edge-internet/0297ef94-a40f-4378-baf1-cba90c6c75f5
  6. microsoft store,edge not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft store,edge not working: Though I'm connected to internet why microsoft edge,store showing me that I'm not connceted to internet...but at same time i can use any other browser...this is senseless and so irritating...and I want to know the **** reason....
  7. Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store / Edge will not connect to internet: I'm getting error 0x80072EFD and 0x80131500 in Windows Store and Microsoft Edge also refuses to connect to website but everything else works fine (Chrome, Firefox). I upgraded to Windows 10 1809 before it got pulled. I tried all the helps out there (don't use a proxy,...
  8. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....
  9. UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work: We have to turn off the UAC because of a old software package we use but this stops us being able to use the store and edge due to the cannot be used on the built in admin account. Anyone know a way around this. Or a better way of doing this Also as our group policy are...
  10. Edge and Store not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge and Store not working: Both apps are not working after the upgrade. I've read of others having the same problems and I have even tried some of the suggested fixes. They are still not working. 10089

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet not working on windows phone edge