Windows 10: Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications

Discus and support Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure this is a Win 10 problem however it appears to because I had to replace Windows Media Center with Hauppauge WinTV 8 to access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CalBear37, Aug 1, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications

I'm not sure this is a Win 10 problem however it appears to because I had to replace Windows Media Center with Hauppauge WinTV 8 to access my off-the-air TV channels using my Hauppauge TV receiver card. There are two startup links and each bring up a window be manually authorized before boot up can complete. I can make that go away by changing Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications from Prompt to Enable (not secure). Then there is a warning message on start up but it doesn't require any manual action. That doesn't seem like a very good solution to the problem. Is there a way to set an exception for those links?

:)

CalBear37, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Dave521r Win User

Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications - How to define exceptions

In previous versions of windows you just told the computer to run all programs. There is something strange about the results of the upgrade. It also won't run Wamp whereas a new Win 10 computer will. It looks like you have to be an IT genius to solve the
    problem. I give up. I'll just click on the darn ok when I boot each time.

Dave521r, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications - How to define exceptions

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Your question is beyond the scope of what is typically answered in this consumer forum and would be better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet.

Please post your question in the TechNet
    Forums

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications

1. Internet Options, Security Settings, Launching applications - Similar Threads - Internet Options Security

2. NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING: same as topic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-launch-options-setting-no-language-setting-in/189c31a2-93d7-49bc-bfc2-13430cedfc87
  3. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  4. Application will not launch

Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  5. Bluetooth option missing in internet settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth option missing in internet settings: Doesn't Windows 10 have Bluetooth capabilities on a Laptop Computer? I do not show one to turn on or off. I do have the Airplane mode or Hot Spot that I can turn on or off. I honestly thought I had an option to use turn on or off Bluetooth, but I cannot find it now! ???...
  6. Bluetooth option missing in internet settings

Bluetooth option missing in internet settings: Doesn't Windows 10 have Bluetooth capabilities on a Laptop Computer? I do not show one to turn on or off. I do have the Airplane mode or Hot Spot that I can turn on or off. I honestly thought I had an option to use turn on or off Bluetooth, but I cannot find it now! ???...
  7. Bluetooth option missing in internet settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No WiFi option in Network & Internet settings: I was having trouble with my WiFi so I saw this magical button called "Network Reset" and I pushed it, because I'm not smart. And it restarted my computer, and I logged back in and saw on my hotbar where WiFi shows up it said "Not connected, no connections available" and I...
  9. Network & Internet Settings - No Connection Options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet Settings - No Connection Options: Hi, earlier today my Internet connection suddenly stopped working on my Windows 10 PC. Clicking on the Internet connection button in the bottom right brings up only "Network & Internet settings. Change settings, such as making a connection metred." There is no WiFi or...
  10. ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ETHERNET OPTION IS NOT THERE IN NETWORK AND INTERNET SETTINGS: Mostly I use wifi for internet but recently I want to use LAN wired connection for internet but it is not working. then i recoginze there was no ethernet option in network and internet settings, i updated drivers of realtek ethernet which was suggested by support assistant of...