Windows 10: Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre

Discus and support Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I'm looking for a Windows app that can replace the Linux Cantata app that can give you Internet Radio (Free stations) with a decent sorting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 18, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre

Hi there

I'm looking for a Windows app that can replace the Linux Cantata app that can give you Internet Radio (Free stations) with a decent sorting --Location, City and particularly by GENRE. Most Windows apps give you all the stations in a particular area which takes an age to go through them to get the Genre you are interested in --e.g Classical, Sport, Heavy Metal etc.

There are still 1000's of free Internet Radio streams -- surprised nobody has got an app that sorts these out decently.

(Hi youngsters --maybe you could make some money by designing one !!!).

Here's the Linux app I'm using -- no Windows equivalent that I've found yet - and I have to run Windows on the box I want the app on. !!

You probably need to get the OPML or real URL of the stream - then you should be able via a spread sheet or something be able to create an XML file readable by a Browser -- I'm not a programmer - so I can't do this myself but the principle doesn't actually look that difficult.

Internet Radio --any good  App that sorts on Location and Genre [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 18, 2016
  2. jfro20001 Win User

Problems With N95 Internet Radio

Hi, okay, this is what happens ...

1) Turn Phone on

2) Locate and Open Internet Radio App

...App opens, shows 3 menu options ( Favourites / Station Directory / Search )

3) Click on Station Directory

...Screen changes to Station Directory Screen. There are 4 options ( Browse by genre / Browse by language / Browse by country / Top Stations )

4) Choose any of the above options and the app closes and returns to the menu screen with 'Internet Radio' highlighted.

J

jfro20001, Oct 18, 2016
  3. jfro20001 Win User
    Problems With N95 Internet Radio

Hi, would be great if you can shed any light on this Internet Radio --any good  App that sorts on Location and Genre :)

1) Turn Phone on

2) Locate and Open Internet Radio App

...App opens, shows 3 menu options ( Favourites / Station Directory / Search )

3) Click on Favourites

...Screen changes to Favourites Screen. Says 'No favourites stored', follwed by an option 'Find More Stations'.

4) Choose 'Find More Stations'

...Screen changes to Station Directory Screen. There are 4 options ( Browse by genre / Browse by language / Browse by country / Top Stations )

5) Choose any of the above options and the app closes and returns to the menu screen with 'Internet Radio' highlighted.

J

jfro20001, Oct 18, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

I am quite happy with free TuneIn Radio, available at Windows Store:

5. lopedoggie, Oct 18, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there @Kari

EXACTLY the problem I was complaining about --for example the Belgium location gives me ALL the radio stations (could be 100's).

What I like is the Linux one --after Country then -->City then -->genre then -->station.

Here's the screen for Belgium from the store app. No further subdivision seems possible from the Country selection. For exam[;e I want all the Classical Music stations in Brussels. On Windows --Not possible (or I haven't found a way of doing it).

Compare that with the Linux app which is probably using the Tunein app anyway !! so why can't windows do roughly the same if the OPML streams are open and freely available.

The Linux screen shows what I'm trying to get shows 3 Classical music stations in Brussels ==> RTB (francophone classical) and two KLARA(Flemish) ones.

The final screen (Windows) just gives all the stations in a location. In this case the entire country --too much data to sift through !!!

cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 18, 2016
  7. Radio? Sure! has 31530 stations, some are dead and it is hard to browse through, but it might be worth a look.

TairikuOkami, Oct 19, 2016
  8. bra10n Win User

Late to this but since making the switch I'm very happy with TapinRadio.

@jimbo45; pre-set stations searchable by Region, Genre, Network... might be what you're looking for.

bra10n, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Radio --any good App that sorts on Location and Genre - Similar Threads - Internet Radio App

2. Are Windows XP downloads in "archive.org/internet archive" any good?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are Windows XP downloads in "archive.org/internet archive" any good?: Are Windows XP downloads in "archive.org/internet archive" any good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-windows-xp-downloads-in-archiveorginternet/b105e9be-2278-4e64-b525-4693e129a0d0
  3. Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is There Any Good but Free Alternative to IDM (Internet Download Manager)?: I am using IDM for such a long time. But I don't want to use it anymore. The reason is it often can't instantiate download and Firefox take control over it. I really enjoy when IDM can start downloading instead of Firefox. But as it often fails I am now looking for an...
  4. i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option: I've noticed in windows explorer I can add folder columns with headers such as Genre but in no way can I add any information into those additional columns such as artist, genre, albums... Why can I add the column but not edit the header... silly.. Best option ive heard so far...
  5. Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations

Finding and Playing Internet Radio Stations: This enquiry is from a non technical person with a neurological disability. What please in 2019 are the various options available to seek and play Internet Radio stations via a Windows 10 Desktop Personal Computer and where are the instructions to easily use such...
  6. i need a good free app that will play local radio station. iheart will not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need a good free app that will play local radio station. iheart will not: I need a good free app that will play local radio station https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-good-free-app-that-will-play-local-radio/4a376b15-e9c1-4349-a359-bba3d6ac571c
  7. Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE

Internet Radio - any program to sort by GENRE: Try Aimp [img]
  8. Good connection but no internet

Good connection but no internet: I can connect, log in, but "no internet". Same for any network, any physical location. Using cable through USB adapter - same. Have re-installed wireless driver. Can get wireless internet connection through a Linux VM using VirtualBox Bridged Adapter....
  9. fixmestick is it any good

fixmestick is it any good: Is this a viable program to use? A friend of mine uses it and swears by it. I personally am not sure if I want to try it. 75863
  10. roberts stream internet radio.

roberts stream internet radio.: Updated to windows 10 last week, everything fine except I cannot stream my music from my computer to roberts internet radio. Eveything is correct ie sharing and allowing ,the computer recognises the radio in devices but radio states (No upnp media servers found). have...