Windows 10: Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

Discus and support Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So it just happens 100% random out of no where and I get this error: (note i ripped this image off google but this is the exact thing that happens)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by McSweg, Sep 1, 2017.

1. McSweg Win User

Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

So it just happens 100% random out of no where and I get this error:

(note i ripped this image off google but this is the exact thing that happens)

Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices) [​IMG]

so I found TWO temporary fixes.

One: unplug router / modem for 10 sec and replug

Two: Go to the network settings and disable the ethernet (note I am connected via ethernet cable, 100% wired)

disable it

Enable it BUT i have to enable it about 30 times before it enables.

When it's enabling, it doesn't enable, it shows the message that it's enabling and I refresh the background and it's still disabled. I have to keep enabling until it randomly works (if anyone knows why I have to keep enabling it 30 times for it to actually enable please let me know)

why does my internet randomly stop on my PC? it works fine on other devices while its not working on my PC and it takes forever to enable the ethernet after i disable it.

:)

McSweg, Sep 1, 2017
  2. Bluten11 Win User

Mobile Hotspot Not Sharing Internet

I run windows 10 Anniversary edition with dual booted linux mint.

Until now the mobile hotspot button worked fine sharing my ethernet connection to all my connected devices.

Randomly it stopped working.

Now the hotspot turns on fine, ethernet works but no shared device gets internet access. I made no changes to my computer, it just stopped working.

To fix it I started a hotspot using cmd but even that doesnt share internet, i can connect to the hotspot in both cases and connected devices show up as well, only internet doesnt work.

Please help.

Bluten11, Sep 1, 2017
  3. PC won't start normally

My pc randomly stopped booting. It just gives me a blue screen and fails repair and refresh. Safe mode works fine tho.

Darkslayer16, Sep 1, 2017
  4. Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices)

First off, can you update your system specs with all available info, please? This will go a long way to helping us help you.

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Second, have you tried updating the drivers for your ethernet hardware?

IMHO, this sounds like a hardware issue. Of course, try updating the drivers first, this may help fix the issue.

Other things that may help is taking care of any system file corruption.

Start off by opening a admin command prompt and typing: sfc /scannow. If you have system files that are corrupted, this should fix it.

After that, type: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. This will fix any component store corruption.

Then, type: chkdsk C: /scan. If this comes up with errors, type: chkdsk C: /F /R. IT will ask to schedule the scan for the next restart. Say yes, then restart and let it do the scan.

There are a multitude of issues that can be fixed by these three simple steps.

ArazelEternal, Sep 8, 2017
  5. rvbfan Win User
    Make sure the device you are using isn't set to turn off device to save power.

rvbfan, Sep 8, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    In your pic you have 2 Ethernet internet devices. Ethernet 2 looks like it is your device you use to connect to the internet with.
    Under Network Adapters, right click Ethernet 1 and choose to Disable it. See how that works.

spunk, Sep 8, 2017
  7. McSweg Win User
    GPU: gtx 1070
    CPU: intel i7 6700k
    MOBO: ASRock Z170 Pro4S (CPUSocket)
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Second, have you tried updating the drivers for your ethernet hardware? No I haven't, how and where would I do that?

McSweg, Sep 9, 2017
  8. McSweg Win User

Ethernet 1 is my main internet. The other ehternets are VPNs

McSweg, Sep 9, 2017
  9. McSweg Win User
    How would I change that?

McSweg, Sep 9, 2017
  10. McSweg Win User

a
    whats wrong

Hey guys! I figured out how to update it *Biggrin

Hopefully it fixes it, will report results

McSweg, Sep 9, 2017
  11. McSweg Win User
    d

update didnt work, internet still randomly goes out.

McSweg, Sep 10, 2017
  12. Looks like your SFC found some issues. Sometimes it takes running it more than once to fix everything. Like I had suggested before, run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. After running this, run SFC again and see if it can fix all the issues.

ArazelEternal, Sep 10, 2017
  13. McSweg Win User

Also, I did the chkdsk C: /F /R but it didn't do anything.

It got stuck at 21% every single time and when ever I restart my PC it constantly starts scanning. Not sure how to stop it.

McSweg, Sep 11, 2017
  14. cptblah Win User
    After you have tried the other suggestions and are still experiencing networking drops, if you are connecting wirelessly, look into tweaking your adapter's signal configuration. You can easily change the intensity of your Roaming Broadcast. I implemented this fix with outstanding results. If your network connection is Ethernet, unplug the RJ45 interface and let the copper discharge its capacitance for at least 10 minutes, reinsert the Ethernet cable, reboot or rescan to acquire adapter autoconfig; then your networking should respond like new.

cptblah, Sep 12, 2017
  15. McSweg Win User
    im running wired (ethernet) but what do you mean rj45 interface? copper discharge? reboot/rescan to acquire adapter autoconfig?
    wat?

what is a adapter autoconfig, what am i suppose to scan what do i do exactly? can u dumb it down for me

McSweg, Sep 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Internet randomly stops working on PC (works fine on other devices) - Similar Threads - Internet randomly stops

2. Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet stops working randomly until I restart the device: this is frustrating. Teams and Outlook still works but the internet has drops.Only option is to restart your device to fix internet breaking issue...
  3. Mouse stopped working, but works fine on other computers. USB-port still works for other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse stopped working, but works fine on other computers. USB-port still works for other...: I have a HP Spectre x360. It's fairly new and runs on Windows 11. I've had it for a few months now, and mainly use it for web browsing, streaming and keeping up with mail and such. I don't use fancy software or download a whole lot of anything. Since this morning, my external...
  4. Mouse stopped working, but works fine on other computers. USB-port still works for other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stopped working, but works fine on other computers. USB-port still works for other...: I have a HP Spectre x360. It's fairly new and runs on Windows 11. I've had it for a few months now, and mainly use it for web browsing, streaming and keeping up with mail and such. I don't use fancy software or download a whole lot of anything. Since this morning, my external...
  5. Internet randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet randomly stops working: (I apologize for bad english, not my first language) Since July I've noticed that my connection randomly stops working every once in a while (usually every 15/30 minutes). It usually stops working, then I deactivate and reactivate the Wi-fi and it goes back to normal....
  6. No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet, Secured on my laptop but WiFi works fine on all other devices.: Hello, I've been having this problem for about a week. Our router has been recently changed in our house, same supplier Sky, and, for some reason, my laptop won't agree with it in the slightest. It's new, bought near Christmas, and is the Acer Aspire 7. Ever since we have...
  7. limited internet access ,other devices work fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    limited internet access ,other devices work fine: Since I installed Windows 10 I've had worsening WiFi issues The most recent being the internet not Peking every few minutes because "limited internet access" The router works fine with everyone else I tried updating the driver and can't roll it back Flushing the DNS cache...
  8. Internet connection randomly stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet connection randomly stops working: Ever since I upgraded to windows 10, my internet connection randomly stops working. It shows the yellow icon, and the only way to fix it is the run the troubleshoot. The issue is that it's not a rare occasion - happening only a few times a day - it happens a couple times an...
  9. No Internet On PC Windows 10 But Works on Other Devices

No Internet On PC Windows 10 But Works on Other Devices: Randomly my PC stopped having internet connection. I can connect to my wifi network but no internet access. Works on my phone, tablet and my fathers computer. It doesn’t work with wifi or ethernet and i’ve shut down and rebooted my computer multiple times and reset the router...
  10. Internet not working on computer, fine on other devices.

Internet not working on computer, fine on other devices.: Hi, my internets cinternets completely stopped working on my computer despite the computer displaying it as strong, in addition it is working fine on my tablet. I have tried everythingcocould could find and nothings working....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wired autoconfig stops randomly

2. internet randomly stops working pc only