Windows 10: Internet Security Program Off at Start-Up

Discus and support Internet Security Program Off at Start-Up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is an upgrade install of Win 10 Pro x64. When I start the system and after the desktop appears for a few minutes, I get an indication from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tjg79, Oct 28, 2015.

1. tjg79 Win User

Internet Security Program Off at Start-Up

This is an upgrade install of Win 10 Pro x64.

When I start the system and after the desktop appears for a few minutes, I get an indication from the lower right portion of the screen that my anti-virus is off and I need to tap to turn it on. Why is that?

Is this the normal way Win 10 handles Internet Security programs?

I'm using ESET Smart Security 9.

Regards

:)

tjg79, Oct 28, 2015
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Program Load At start Up Windows 10

The question that comes to mind is: Do have the correct startup file for the app inserted in 'Startup' folder??

Shilohbob, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Program Load At start Up Windows 10

I have a program I want to load at start up. I have it in the task manager start menu and the shortcut is in the Start Up folder. It will not load. It is a security camera program so I need this to load up, any ideas?

KeithRoberts_UK, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Borg 386 Win User

I'm not familiar with ESET, however, some AV's have a repair program that you can either d/l from the site or launch from the AV itself. Another option would be to re-install the program. You might want to first try a "over the top" installation. When you run the installer, it should detect there is already a version of ESET installed & in most instances, it offers you a repair option.

If that fails, then you may wish to consider completely uninstalling the program & re-installing it. The uninstaller can be found here:

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus softwareESET Knowledgebase

Borg 386, Oct 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Internet Security Program Off at Start-Up - Similar Threads - Internet Security Program

2. start up program

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  3. start up program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start up program: How can i setup chrome as startup browser. It is used to be under task manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-program/e3c38ec5-6482-48eb-a63b-a14af3fa7cd8
  4. start up program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. start up programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up programs: how to set any app in my windows 10 pc, to start when I start windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-programs/524b81ca-9e5e-4189-bc13-5ae8d692edf1
  6. Programs that require internet crash upon start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs that require internet crash upon start up.: Hello, my name is Tony! I have been experiencing a problem with my 64-bit Lenovo IdeaPad, Windows 10. It first occurred on December 2nd, 2019, where it would not run any program unless it was a browser or a program that is hard wired in the system like task manager and would...
  7. Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet shuts off whenever I start up a game: So I just upgraded to Win10 from win7 a few days ago and I have noticed whenever I start up a game the internet disconnects and I can NOT reconnect. This happens with Borderlands 3 on the Epic games store and the Outerworlds on the Xbox cliet for PC. When this happens my...
  8. internet on start up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet on start up: since the update every time i switch on my laptop i need internet connection to log in on the start up screen, other wise i cant do anything on my laptop. how can i deactivate this setting. i dont always have internet connection when i use my laptop so i really need to...
  9. a program on start up

a program on start up: how do I remove a app I pinned to start up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/a-program-on-start-up/f659d449-c764-4c7d-b4ca-51e3bdddee71
  10. Start-up Programs

Start-up Programs: I can see the start-up list of programs in the task manager. I want to add one to the list. f1 an no help or menu option is visible. I want to add a browser. How do I do this Please. *Huh 45862