Windows 10: Internet speed fluctuates wildly only on MY computer

Discus and support Internet speed fluctuates wildly only on MY computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro. I have a number of devices in the house that use the Internet. They all get more than 100 Gbps speed (speedtest.net). However, MY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nisko, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

Internet speed fluctuates wildly only on MY computer

Windows 10 Pro. I have a number of devices in the house that use the Internet. They all get more than 100 Gbps speed (speedtest.net). However, MY computer goes from near zero to over 100 Gbps - and it's the closest device to my router. What are the possibilities that could cause this? Thank you..........

:)

Nisko, Oct 13, 2017

2. LAN transfer speed fluctuation

I recently bought a new Win 10 laptop. I transfered my data from my old win7 laptop to the new one via lan cable. But the copying speed fluctuates between 11 MBPS to 200 KBPS. And am talking about a single large file of about 11 GB. I don't get it. I am
    not using internet connection and only those two computers are connected via LAN. I just wanna know the reason for such fluctuation.

Somanath Kale, Oct 13, 2017
  3. JCH1996 Win User
    Terrible battery meter

Has anyone else noticed that the estimed time left on the battery in windows 10 fluctuates wildly? On my xps 13 it can change almost 3 hours between checking it 5 minutes apart. Thanks!

JCH1996, Oct 13, 2017
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Check the adapter properties to see if it is set to sleep to save energy...

dmholt57, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Can you post a screen shot from speedtest 100gb isnt like a true speed of the internet

Samuria, Oct 13, 2017
  6. Nisko Win User
    There's some confusion here. Yes, I pay for 100 Gbps and I usually get it. I'm not sure I can get a screenshot - but trust me, the speed is there. But it dips (also frequently) to an unusable low speed when other devices in my home still get 100 Mbps.

Nisko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet speed fluctuates wildly only on MY computer - Similar Threads - Internet speed fluctuates

2. Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?: My internet speed is often all the way down to 1MB/s, whereas on other devices, even when I put my device next to my Wifi adapter on the computer, can reach up to 30MB/s . I have tried pretty much everything and I don't know what to do. For example I tried messing around with...
  3. Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my internet speed so slow only on my computer?: My internet speed is often all the way down to 1MB/s, whereas on other devices, even when I put my device next to my Wifi adapter on the computer, can reach up to 30MB/s . I have tried pretty much everything and I don't know what to do. For example I tried messing around with...
  4. Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5: Hey, My computer has recently started to lag a lot in terms of internet speed. One second it's doing fine at 300 mpbs, then goes to 60m then to 5. I have tried:A complete clean reinstall of windows 11, deleting all partitions and reinstallingUpdating the drivers from the HP...
  5. Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Speed Fluctuating From 300+ to 5: Hey, My computer has recently started to lag a lot in terms of internet speed. One second it's doing fine at 300 mpbs, then goes to 60m then to 5. I have tried:A complete clean reinstall of windows 11, deleting all partitions and reinstallingUpdating the drivers from the HP...
  6. Internet Speeds Vary Wildly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Speeds Vary Wildly: I've tested my internet speed on four main sources. Bearing in mind I'm on a 200Mb download speed internet package from Virgin, Here are my results for download speedOokla Windows App - 62MbOokla Website - 103Mb Google - 12MbFast - 110MbThese tests were all done within the...
  7. MY INTERNET KEEPS FLUCTUATING!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    MY INTERNET KEEPS FLUCTUATING!!!: HI, I recently got update of windows 10 build 2004.After that my WiFi connection gets turn on and continuously.. Things I have done: >Open internet troubleshooter of Microsoft.works only for 10 mins >Rebooted my PC many times no change Things I think I should do:...
  8. Slow internet speed on only on computer

Slow internet speed on only on computer: I have Spectrum 200mbps internet here in my office. We have 3 wired Dell desktops with Windows 10 and a wireless Night Hawk router. 2 of my wired desktops are at 225mbps and one is under 10mbps. Even my wireless cellphone is coming in at around 225mbps How can I speed up my...
  9. Internet speed unstable on one computer only.

Internet speed unstable on one computer only.: Hi So, I didn’t use my gaming laptop for a month and when I got back to it the internet speed was very unstable. I tried testing it with ookla speedtest and most of the time it shows decent download (60-70mbps) and ok upload (8-10mbps). Sometimes however, when I notice my...
  10. Internet speed varies wildly on one of several devices

Internet speed varies wildly on one of several devices: I have a number of devices in my home that have access to my wi-fi router: an i-Pad, two smartphones, and my WIndows 10 computer. I run speedtest.net to test the speed on each device. It is always over 100 Mbps on every device except the Windows computer. On this computer, it...