Windows 10: Internet speed halved

Discus and support Internet speed halved in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, i have installed windows 10 about a week ago when i saw that my internet speed is 41 mbps (connected with cable, i don't use wifi) although when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kokicakokos, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Internet speed halved

Hello, i have installed windows 10 about a week ago when i saw that my internet speed is 41 mbps (connected with cable, i don't use wifi) although when i was using windows 7 i had 100 mbps.
    To be honest i can't really tell the difference but i would like it to be up to full speed again. If anyone knows what is the problem or has the same problem please help.
    Thank You

:)

kokicakokos, Aug 12, 2015
  2. Dave_894 Win User

Anniversary update and internet speed

Hi, installed the Windows 10 anniversary update and my internet connection speed has halved!!! Any ideas how to fix this?

Txs Dave

Dave_894, Aug 12, 2015
  3. CPU Clock speed with Belle Update

You'd probably find that even if the processor speed was further halved, you wouldn't notice much of a difference, until processor intensive applications are started or there was a lot of multi-tasking running in the background. That's why there isn't
    much apparent difference between the phones running Belle at 1GHz and the older phones running at 680MHz. Just going through the menus and homescreens etc is not processor intensive enough to notice any differences between two different phones running at different
    clock speeds.

bumblebirra, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Internet speed halved

I am having the same problem. Lots of pages I visit are timing out. But the sites themselves are up and running. Windows 10 has been a disaster for me. Seriously interrupted by ability to work.

gschoenfeld1955, Aug 17, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would go back and install the last drivers provided by either the manufacturer of the computer or the manufacturer of the LAN controller. Even if the drivers are for Windows 8, 7 or even Vista. An example of how to do that is here:

How to setup a WIFI connection. - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Obviously, you probably have a different LAN controller, but that's the basics of how to do it.

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
  6. i have the latest drivers, and im directly connected to the router with cable so there should be a stable 100mbps right? (like it was on win7)

kokicakokos, Aug 17, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Not necessarily if the latest drivers are the Windows 10 drivers supplied by Microsoft. Drivers supplied by the manufacturer of the network controller or by the manufacturer of the computer will often times work better and have more features even though they are older.

NavyLCDR, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Internet speed halved

Torquemada, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet speed halved

1. Internet speed halved - Similar Threads - Internet speed halved

2. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed: My ethernet speed is just 10mbps but when I disconnect the ethernet it shows link speed back to 1000gbps, after having a speed test it's shows 9-10mbps, how to increase the speed...
  3. Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Speed: My Internet Speed is 100 Mbps but on my Laptop it's showing not more than 45Mbps whereas on phone it shows100+mbps. Model Dell Inspiron 5537 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed/520da7d7-eaac-42a7-a621-9f1250d4e8bc
  4. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed: Hi my internet speed is very slow on laptop wont even play videos its ok on other devices its a dell lattitude D531 any help appreiviated thankyou https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-speed/04bdcaf4-cee8-4ca7-8ecd-224251aba230
  5. Upload speed is halved. 2004 19041.450

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upload speed is halved. 2004 19041.450: So I am having this weird issue for like 10 days now. Upload speed doesn't go above 50mbps in Windows. Checking with beta.speedtest.net . It hovers around 48mbps. (Checked with multiple browsers and servers) My connection speed is 100 mbps up and down. I checked same...
  6. Internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed: For well over a month I've been experiencing issues with Windows 10 and the internet speeds I'm getting. I'm using wi-fi, and have no issues on any other devices just my windows 10 laptop! I'm attaching a link that shows how much my speeds fluctuated in a short amount of...
  7. Internet speed

Internet speed: Hello, A month ago I got a new solid state 1 tb hard drive...already using Windows 10. Everything has been fine, after working out the bugs, until now. Download speed is only 12 in room furthest from router, 30 or 50 or 70 in other rooms. On two other computers with windows...
  8. SSD Speed halved when running outside of Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD Speed halved when running outside of Safe Mode: Hi there, I'm running into an issue with a particular SSD when benchmarking it outside of Safe Mode. I've been trying to disable various startup services and processes to determine the cause, but to no avail. When fresh installing a 2015 version of Windows 10 Professional...
  9. internet speed

internet speed: My ethernet card said transmission speed is 100/100. Is there a way to increase this speed. My internet provider said they are transmitting 400 mbps to me. How do I get my data at this speed on a win 10 pc. CAN IT BE DONE? If not then I need to pay for a lesser speed....
  10. Internet Speeds

Internet Speeds: Hi folks, just looking for some information here. I have been a long-time Virgin Media customer and never really had cause to complain before. When we moved house back in May they had to do a fresh installation as they couldn't find the cable that came into the property...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed in memory 1903 halved