Windows 10: Internet speed problem with 1 Giga broadband

Discus and support Internet speed problem with 1 Giga broadband in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Happy holidays to all! I've recently been upgraded to a 1 gigabyte broadband connection. We have two PCs connected by LAN. One of them achieves 800... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by majarambuz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Internet speed problem with 1 Giga broadband

Happy holidays to all!
    I've recently been upgraded to a 1 gigabyte broadband connection. We have two PCs connected by LAN. One of them achieves 800 Mbps download and 100 Mbps upload, which is within the ISP parameters, while my Lenovo T450s laptop only achieves 100-450 Mbps download and 100 Mbps upload. I've tried different cables (both Cat 5e) to no avail.
    Any tips?

Thanks in advance

:)

majarambuz, Dec 25, 2017

2. Internet sharing between cellphone and computer using Bluetooth.

If you look closely i was saying that you wouldnt get broadband speeds from a bluetooth internet connection, im sure you can connect to the net through bluetooth, but i dont believe you can get those broadband speeds.

monkeyboy85, Dec 25, 2017
  3. windows update

I am from India. People used to had speed around what you mentioned that was affordable (4G internet was very costly) but Jio became a game changer last year.

7.4 AUD-Unlimited Internet- 3 Months. Earlier it was like:

3.1 AUD-1 GB only- 1 month.

Broadband is also now cheaper due to this.

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 25, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Internet speed problem with 1 Giga broadband

That laptop may not have a Gigabit LAN but only 10/100.

CountMike, Dec 25, 2017
  5. Try TCP Optimizer and set it to: 100+Mbps - Optimal - Apply Changes.

TairikuOkami, Dec 25, 2017
  6. Thank you to both, I've checked and the laptop DOES have Gigabit Lan.
    I've discovered that the problem seems to lie with Kaspersky anti virus. If it's paused, I get full speed.
    I've tried TCP Optimiser but it actually slows it down (with Kaspersky paused).
    I'll see what Kaspersky says...

majarambuz, Dec 25, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Check all browsers do they have a proxy set a lot of AV run a proxy to scan data which will slow connection

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet speed problem with 1 Giga broadband

1. Internet speed problem with 1 Giga broadband - Similar Threads - Internet speed problem

2. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  3. Internet speeds of 1/4 the original speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet speeds of 1/4 the original speed: Hello, since last week I noticed a decrease in my internet speeds, the speed test shows the correct speed but when downloading from any source eg. Steam, Origin, Rockstar Launcher I get speeds of 3MBps instead of 10MBps, I formatted my computer and the issue persists, when I...
  4. Internet speed problem!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speed problem!: Regards to all! In addition to my Dell workstation, there is also a Fujitsu Celsius R670-2 workstation. On Dell, the internet speed is 300Mb/s, and on Fujitsu it is 110Mb/s. Upload is same. What is the problem? 170026
  5. Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed

Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed: Hi, Microsoft In My City i have only 1 Good Internet Service Provider ISP which provides ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. I want to know what is the maximum Internet Speed on ADSL Broadband. How can i improve or increase My Home Broadband Internet Speed. Please help &...
  6. Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed

Improve Home Broadband Internet Speed: Hi, Microsoft In My City i have only 1 Good Internet Service Provider ISP which provides ADSL Broadband Internet Connection. I have Subscribe to Internet Speed Plan @ 8 Mbps. But i am getting very Slow Internet Speed @ 6.44 Mbps. Also want to know SNR Margin Down Stream &...
  7. dial up speed with broadband

dial up speed with broadband: Yeah. That's what I say. What? I am using windows 10 Home edition version 1511 HP laptop 64 bit 8 gb ram 500 gb hd. I recently reinstalled windows and am experiencing very slow and sometimes incomplete downloads. I checked errors and read that my connection shows "Getchar...
  8. INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND

INTERNET CONNECTION BROADBAND: please help me i cannot connect to the internet using broadband wi fi i can help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-connection-broadband/843bc761-7151-4fa9-8dd9-6717f0d3db6f
  9. Internet speed problems

Internet speed problems: Hello; I'm trying to find out if there is something wrong with my network settings. I just upgraded my service with my cable provider. I had been using their 50Mbps service and was getting around 40-45 on all of my devices when I ran speedtest.net. I just upgraded to a...
  10. Slow Broadband Speed

Slow Broadband Speed: My HP Pavilion Desktop PC gives me a download broadband speed of 41.7 mb/s whereas my Thomson NEO 10.5 inch laptop only gives me 3.98 Mb/s. I am on BT Infinity and use a BT Hub5 router. Both machines run the latest version of W10 and are connected wirelessly and these speeds...