Windows 10: Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers

Discus and support Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated to Windows 10 but I think the problem was with Windows 8 too, Sometimes my internet is out on my PC while the internet is still up on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Equation, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Equation Win User

Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers

I just updated to Windows 10 but I think the problem was with Windows 8 too, Sometimes my internet is out on my PC while the internet is still up on my brothers PC, tho this problem happens about 3 times a very few days.. We have 5+ computers in the house and 4 are on daily while 3 is being used daily the 4th one is not very used daily and sometimes off most of the time. So the 2 computers have Windows 10 and 3rd computer has Windows 7 while the 4th computer has Windows 10 also. I read on an article which says that Windows 10 uses bandwidth without you know and I checked task manager and on windows 8 my CPU and Memory was just fine and when I upgraded to Windows 10 my CPU spiked to about 20% and Memory spiked to about 72% and sometimes random numbers appear on all 4 sections( CPU, Memory, Disk, Network).

So how can I fix this problem or is it just Windows 10?

:)

Equation, Nov 1, 2015

2. Slow internet speed on one of the Windows 10 computer

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Do let us know how things are, we would love to assist further.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 1, 2015
  3. bumpusd Win User
    Slow internet speed on one of the Windows 10 computer

Original title: Windows 10 Internet Settings

I am having some trouble with my wife's computer getting slow internet speeds. I use speedof.me to run a speed test and her system is showing no greater than 12mbps and we are paying for 35mbps. I know that it is not the modem, router, switch, or cable because
    using all the same hardware I get a full 30mbps on my desktop(Win10), my laptop(Win10), and my wife's laptop(Win7). I've been doing some research over the past two days and I found something about if the network connection says that is is public over private
    that Windows might use some sort of tcp/ip traffic shaping for some bizarre reason. But then I read somewhere else that is only the case with connections at 150mbps and over. At this point I am so bogged down in the search results from ten billion technology
    dunces asking "why is my wifi so slow" that I can't make any decent headway with this problem. If anyone could point me directly at some decent resources for how to reconfigure Windows 10 internet settings so that I can get the proper connection speeds for
    my wife's computer I would be most grateful.

bumpusd, Nov 1, 2015
  4. davexnet Win User

Have you tried a downoad/upload/latency speed test? Do the test at Flash Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test a few times and compare
    it to the other PC's.

davexnet, Nov 2, 2015
  5. Equation Win User
    Equation, Nov 2, 2015
  6. davexnet Win User
    You can look at the history tab in task manager to see who is using the network over time.

Is the problem PC wifi or ethernet? I would look in the event viewer/system messages to see if you can find something
    at the time the problem occurs.

davexnet, Nov 2, 2015
  7. Equation Win User
    Network stays at 0% all the the time
    Any other solutions?

Equation, Nov 2, 2015
  8. davexnet Win User

What is the real problem? Internet performance? or wifi sessions being dropped?

davexnet, Nov 3, 2015
  9. Equation Win User
    When I surf the internet for some reason my PC's wifi drops and I cannot load a page or sometimes the page loads very slow, while the other computers Wifi works properly.. So any solutions?

Equation, Nov 3, 2015
  10. Equation Win User
    Any other solutions?

Equation, Nov 3, 2015
  11. Don't know if this helps but what I did to fix my Network Usage of 0% was right clicking on the Network Utilization Tab under Processes in task manager and selected Process Name and all of a sudden, my Network Tab displayed real time usage.

DidYouEverFixIt, Nov 14, 2015
  12. xeleron Win User
    What wireless network card do you have?Task manager shows you its name at the networking tab.Also,how is your signal strength?

xeleron, Nov 15, 2015
  13. gadfly Win User

hello,
    i have a dell n5110 i7 laptop. i can use wireless normally with other laptops, tablet and smartphones. but on this dell n5110 i have a very low speed i just can down load at 140 kb per second and at the time of downloading with this speed my whole wireless internet doesn't work on other laptops like at the moment i haven't internet on the others!!!! even on this dell when downloading at 140kb/s i can't even open a website. i update the network driver many times and it didn't work. either i haven't bluetooth on this laptop.
    anybody can help me? i don't want to roll back on windows 7. windows 7 wireless driver don't run on 10.
    thanks for helping....

gadfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet speed slow on one computer but fine on the rest of computers - Similar Threads - Internet speed slow

2. Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer: So recently i have been having issues with my computer, it randomly dropped the download speed from 40mb/s to under 10mb/s but when i test the internet speed outside of my computer, im still getting 40mb/s on my phone and other devices. Ive tested and tried many solutions but...
  3. Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer: So recently i have been having issues with my computer, it randomly dropped the download speed from 40mb/s to under 10mb/s but when i test the internet speed outside of my computer, im still getting 40mb/s on my phone and other devices. Ive tested and tried many solutions but...
  4. Slow download speed, but internet is fine outside of computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Internet Upload Speed over Ethernet on One Computer Only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Upload Speed over Ethernet on One Computer Only: I have Bell Fibe internet that provides 1,000Mbit download and 750Mbit upload. I have a Desktop and a Laptop. The wired connection is Modem/Router -> Cat6 Cable -> Switch -> Cat5e Cable -> Wall Jack -> Cat5e Cable -> Computer.Connected to my Laptop, I get full speeds. About...
  6. Slow Internet Upload Speed over Ethernet on One Computer Only

Slow Internet Upload Speed over Ethernet on One Computer Only: I have Bell Fibe internet that provides 1,000Mbit download and 750Mbit upload. I have a Desktop and a Laptop. The wired connection is Modem/Router -> Cat6 Cable -> Switch -> Cat5e Cable -> Wall Jack -> Cat5e Cable -> Computer.Connected to my Laptop, I get full speeds. About...
  7. Slow internet speed on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet speed on computer: Internet speed on my computer is slower than 2 mbps while on all other devices it is 30mbps plus - how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed-on-computer/7de02cba-a201-4cc0-a453-8e013eff9e91
  8. Slow internet speed on only on computer

Slow internet speed on only on computer: I have Spectrum 200mbps internet here in my office. We have 3 wired Dell desktops with Windows 10 and a wireless Night Hawk router. 2 of my wired desktops are at 225mbps and one is under 10mbps. Even my wireless cellphone is coming in at around 225mbps How can I speed up my...
  9. slow internet on one computer

slow internet on one computer: Hello, i have slow connection on a windows 10 device (1,1 Mbps) and on my phone and other devices the internet speed on the same network is 20 Mbps. I have tried replacing wifi dongle, tried restarting the wifi router, but nothing seems to work. Sometimes my computer decides...
  10. Internet speed slows for one computer but not all

Internet speed slows for one computer but not all: Internet slows down for one computer but not all of them, I have some troubleshooting information below. Code: [CMD] C:\Users\Jason>ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : JasonMcKay Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Node...