Windows 10: internet speed test on win 10 pc

Discus and support internet speed test on win 10 pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do i check my network speed on a windows 10 PC. when i use the internet speed test on the web i get 77.8 mbps. i m paying my internet provider for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jeromewallace, Jul 27, 2018.

1. internet speed test on win 10 pc

how do i check my network speed on a windows 10 PC. when i use the internet speed test on the web i get 77.8 mbps. i m paying my internet provider for 400 mbps Where is the disconnect. Something seems a little strange to me. cannot get help from internet provider.

:)

jeromewallace, Jul 27, 2018

2. Google Speed test disables part of Win 10

Having just switched from one internet provider to another, I chose to run a speed test to verify the up / download capability. Not having a url handy, I "Googled" speed test. Being lazy (and foolish) I selected the first speed test that popped up. It was
    reuptedly a speed test provided by Google. In the middle of running this test, about 10 seconds into the process, the test "locked up" and would not run or shut down. With the screen totally locked, I was forced to do a hard shutdown via the power button.

Because someone will ask, I am using:

Dell Inspiron 1520 machine with Win 7 upgraded to Win 10. To the best of my knowledge, all Win updates are current.

What works:

Via the task bar, I can access, Chrome, Adobe Acrobat, Word, and outlook.

The Windows (start) icon via "right-click) only

What I cannot access and will not function:

The Win (start) Icon will not function via "left click".

Edge icon, nor is Edge accessible via any other function

The windows notifications center indicates 1 notification but will not open via left or right click

I cannot seem to access any windows updates.

Any suggestions about the potential cause and thus the clearing up this issue? I am considering using my Win 7 program disk to attempt to repair the system. I am currently about 500 miles from that disc though, so it will be about a week before I can try
    this.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DavidCliff141, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Google Speed test disables part of Win 10

Hi David,

There are a few factors why you're having this issue on your computer. It is highly recommended that you shut down your computer properly to avoid system errors and corruption. We suggest that you create a new User Profile named Test to check if the problem
    will reoccur.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 27, 2018
  4. dustymars Win User

internet speed test on win 10 pc

Chrome speed test issue

After having problems with IE 11 on my old eMachine with Win-10 (Home)/ Comcast server I installed Chrome. It works good but the speed test resulted in 1/3rd the speed of IE 11 or FireFox. Several typical dead end suggestions (Internet ‘sperts) I assume that Chrome has some setup problems, but cannot find the cure. Any suggestions? BTW, both IE and FF run ~125 Mps, Chrome~45.

dustymars, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

internet speed test on win 10 pc

1. internet speed test on win 10 pc - Similar Threads - internet speed test

2. Does doing many internet speed test runs at a time decrease internet speed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does doing many internet speed test runs at a time decrease internet speed?: I do multiple internet speed test runs at time multiple times throughout the day. Is this bad for my internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-doing-many-internet-speed-test-runs-at-a-time/2a0da543-1a2b-4376-aca5-87bf5e6358ad
  3. Does doing many internet speed test runs at a time decrease internet speed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does doing many internet speed test runs at a time decrease internet speed?: I do multiple internet speed test runs at time multiple times throughout the day. Is this bad for my internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-doing-many-internet-speed-test-runs-at-a-time/2a0da543-1a2b-4376-aca5-87bf5e6358ad
  4. fast pc speed test slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  5. fast pc speed test slow

fast pc speed test slow: My new Dell PC is fast downloading but wonder why speed tests oddly show 20-25 Mbps. Get usual 200-250 Mbps on laptop, nothing like router, location etc. has changed otherwise. Not big problem just wondering why can't measure speed. Have reset router, run network...
  6. speed test for windows 10

speed test for windows 10: where can I find the windows 10 speed test app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speed-test-for-windows-10/8de05357-1131-4c6b-87de-5162ff8c6c25
  7. Best way to test internet connection speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best way to test internet connection speeds: Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the most reliable way to test my internet connection. I normally use speedtest.net but i discovered I get completely different results depending on what browser i use. My speeds will show up as 200mbps or 600-700mbps for up or...
  8. Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.: I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work exclusively and the Acer is primarily for multimedia stuff. I use the laptops at home and at work. At home I have a Huawei B315 LTE...
  9. How to test speed on my PC with Windows 10?

How to test speed on my PC with Windows 10?: I want to check my network speed but don’t know how to do it on my PC with Windows 10. My internet provider doesn’t want me to help. Thank you....
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...