Windows 10: Internet Speeds

Discus and support Internet Speeds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whilst checking the settings for the network adapter I noticed that W10 reports the adapter as being an nVidia nForce with max speed of 100Mbps but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveGPhoto, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Rocky Win User

Internet Speeds

Since this motherboard has a gigabit connector installed M2N68-CM | Motherboards | ASUS Global
    I would venture that you are using the wrong connection or driver. Get into your BIOS and poke around.

Rocky, Sep 27, 2017

2. Hi Clintlgm,

The modem and router are a single unit and the cables up to the modem/router are new - installed by Virgin Media when we moved into the house back in May.

This morning I connected my laptop directly to the back of the router via a new ethernet cable (Cat 5e) and the speed results are the same *Sad

VM accessed the router remotely the other day and are happy that the settings are correct.

If it wasn't for the fact that all 3 computers in the house are suffering the same issues I would say this is starting to look more like a computer problem.

SteveGPhoto, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Hi Rocky,
    I'm kinda starting to lean towards this but it's odd that 3 computers in the household are seeing the same speed issues. The only commonality between the 3 is they are all running W10, hence my question about an update incorrectly overwriting the driver.

I'll have apoke about later *Smile

SteveGPhoto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet Speeds

1. Internet Speeds - Similar Threads - Internet Speeds

2. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  3. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  4. Internet Download Speed Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  5. Internet Download Speed Problem

Internet Download Speed Problem: Having a problem with download speeds, they are around .75KBS at moment, speed test is telling me my Network Internet Download Speed should be 12.5MS upload .80KBS my provider is tell me that there mite be a problem but they don't seem to be able to track down what's causing...
  6. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  7. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  8. My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...: I'm getting 100+mbps speed on battery and 3mbps while plugged in. I don't recall changing any settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-gets-really-slow-when-i-plug-in/88d06ed4-989e-4fad-9e5b-22c2cb7bfd23
  9. My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...

My internet speed gets really slow when i plug-in my charger. Is there anything i can do to...: I'm getting 100+mbps speed on battery and 3mbps while plugged in. I don't recall changing any settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-gets-really-slow-when-i-plug-in/88d06ed4-989e-4fad-9e5b-22c2cb7bfd23
  10. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...