Windows 10: Internet stops working when attempting to download programs

Discus and support Internet stops working when attempting to download programs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Didn't know where to ask this but I cannot find anything online about this and I really need this problem fixed. Just installed Windows 10. Every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Polarcrest, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Internet stops working when attempting to download programs

Didn't know where to ask this but I cannot find anything online about this and I really need this problem fixed.

Just installed Windows 10. Every single time I go to install a program my internet stops working. Wifi still works but my lan connection fails. It takes some time before it works again.

I attempted CS:GO from steam and it would crash over and over. Now I am downloading some other program, multiple gigs, not from steam and it is doing the same thing. works for 10-20 seconds then it goes down.

Let me know your thoughts. I am assuming it's a Windows 10 issue because this has never happened before. The hardware is just fine and yes, I have turned everything off and back on again.

:)

Polarcrest, Aug 23, 2015

2. Internet Explorer 11 repair

When I use Internet Explorer 11, I get error messages on every web site I visit. It usually says that "internet explorer has stopped working" with the text that "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify
    you if a solution is available" With a "Close Program" button. This repeats several times until the page closes completely.

I need some way to repair the internet explorer program. I can't download it because I have windows 10.

BillPlonty, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Problems with Windows 10 Version 1703

I have also developed problems with the 1703 upgrade.

1. Cortana rarely works, usually shutting down in mid sentence.

2. Edge usually requires two or three attempts to open before it finally works.

3. Internet Explorer 11 usually requires about six attempts before I stop getting the "stopped working" message.

4. Other programs and apps also frequently require multiple attempts to open.

MichaelKutka, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Internet stops working when attempting to download programs

I have to bump this. I really am in need of help here. I have been trying everything I know and could find but nothing is working. I can't even stream youtube long before my internet crashes.

Polarcrest, Aug 23, 2015
  5. I'd suspect a bad driver. What network card are you running (make and model)?

sciencegeek, Aug 23, 2015
  6. I have updated/rolledback/uninstalled/disabled all of that. No improvement at all.

Polarcrest, Aug 24, 2015
  7. Update/rollback/uninstall etc will just reinstall either the driver that comes within Windows or reinstalls the current driver. When the current driver is clearly buggy, you have to bypass the official drivers and look for the drivers for the chipset. Chipset drivers are usually much more current, especially when a major new OS is just released. That's why I asked for the make and model of your network card so I can find the chipset on the network card and find some viable alternative drivers.

sciencegeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Internet stops working when attempting to download programs

1. Internet stops working when attempting to download programs - Similar Threads - Internet stops working

2. Internet and Keyboard stop working after launching program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet and Keyboard stop working after launching program: Hi everyone, I've been having this problem where I open a program called Toonboom Harmony 22 simultaneously my internet disconnects and is unable to detect nearby wifi and my keyboard fails to register any inputs even with unplugging and plugging back in it is unable to...
  3. Internet and Keyboard stop working after launching program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet and Keyboard stop working after launching program: Hi everyone, I've been having this problem where I open a program called Toonboom Harmony 22 simultaneously my internet disconnects and is unable to detect nearby wifi and my keyboard fails to register any inputs even with unplugging and plugging back in it is unable to...
  4. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  5. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on: When I turned on the WiFi hotspot my internet used to work without an issue, but since yesterday everytime I turn on the WiFi Hotspot I can't use the internet in my computer. When I try to search something in Google, it won't load. If I try to use another program, like...
  6. Internet stops working when WiFi Hotspot is on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internet stops working when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stops working when playing a game: My internet connection wifi just stops working whenever I try to play a game. When I launch it, it just takes a few seconds before it stops working and I have to trouble shoot. It always says it had to reset my wireless adapter. This happens when using my home network and...
  8. Internet stops working when playing a game

Internet stops working when playing a game: My internet connection wifi just stops working whenever I try to play a game. When I launch it, it just takes a few seconds before it stops working and I have to trouble shoot. It always says it had to reset my wireless adapter. This happens when using my home network and...
  9. Internet connection stops working when downloading

Internet connection stops working when downloading: I recently got a new PC and my WIFI is fast but for some reason when lets say I download something like a small file and I open to a new page while downloading it will take forever to load and whatever I have on screen will disconnect. I tested doing the same thing on my old...
  10. When downloading, internet stops working on everything else on my Windows 10

When downloading, internet stops working on everything else on my Windows 10: I am facing a weird issue. Whenever I start any download, my PC internet just stops working on everything else, and only download continues. I can't even browse the internet on Web Browsers. How to fix this?...