Windows 10: Internet Time not updating to correct time

Discus and support Internet Time not updating to correct time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Date and Time Settings are set to "Set time automatically", But after any reboot, Windows 10 displays the incorrect time. When I go to the Date and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fpacheco1960, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Internet Time not updating to correct time

Date and Time Settings are set to "Set time automatically", But after any reboot, Windows 10 displays the incorrect time.
    When I go to the Date and Time Settings configuration and toggle the "Set time automatically" setting off then on again, the time changes to the correct time.
    Any idea as to why this is happening or how to fix this issue?

:)

fpacheco1960, Oct 25, 2016

2. Screen Time limits not activating at correct time

My son's screen time limits are set so that he gets logged out at 11pm. But it has just kicked him out at 9.30pm. I can't work out why? And now he cant log in?

AKO_IS_COOL, Oct 25, 2016
  3. Screen Time limits not activating at correct time

Hi Brent,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the answer provided by Amit Kumar, for a similar thread.

Childs Screen time wrong.....

For further reference,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-do-i-set-up-family-safety-on-windows-10

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please let us know the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 25, 2016
  4. Stitch194 Win User

Internet Time not updating to correct time

fpacheco 1960 Make sure you have the correct (Mountain) time zone selected for your location.

Stitch194, Oct 25, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    Your CMOS battery on your motherboard may need replacing,
    First, boot into Setup (Bios) Set the time here. Save and Exit. If the time is behind on this reboot, or any reboot after that, then the CMOS battery must be changed. You can get one from any Drug, Office Supply or Computer store.

spunk, Oct 25, 2016
  6. Thanks for the quick reply

I thought that might have been the problem, so I replaced the Battery Yesterday, it did not fix the issue.
    This is a Mac Pro 4.1 (Early 2009), there is no Bios, only a EFI that is saved with the battery, booting from macOS Sierra does not have this issue. I am running Windows 10 on a separate SSD, and the issue is only when booting from the Windows SSD.

7. Stitch194 Win User
    Make sure your clock is synchronized with the internet time zone.
    Open Control panel > Date and Time > click on "Internet Time" Tab >Change settings and make sure the box is checked for "Synchronize with Internet Time Sever. server time.windows.com

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Internet Time not updating to correct time [​IMG]

Stitch194, Oct 25, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Running in Parallels or Bootcamp? Since you are using a SSD which is most likely connected via USB, there is nothing that you can do other than run a third party utility to sync the clock with a time server.

bro67, Oct 25, 2016
  9. Not running Windows in parallels, bootcamp, or USB. Using a Hardware RAID Areca 1880i with a straight Windows 10 install on a EFI booted SATA 3 connected SSD. Exactly like a non-mac PC running windows.

10. bro67 Win User
    You still have to use a third party utility to set the clock on Windows, since it has to run in either Parallels or Bootcamp when running on Mac hardware, with Mac OS-X installed. Otherwise it installs as a Virtual Machine and you will continue to have problems.

bro67, Oct 26, 2016
  11. You do not have to use parallels or boot camp to install Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and up allows you to install windows exactly like you would any standard PC.
    See This Link:
    How to Install Windows 10 on Mac OS without Boot Camp? - wikigain

I just made a bootable USB Windows 10 installer, added the storport drivers for my hardware raid, during install to see my SSDs, choose my empty 480GB SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. It is a full SATA 3 connected Windows 10 installation, not in a "Virtual Machine"

fpacheco1960, Oct 26, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    The only way that Windows will run on Mac Hardware is if it runs within a VM. You may not think that it is, but it is actually running in a VM. When you installed Windows on your Mac, the Bootcamp drivers are installed. Apple has made it so that older machines are not going to be able to use Windows 10 on them. That is because they do not want you running Windows on their hardware.

All of this information is out there and if you want to argue, I would suggest stopping now, because it will not solve the problem that is caused by the fact that you are running Windows in a Virtual Environment, not in a real environment if you were running on Beige Box hardware.

You are mixing an Operating System with hardware that it was not made to run on. Especially with Windows 10. If you want the clock to be updated in Windows, you will have to get one of the third party utilities that checks the time on a Time server, then updates Windows Time if it is not correct.

bro67, Oct 27, 2016
  13. Internet Time not updating to correct time

I am really not trying to argue with you, But Please give me a link that proves me wrong, here is a report from HWinfo utilty:

Computer: Apple MacPro5,1
    CPU: Intel Xeon E5520 (Nehalem-EP, D0)
    2266 MHz (17.00x133.3) @ 1595 MHz (12.00x133.0)
    Motherboard: Apple Mac-F221BEC8
    Chipset: Intel 5520 (Tylersburg 36D) + ICH10 Consumer
    Memory: 49143 MBytes, ?-???
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 (GK104) [eVGA.com]
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, 2048 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
    Drive: ST4000DM000-1F2168, 3907.0 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: WDC WD10EADS-00P8B0, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
    Drive: Samsung SSD 840 Series, 117.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 468.9 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 468.9 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
    Drive: ST95005620AS, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
    Drive: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GH41N, DVD+R DL
    Drive: RAID DummyDevice, Unknown device
    Sound: Intel ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller [A0]
    Sound: NVIDIA GK104 - High Definition Audio Controller
    Network: Intel 82574L Gigabit Network Adapter
    Network: Intel 82574L Gigabit Network Adapter
    OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 14393.351 (RS1)

If I was running Windows 10 in a Virtual Environment, I could not use my GTX 680 2GB GPU for graphics, and I would have a Virtual Hard drive with the OS installed on it.

By the way, did you look at the link I provided about Installing Windows?

I will gladly allow you to connect to my system using Teamviewer so you can show me how to verify that I am in a Virtual Environment... Maybe we can figure out this together..*Smile

fpacheco1960, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Internet Time not updating to correct time - Similar Threads - Internet updating correct

2. correct time

in Windows 10 Customization
    correct time: my laptop won't permanently keep correct time. why? I've tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-time/a469ecd0-1663-4951-a033-8b55d0840e7b
  3. Unable to update time via Internet

Unable to update time via Internet: This is a follow up to the previous thread with the same title, now locked. I had replied to @lukpac that my workaround was to use a VPN to tunnel past my ISP firewall and link to the time servers. Subsequent experiments have shown that the VPN tunneling was bypassing my...
  4. Unable to update time via Internet

Unable to update time via Internet: Today I happened to notice that my PC was a couple of minutes off, and that it hadn't synchronized time in a few months. I tried to manually synchronize, but it does not work. I have tried the following servers: time.windows.com pool.ntp.org time.nist.gov time-a.nist.gov...
  5. Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off

Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off: [ATTACH]I have a problem on a new computer I just got last month, I only just realized the problem today, the clock that is in the taskbar shows the correct time for my timezone, but for everything else, such as discord. shows time in the opposite time AM PM and the time it...
  6. Windows not automatically updating correct date and time

Windows not automatically updating correct date and time: Windows time does not automatically update. It says it is not automatically synchronised with an internet time server but won't let me change the setting and connect with a time server telling me to contact my system administrator....
  7. Setting correct time on computer!

Setting correct time on computer!: I was told I could have correct time & Zone set by Microsoft Automatically! How do I do that!! Everywhere I go it asked for Administrator Acct.! For the 50,000th time We don't know it...was never told or shown where to look..This is only since upgrading to Windows 10.. My...
  8. Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong

Time zone is correct, but Time is wrong: The automatic time zone in Vilnius, Lithuania is UTC +3 hrs. This is accurate during daylight savings time. However, the time displayed on the clock is wrong. Interestingly, Windows is not the only source that gets this wrong. The website Time Difference lists the time as...
  9. Time Not Showing Correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Time Not Showing Correctly: Since last 2 days, windows time is 6 hours behind then the exact current time. I have to set enable and disable "Set time automatically" to fix this issue, but now everytime I have to follow the same step. What should I do, please help*Sad 63899
  10. time wrong, while time zone is correct.

in Windows 10 Support
    time wrong, while time zone is correct.: Every boot my computer's clock is 7 hours fast. The time zone is correctly set to UTC -08:00 I have set it to synchronize with time.windows.com as well as time.nist.com, to similar results. When clicking the "update now" button I get the error: "An error occurred while...