Windows 10: Interrupting windows update

Discus and support Interrupting windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It is safe to turn off your machine while windows update still downloading or even while installing ? In my case windows update still downloading and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mikelferdinan, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Interrupting windows update

It is safe to turn off your machine while windows update still downloading or even while installing ?
    In my case windows update still downloading and i like to shut down my machine and i will continue tomorrow.

:)

mikelferdinan, Jan 8, 2017

2. Windows Update interrupting Games on Windows 10 computer.

Well Microsoft DONT know what the **** they are doing!!! And theses idiots that respond to the posts ignore the qeustions.

win+r

gpedit.msc

then search for updates and disable it mate.

Theres another trick but i wont post it on here incase they deside they want to fix it.

Drunken-Stalker, Jan 8, 2017
  3. Retorik Win User
    Windows Update interrupting Games on Windows 10 computer.

Deepika, I have this problem as well and it's exactly like ChemicalGrenade states. Windows 10 has a notification setting for scheduling updates when you have it set to notify to schedule a restart but it's absolutely unnecessary that it take over the whole
    screen and minimize whatever you're doing that's fullscreen at the time of the notification popping up. WINDOWS needs to fix their system to allow the notification to show without completely interrupting the users current activity. Especially when it minimizes
    a multiplayer game, ranked pvp game, etc. It's not an issue with 3rd party programs but also simply stating "be sure to download/install updates prior to playing your game" is an unacceptable answer as there are literally downloads every other day to update
    something... Just need Microsoft to fix the notification behavior. By the way, setting it to "automatic" is not good either because it will shut down your pc regardless if you are in the middle of something, when it's finished installing/downloading which
    is also highly annoying and totally unnecessary.

Retorik, Jan 8, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Interrupting windows update

It's OK to perform normal shutdown the PC while downloading/updating, For downloading, it will continue where left off. For updating, if the PC needs to update file(s), it will display a message: Do not turn off your PC then you 'd need to wait.

topgundcp, Jan 8, 2017
  5. Hey thanks for quick answer, but how if my machine freezing and you have to force shut down while windows still installing update components ? Whether it will damage my OS ?
    whether it will damagewhether it will damagewhether it will damagewhether it will damagewhether it will damage

mikelferdinan, Jan 8, 2017
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    The effects of a forced shutdown are unpredictable. The OS will try to avoid damage in such cases but this is not always possible.

LMiller7, Jan 8, 2017
  7. Its possible windows automatically restore to previous file to avoid damage when crash happening during installing updates ?

mikelferdinan, Jan 9, 2017
  8. LMiller7 Win User

Maybe. But nothing is certain after a forced shutdown.

LMiller7, Jan 9, 2017
  9. MartinO Win User
    Agreed. No problem shutting down while downloading. But during install I would avoid it. Why not leave it run and finish overnight?

MartinO, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Interrupting windows update - Similar Threads - Interrupting update

2. Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU: After my laptop did the most recent update, it’s been unbelievably slow. It freezes just transitioning from the startup screen to the PIN login screen. If I manage to get in, it takes up to 30 minutes for icons to load on the desktop and taskbar. Apps then struggle to open,...
  3. Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU: After my laptop did the most recent update, it’s been unbelievably slow. It freezes just transitioning from the startup screen to the PIN login screen. If I manage to get in, it takes up to 30 minutes for icons to load on the desktop and taskbar. Apps then struggle to open,...
  4. Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Interrupt windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interrupt windows update: My computer started updating windows when I was restarting after a power outage. Power went out again while it was updating. Is there a hot key or any way to stop an update in progress during boot?...
  6. Interrupt windows update

Interrupt windows update: My computer started updating windows when I was restarting after a power outage. Power went out again while it was updating. Is there a hot key or any way to stop an update in progress during boot?...
  7. Interrupt windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows Update interrupt Stable Diffusion Training, again...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update interrupt Stable Diffusion Training, again...: Windows update now decide to restart during A.I. training after I found out that uptime is restarted and this:I have max out Pause Update, as today Pause Update expired and decide to force to restart without checking system usage like CUDAI have enabled "Metered Connection"...
  9. Windows Update interrupt Stable Diffusion Training, again...

Windows Update interrupt Stable Diffusion Training, again...: Windows update now decide to restart during A.I. training after I found out that uptime is restarted and this:I have max out Pause Update, as today Pause Update expired and decide to force to restart without checking system usage like CUDAI have enabled "Metered Connection"...
  10. I think my Windows OS is interrupting a motherboard related update.

I think my Windows OS is interrupting a motherboard related update.: I have Windows OS and an MSI motherboard. In my MSI control center I was prompted for some new updates/installs available. After installing I had to restart the PC. Once restarted the system seems to freeze during this process, skipping my MSI reboot and taking me straight to...