Windows 10: Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Discus and support Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This is huge! Having worked in IT store in past, we've received bunch of PC's that were infected with ransomware and people just had no idea what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Clam Win User

Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

This is huge! Having worked in IT store in past, we've received bunch of PC's that were infected with ransomware and people just had no idea what to do to prevent this from happening in the future since one of the usual advices "don't download stuff from emails from people you don't know" never really worked.

I hope it won't be in beta for too long and they'll be able to fix all the issues they've got right now. Having said that, I won't just sit on my ass and wait for beta to end but I'll download it and use it and report stuff that seem off to me! *Smile

2. Hi:

This is BETA software.*Wink

Please report false-positives and other issues HERE.
    That is the best venue to assist the devs with improving the product.

Also, a new, beta2 build will be released later today to correct some issues: Doesnt prevent infection after reboot - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forum

Watch this forum for announcements

Also, this pinned topic explains the rationale for layered, anti-ransomware protection (offered "as is"):
    I have MBAM and MBAE. Why do I need Anti-Ransomware?

Cheers,

MM (not affiliated with Malwarebytes, just a home user & forum helper)

MoxieMomma, Jan 26, 2016
  3. simrick Win User
    *Ditto But, I am really excited about it! This ransomware stuff has gotten totally out of control!

simrick, Jan 26, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

Happy to report a popup said new version available with legitimate programs filtered. Installed, opened, removed CC Cleaner from Exclusions list and ran CC Cleaner just fine. Good to see such fast repair to false positive.*Wink

From MB forum:
    Posted Today, 05:45 PM
    Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta 2 has been released, download or update now!
    (If you have MBARW installed it should prompt to update)

Information:
    Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware (BETA) 0.9.5

Improvements:
    • Improved rules to prevent false positives on legitimate software

Issues Fixed:
    • Fixed issue that interfered with proper detection of latest CryptoWall 4 variant

mrgeek, Jan 27, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I removed it.. I can wait on this tool.

BunnyJ, Jan 27, 2016
  6. groze Win User
    Is malwarebytes testing this on all windows operating system 7 & above? If I am not mistaking the video is only showing windows 7.

groze, Jan 27, 2016
  7. mrgeek Win User
    Mine is installed on Windows 10

mrgeek, Jan 27, 2016
  8. Phone Man Win User

Interesting statement from Malwarebytes CEO:

Seams they have a standalone Beta to find the bugs before it is rolled into other products.

Another statement I found:
    Jim *Nerd

Phone Man, Jan 29, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I've had one false positive with MS Office. Since the new update everything has been OK.

Winuser, Jan 29, 2016
  10. Alphamale Win User
    Hi forum members.

Just downloaded this software. If it's good as malwarebytes should work just fine.

Alphamale, Jan 30, 2016
  11. Geneo Win User
    Aren't regular backups as good a solution?

Geneo, Jan 30, 2016
  12. Winuser Win User
    Only if you disconnect the backup drive when your finished with the backup. Ransomware will try to encrypt all your drives. A backup won't be of much use if ransomware encrypts it.

Winuser, Jan 30, 2016
  13. Geneo Win User

Yes, I do, as you should with a good backup policy. Unplugged from computer and power to protect against common mode failure (lightening, power surge, etc.)

Geneo, Jan 30, 2016
  14. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Jan 30, 2016
  15. simrick Win User
    Although a backup system which uses versioning will be safe. (Think: Crashplan)

simrick, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Similar Threads - Introducing Malwarebytes Anti

2. malware and malwarebytes beta rootkit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware and malwarebytes beta rootkit: Anyway to get the free malwarebytes beta anti-rootkit to scan a external hard drive for malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-and-malwarebytes-beta-rootkit/87616022-f898-49ed-ad37-b5ab8ee7c27a
  3. Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?

Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?: MBAR is in beta status, and was last updated in 2017. My wife got some spam, and I want to do a rootkit scan, just in case. Norton security, Norton Power Eraser, and MalwareBytes anti-Malware all come up clean. 122311
  4. Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit: How to add an exclusions-list in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit ? Program keeps finding the same items , which I have to exclude after every scan ! Would be much easier if we could add an exclusions-list............. Im sure more people are using this software , so appreciate...
  5. EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?

EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?: Just wondering what people are using for Windows 10? Apparently EMET can be easily exploited in Windows 10 and MB Anti exploit is recommended over it. Any opinions on this? Does the premium version of Anti exploit allow you to secure 3rd party apps as EMET is able to? 64470
  6. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit: At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I fully understand what this program is trying to do. I have read the description on their web site but I must admit it's a bit...
  7. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.12 Build 68 19 April 2018 ***Download page*** Protection: Protection against exploit-driven Process Hollowing attack Usability: Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI) Compliant Compatible with Windows...
  8. Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware [img] Information BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums...
  9. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta: Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta [img] For the last four years, ransomware has evolved into one of the biggest threats to cyber security that I’ve seen in a long time. Names like CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, and CTBLocker keep average computer users...
  10. Introducing the Outlook.com beta

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Outlook.com beta: Today, we’re launching the Outlook.com beta, an opt-in web experience where you can try out new product innovations and let us know what you think. Recent advances in programming, design, and artificial intelligence have enabled our engineers and designers to improve the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. beta ramsomeware