Windows 10: Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Discus and support Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hi there Any Ransomware - just forward details to the Police who handle Financial and Internet Fraud in your country. One we get a few of these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 25, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Hi there
    Any Ransomware - just forward details to the Police who handle Financial and Internet Fraud in your country. One we get a few of these scammers being seen to go to Jail I'll think we will all be a bit pleased.

Decent backup / restore will always thwart any of this rubbish --people need to backup their DATA at least once in a while as well as OS then Ransoware can't do anything other than just be a simple irritant while people restore OS and data drives.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 30, 2016
  2. larc919 Win User

Only jail??? These are our computers they are messing with. Are guillotines still being made?

larc919, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Winuser Win User
    If only it was that easy.

Winuser, Jan 30, 2016
  4. Geneo Win User

Backups are

Geneo, Jan 31, 2016
  5. groze Win User
    Depends on the backup program *Wink *Smile

groze, Jan 31, 2016
  6. unifex Win User
    Personally, I don't use any program. I just copy all my files onto a backup drive in one go. I keep two versions of the backup files and delete the earliest version after a new backup. Moreover, my current working set of data is mirrored on the home desktop, work laptop, a USB drive, and Dropbox.

In addition, I actually do follow the standard advise of not downloading stuff from emails of unknown origin. The way I do that is very simple - I don't have any email client on my machines, I use webmail, and download only those files that I actually need and expect. Anything else can be either ignored or opened in the cloud.

And yes, if I happen to catch something like that ransomware, the first thing I'd do I'd call the police, not an IT shop.

unifex, Jan 31, 2016
  7. groze Win User
    You would still have to reinstall the operating systems get updates, re-install software programs. Then restore your files. I find it a lot easier restoring from a Macrium image and it saves a lot of time.

groze, Jan 31, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Macrium reflect to Backup W10 partition (120GB SSD) ----> 5 mins.
    Restore actually was quicker ---> 3.56 !!!!

(Boot from USB 3 stick, OS on 120 GB SSD backup image on local HDD (6GB/s WD Red 3TB HDD).

If people can't spare this amount of time to protect their systems -- 'Nuf said.

Data backup obviously will take longer but you only have to backup data ONCE and just backup new files etc as and when.

No sympathy at all with people these days who get Ransomware / Viruses etc without having proper backups - decent software is FREE anyway - and even commercial packages if you want something more robust will be an order of magnitude cheaper than any of these scam merchants will ask for.

I've been posting on these sites (as have a load of others) AD NAUSEAM about the importance of proper backups -- seems people STILL don't get the idea.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 31, 2016
  9. Geneo Win User
    I use a hybrid bakup. I have my data on 3tb of HDD, my of on SSD, and games on raided SSD. I back the os up frequently -it takes 4 minutes with macrium. Games are macrium incremental file bacups. Data is synced to other drives using Microsoft synctoy. It consumes very little time.

Geneo, Jan 31, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    I was referring to the forward it to the police and send them to jail part.

Winuser, Feb 2, 2016
  11. Winuser Win User
    I was referring to the report it to the police and sending them to jail part. You can report it to the police all you want. Finding them and having them arrested is going to be darn near impossible. I wouldn't be surprised if the chances of catching them is 0 to none.

Winuser, Feb 2, 2016
  12. azasadny Win User
    I work on people's PC's all the time and I've upgraded 44 of them to Windows 10. I can count the number of people who regularly backup their data with one hand and have several fingers left over... I use Malwarebytes and install it on every PC I work on and have the PC's owner pay the $25 for the annual Premium license or I refuse to work on their PC. EVERY PC is infected with malware and many have AVAST, AVG, McAfee or other "garbageware" on them and their devices got infected regardless...

azasadny, Feb 2, 2016
  13. groze Win User

I have Spybot S&D 1.6.2.0 which I think works better and is free. Malwarebytes premium would possibly conflict with Spybot S&D Resident Protection. However, Malwarebytes free program doesn't have real time protection but you can do manual scans. This is just my opinion. I have been using windows 7 with MSE with no issues and it has detected a bad download a few times.

No offense meant, I am not being sarcastic, I am just curious
    What do you do when someone comes in with a Linux system, you sure can't install Malwarebytes premium. Why would someone with a Linux come in, upgrade their hard drive or add memory or cpu.

groze, Feb 2, 2016
  14. mrpumpkin Win User
    So, how is this different than MB Anti-exploit, besides covering vectors outside of internet activity, such as opening a file?

mrpumpkin, Feb 3, 2016
  15. Dean73 Win User
    Uhm it works in the background by itself so no need to do anything.

Do not install very unstable beta!

Dean73, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Similar Threads - Introducing Malwarebytes Anti

2. malware and malwarebytes beta rootkit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware and malwarebytes beta rootkit: Anyway to get the free malwarebytes beta anti-rootkit to scan a external hard drive for malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-and-malwarebytes-beta-rootkit/87616022-f898-49ed-ad37-b5ab8ee7c27a
  3. Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?

Is MalwareByte Anti-Rootkit still a good tool?: MBAR is in beta status, and was last updated in 2017. My wife got some spam, and I want to do a rootkit scan, just in case. Norton security, Norton Power Eraser, and MalwareBytes anti-Malware all come up clean. 122311
  4. Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit

Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit: How to add an exclusions-list in Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit ? Program keeps finding the same items , which I have to exclude after every scan ! Would be much easier if we could add an exclusions-list............. Im sure more people are using this software , so appreciate...
  5. EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?

EMET or Malwarebytes Anti exploit?: Just wondering what people are using for Windows 10? Apparently EMET can be easily exploited in Windows 10 and MB Anti exploit is recommended over it. Any opinions on this? Does the premium version of Anti exploit allow you to secure 3rd party apps as EMET is able to? 64470
  6. Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit

Malwarebytes Anti -Exploit: At the moment I'm using Bitdefender anti virus and Malwarebytes anti malware. Would it be advantageous to install the above program. I'm not sure I fully understand what this program is trying to do. I have read the description on their web site but I must admit it's a bit...
  7. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit: Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Stand Alone Beta Latest beta version 1.12 Build 68 19 April 2018 ***Download page*** Protection: Protection against exploit-driven Process Hollowing attack Usability: Hypervisor Code Integrity (HVCI) Compliant Compatible with Windows...
  8. Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware: Latest Version of Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware [img] Information BETA 8 Version: 0.9.17.661 Release Date: September 6th 2016 Information and Download: New version - BETA 8 - now available! - Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta - Malwarebytes Forums...
  9. Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta

Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta: Introducing the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta [img] For the last four years, ransomware has evolved into one of the biggest threats to cyber security that I’ve seen in a long time. Names like CryptoLocker, CryptoWall, and CTBLocker keep average computer users...
  10. Introducing the Outlook.com beta

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Outlook.com beta: Today, we’re launching the Outlook.com beta, an opt-in web experience where you can try out new product innovations and let us know what you think. Recent advances in programming, design, and artificial intelligence have enabled our engineers and designers to improve the...