Windows 10: Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today, we are happy to introduce support for the Web Authentication specification in Microsoft Edge, enabling better, more secure user experiences and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
  2. poit57 Win User

Microsoft Account authentication

After more research, I have found my answer. It looks like the issue was that Microsoft released a new Microsoft Authenticator app with the features first introduced in Microsoft Authenticator Beta. The new app received a prompt to approve access to my Microsoft
    Account when signing on from a new PC, though I find it strange that the beta app wasn't directly upgraded to the new version of the app.

Microsoft now has three 2 step authentication apps available in the store for Windows 10 Mobile:

• Authenticator - original app from Windows Phone 8
    • Microsoft Authenticator Beta - originally released to Windows 10 users when Windows 10 Mobile was only available on the Windows Insider program.
    • Microsoft Authenticator - the official Windows 10 app no longer in beta

poit57, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing the Web Media Extension Package with OGG Vorbis and Theora support for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

1. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Introducing Web Authentication

2. Introducing Microsoft Edge Kids Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Kids Mode: There’s so much to be grateful for about the internet – immediate access to the world’s information at your fingertips, discovering inspiring content like DIY videos, and staying connected with family and friends through social media (I...
  3. Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge: Since the release of the new Microsoft Edge, we have heard a lot of feedback about missing the web notes tool that allowed you to capture and mark up content across the web. Frankly, we’ve missed it too! But first, we wanted to make it better. While web notes was...
  4. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Bing: The browser and search engine for business [ATTACH] In our mission to empower people with knowledge with Microsoft 365, one critical opportunity is the internet. We know that 60% of the time people spend on the PC is within the web browser, and it has become the primary...
  5. Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the new Microsoft Edge IT Center: Looking for technical documentation and tools to help you customize and manage Microsoft Edge for your organization? Bookmark the Microsoft Edge IT Center, your one-stop shop for everything you need to support a modern web browsing experience. What’s new First, you’ll find...
  6. Introducing the Microsoft Edge DevTools Protocol

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Microsoft Edge DevTools Protocol: Today’s web developers face more challenges than ever before. New frameworks spring up left and right. The number of devices capable of running the web multiply by the day. And we strive as creators to enable an inclusive and trustworthy world where fundamentals like...
  7. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  8. Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge: We’ve heard requests from many of our customers to support additional open-source formats in order to access a broader set of content on the web. To address this, ,we recently added support for the WebM container format and the VP9 and Opus codecs on supported hardware....
  9. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...
  10. Introducing Brotli compression in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Brotli compression in Microsoft Edge: Beginning with EdgeHTML 15.14986, Microsoft Edge supports Brotli as an HTTP content-encoding method. This change will be released to stable builds with the Windows 10 Creator’s Update early next year, but you can preview it now via the Windows Insider Program. With this...