Windows 10: Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’ve heard requests from many of our customers to support additional open-source formats in order to access a broader set of content on the web. To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

Source: Introducing the Web Media Extension Package with OGG Vorbis and Theora support for Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Dec 4, 2017
  2. Phil 1987 Win User

Will Edge have Extensions?

Why introduce a new browser that does not support extensions? Odd....

Does Microsoft not appreciate how many people will not use Edge because of this?

As for the above reply from Microsoft, how's about an indication as to WHEN Edge will support extensions.

Phil 1987, Dec 4, 2017
  3. "Edge does not allow browser extensions...."

Hi,

Nice to meet you!

You can click
    here
    to learn more about the issue you are facing.

Yes, as you have mentioned, Microsoft Edge does not allow your McAfee add-in to run now. And McAfee is not the only add-in rejected by Microsoft Edge. The main reason behind it is that Microsoft Edge is a new browser built for safe, clean, fast and productive
    web browsing experience. Microsoft has been working on it to make "Edge" better and better.

Even though McAfee add-in is disabled, Microsoft Edge is still quite safe to protect your web browsing experience. Hence, don't worry. Besides, too many add-ins usually make web browser slower and risky to corrupt. You might heard Google Chrome supports
    many extensions and add-ins. I am a Chrome user as well. Google Chrome is quite fast and powerful but it does affect a lot on CPU usage and battery life particularly with many add-ins enabled. I prefer Microsoft Edge to any other browser as "Edge" is really
    a modern browser to make web browsing clean, fast and safe.

In addition, Microsoft Edge team announced before that "Extension" feature will be introduced later in this year. If you expect to have a control over your add-ins to the new browser, you can wait for the "Extension" feature developed out.

Thank You!

Winston_Lai, Dec 4, 2017
Thema:

Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge

1. Introducing Web Media Extension Package for Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Introducing Web Media

2. Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb: Several days ago I receive update notification on Microsoft Store for Web Media Extension. I try to install it and get Error 0x80073cfb.My question is did windows 11 need Web Media Extension? If windows 11 need it can anyone help me how to fix the error?Thank you.Best...
  3. Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Media Extension - Error 0x80073cfb: Several days ago I receive update notification on Microsoft Store for Web Media Extension. I try to install it and get Error 0x80073cfb.My question is did windows 11 need Web Media Extension? If windows 11 need it can anyone help me how to fix the error?Thank you.Best...
  4. Introducing Microsoft Edge Kids Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Kids Mode: There’s so much to be grateful for about the internet – immediate access to the world’s information at your fingertips, discovering inspiring content like DIY videos, and staying connected with family and friends through social media (I...
  5. Microsoft introduces new Extensions menu on toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft introduces new Extensions menu on toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Extensions are small applications that enhance the browser’s functionality. Once you install an extension, you can notice the extension icon appearing on the toolbar. If you have several extensions installed on your browser, these extension icons take up...
  6. Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing web capture for Microsoft Edge: Since the release of the new Microsoft Edge, we have heard a lot of feedback about missing the web notes tool that allowed you to capture and mark up content across the web. Frankly, we’ve missed it too! But first, we wanted to make it better. While web notes was...
  7. How to install extensions on Microsoft Edge from Chrome Web Store

in Windows 10 News
    How to install extensions on Microsoft Edge from Chrome Web Store: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]We recently reported that Microsoft has started releasing public preview builds of their new Microsoft Edge browser powered by Chromium on the Internet. They are releasing it under the Microsoft Edge Insider Program. Being powered by the same engine as [...]...
  8. Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Web Authentication in Microsoft Edge: Today, we are happy to introduce support for the Web Authentication specification in Microsoft Edge, enabling better, more secure user experiences and a passwordless experience on the web. With Web Authentication, Microsoft Edge users can sign in with their face,...
  9. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...
  10. Introducing Brotli compression in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Brotli compression in Microsoft Edge: Beginning with EdgeHTML 15.14986, Microsoft Edge supports Brotli as an HTTP content-encoding method. This change will be released to stable builds with the Windows 10 Creator’s Update early next year, but you can preview it now via the Windows Insider Program. With this...