Windows 10: Invalid Argument

Discus and support Invalid Argument in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI guys Ive got an issue with KODI and windows 10. Everything was A ok until a couple weeks ago when i started getting Invalid Argument VIA smb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cunny, Aug 15, 2017.

1. cunny Win User

Invalid Argument

HI guys

Ive got an issue with KODI and windows 10.

Everything was A ok until a couple weeks ago when i started getting Invalid Argument VIA smb and a shared folder.

Basically, everytime i try to access the shared folder i get the error from any device.

So far ive tried :

Running windows 7 (worked)
    Re-formatting and installing win 10, worked until yesterday when updates were installed. Updates were :
    KB4034674
    KB4034662
    KB4022405
    KB4035543
    KB890830
    & some driver updates.

Can anyone help me out as this is my main media server.

Cheers

:)

cunny, Aug 15, 2017

2. Windows Store App Does Not Work (Windows 10)

Nope. Invalid argument and a number of red text lines

Sara Alonso Cordero, Aug 15, 2017
  3. after windows 10 update

arguments invalid is the error message for printer driver with xerox

WindwardUnity, Aug 15, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Invalid Argument

If it is in Kodi, that is a Kodi issue, not a Windows problem. Kodi has had issues with Samba for a very long time. There is an ongoing thread in their forums about breaking their own software.

bro67, Aug 16, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Are you running it as a stanalone program or as an app from the app store?

Samuria, Aug 16, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It does not matter where it came from, the fact is that the Kodi Foundation has known about this problem for a very long time and will not fix it.

bro67, Aug 16, 2017
  7. cunny Win User
    I've found the issue and it was with Windows, hence the post here.

The updates block which ever service smb uses in the windows firewall. Allowed it through and it's all good again

cunny, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Invalid Argument

1. Invalid Argument - Similar Threads - Invalid Argument

2. ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:: Everytime I start my computer I'm being asked to select a program to open a file. I opened with notepad and it shows the following: ERROR: Invalid argument specifiedINFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: INFOMSG: -?/-h This help menuINFOMSG: -p Attempts to migrate...
  3. ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:: Everytime I start my computer I'm being asked to select a program to open a file. I opened with notepad and it shows the following: ERROR: Invalid argument specifiedINFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: INFOMSG: -?/-h This help menuINFOMSG: -p Attempts to migrate...
  4. ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  6. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  7. Fix 0x00000667, Invalid Command line Argument BSOD error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix 0x00000667, Invalid Command line Argument BSOD error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have encountered the 0x00000667, ERROR_INVALID_COMMAND_LINE Argument stop error code on your Windows 10 […] This article Fix 0x00000667, Invalid Command line Argument BSOD error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to fix run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or argument windows 10 home: I just installed windows 10 on a new motherboard and hard drive. Started loading some of my programs from the installation disk. I got to this one that says: runtime error '5' Invalid procedure call or argument I have tried running it in compatible programs from windows XP...
  9. How do I fix ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe...: On startup of my machine, I get asked how to open a file I didn't ask to open. Every time, it gives me this: ERROR: Invalid argument specified INFOMSG: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Clipup.exe Usage: INFOMSG: -?/-h This help menu INFOMSG: -p Attempts to migrate data from the...
  10. Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ..: get a program error message Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-argument-value-type-or-count-is-invalid/e6a2663c-86ac-40d4-8436-1deae038dab2"