Windows 10: Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC

Discus and support Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Alright, any help will be appreciated. Using File Explorer, under Windows 10 Pro I have "blank" folders that cannot be deleted or unpinned. This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by skornenicholas, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC

Alright, any help will be appreciated. Using File Explorer, under Windows 10 Pro I have "blank" folders that cannot be deleted or unpinned. This is the error I am receiving below.
    (Note I have tried sfc /scannow with Admin privileges and looking for the CLSID code in the registry to remove these folders already. I uninstalled my anti-virus to make sure there was not an issue there.)

Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC [​IMG]

Any ideas?

:)

skornenicholas, Jun 11, 2016

2. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

This behaviour started for me when I redirected my Documents folder to Onedrive. The system generates multiple instances of the Documents folder every time my backup programme (Goodsync) does an update and accesses the Onedrive folder. The multiple instances
    seem to disappear on PC restart.

I am not interested in spurious solutions from Microsoft to this forum which in my opinion are simply time wasting to make it appear that they are doing something. This needs to be addressed as a Win 10 fault and fixed ASAP.

IainCummings, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Robert F2 Win User
    Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

I have followed these steps and it makes no difference at all.

Robert F2, Jun 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC

dalchina, Jun 11, 2016
  5. Hi dalchina, no, no folder redirects.

skornenicholas, Jun 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jun 11, 2016
  7. Thanks for the help, all the folders were set correctly.
    However, by looking in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID, finding the folder code, taking full ownership of the key, and all sub-keys, I was able to then remove the "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" entry, restart, and delete the entire key. I am not sure how those entries were added, but it did remove them. Thank you for your assistance!

Guess I should clarify the instructions in case someone else has the same issue.
    1) Search for the CLSID number in Regedit under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID
    2) Right click on key, select Permissions, Advanced
    3) If Owner is TrustedInstaller select Change to your user name, press Check Name to make sure you have it right
    4) Okay, select checkbox under the new owner, Enable Inheritance, check box for "Replace all child object..."
    5) Change "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" Value to 1, right click on CLSID key, delete
    6) Repeat for each key

skornenicholas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC

1. Invalid/Blank Folders under This PC - Similar Threads - Invalid Blank Folders

2. Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?: I just renamed and rebooted, so my pc name is completely valid, it may be be because of something else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-invalid-written-under-my-pc-name/0f9b6a12-b323-4364-bbe1-e2894710fcb5
  3. Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?: I just renamed and rebooted, so my pc name is completely valid, it may be be because of something else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-invalid-written-under-my-pc-name/0f9b6a12-b323-4364-bbe1-e2894710fcb5
  4. Multiple system folders under this pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple system folders under this pc: First I couldnt create a new folder or new text document but then i fixed it and now this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-system-folders-under-this-pc/edbae8ef-1eb7-4f46-ab39-f851aa896b96
  5. Multiple system folders under this pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple system folders under this pc: First I couldnt create a new folder or new text document but then i fixed it and now this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-system-folders-under-this-pc/edbae8ef-1eb7-4f46-ab39-f851aa896b96
  6. How to remove blank duplicate icons under this pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove blank duplicate icons under this pc?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/make43 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijzwmu/how_to_remove_blank_duplicate_icons_under_this_pc/
  7. Duplicate Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  8. Videos Folder under This PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos Folder under This PC: I’ve redirected the Videos folder under this PC in file explorer, yet some App or setting keeps creating the folder in the default location including a sub folder “Caotures”- I changed the windows 10 Xbox capture folder location, still happening. Any ideas?...
  9. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...
  10. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc: Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened....