Windows 10: Invalid file handle.

Discus and support Invalid file handle. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by windows20, Apr 6, 2016.

1. windows20 Win User

Invalid file handle.

I tried installing cygwin and messed up what I wanted installed. Now, when I try to delete C:\cygwin\usr\share\avogadro\crystals\zeolites\CON.cif I get an error that I have an invalid file handle and cannot delete it. I don't see anything special about this file, so why can't I delete it?

Very confused...

:)

windows20, Apr 6, 2016

2. Invalid File Handle 32

What has McAfee Support had to say about this? How long has a McAfee application (any) been installed?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Invalid File Handle 32

Why am I getting this message every time i try to install the mod app called REDitor II at first it ran great but after a while of not using it and then had a couple of windows up-grade this (Invalid File Handle 32) I had looked and looked and looked and
    had not found a solution i'am not able to use this app because it will not install and I don't know if it is my McAfee program.

WilliamLemmons, Apr 6, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Invalid file handle.

Give Revo Uninstaller Freeware a go.

First try to uninstall it. If it works, fine. If the uninstaller does not work, do a force uninstall, scan for leftovers and delete them.

Thema:

Invalid file handle.

1. Invalid file handle. - Similar Threads - Invalid file handle

2. file name is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file name is invalid: I have an older Asus laptop...several months ago after a windows 10 upgrade, I could only save files created in a Microsoft program (ie. Money, Word, Excel)....other programs (Open Office, Photoshop) would give me an error message "file name is invalid"...recently read a...
  3. Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations

in Windows 10 News
    Invalid file handle error during delete, rename, copy, etc. operations: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive Invalid file handle error during rename, delete, copy, etc. operations in Windows 10/8/7, here is a simple solution that will fix your problem within moments. This problem occurs when your system tries to carry out an operation [...] This post...
  4. Fix The Handle is Invalid error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix The Handle is Invalid error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are you stuck at the Windows login screen and you see an error message The Handle is invalid you need first to ensure that you are using the correct credentials to log in. If you are sure that they [...] This post Fix The Handle is Invalid error on...
  5. "Invalid Handle" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Invalid Handle" error: I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle...
  6. the handle is invalid HELP!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    the handle is invalid HELP!: Hey guys, So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me. I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message. What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen. Tried...
  7. The handle is invalid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    The handle is invalid: hey guys. I have never set a password for my Computer. And now it asks for a password. I Try once and it says The handle is invalid. I have windows 10 if that's relevant to the problem. I have tried Holding 'SHIFT and clicking restart' but it still doesn't work. Please...
  8. Invalid File Name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid File Name: Hi all, Sorry for my poor english. I have a SDHC 32GB card and I formated it to exFAT, because I need it for a file that is bigger than 4GB. Everything looks and run good, expect 2 files (my own) that I can´t open and read it, the App says "Invalid FIle Name". I can see...
  9. Build 1511 Handle invalid ???? on acessing a share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 1511 Handle invalid ???? on acessing a share: Hi there Windows Networking Grhh !!!!!! Build 1511 trying to access my music library --- Handle invalid --whatever that means. Was working PERFECTLY with rel 10240. Haven't touched the music server which is still working fine to Chromecast / smart TV / Win 7 machine....
  10. the handle is invalid HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    the handle is invalid HELP!: Hey guys, So i just started up my laptop and i tried logging in but it won't let me. I type in my password perfectly, but it keeps giving the handle is invalid message. What is this. So basicly i can't get into my computer. Can't pass the login screen. Tried...