Windows 10: Invalid Page Fault BSOD occurring whilst using Edge broswer

Discus and support Invalid Page Fault BSOD occurring whilst using Edge broswer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, First post here. Hope you can zero in on the BSOD issue affecting me. I use windows 10 on a custom-build skylake-based desktop I built this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jcoozy, Jul 8, 2016.

1. jcoozy Win User

Invalid Page Fault BSOD occurring whilst using Edge broswer

Hi,

First post here. Hope you can zero in on the BSOD issue affecting me. I use windows 10 on a custom-build skylake-based desktop I built this year.

Windows BSOD on me 3 times in a 90 min period this evening. And when looking at dump files, I can see 18 of them since April (I was unaware of crashes since before today).

I was watching YouTube in Edge when it happened this evening. The error was invalid page fault.

This machine is used as a living room games machine and, not being my main machine, spends most of it's time sleeping / hibernating. Only a handful of steam games and a plain vanilla Windows install otherwise (Windows 10 Home edition installed onto fresh HD when the machine was built).

Dump files attached.
    Attachment 89241

:)

jcoozy, Jul 8, 2016

2. X2-01

Opera min and uc broswer failed to download , response is " invalid application update . Help me

DragonJakesmana, Jul 8, 2016
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Error upon Full Reset...

Check your Windows version and build number using Run command "Winver"

FCU- BSOD “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” FAILED IN VOLSNAP.SYS

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-page-fault-in-non...

Upgrading to build 17025 or higher should resolve your issue.

Rohn007, Jul 8, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Overclocking may cause this issue.
    Code: Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz Processor Voltage 8bh - 1.1V External Clock 100MHz Max Speed 3200MHz Current Speed 3300MHz[/quote] Code: Speed 2666MHz Manufacturer Kingston Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number KHX2666C15D4/8G[/quote] We see CPU and RAM is overclocked. Yes, 2666 MHz is OC for your board. Attachment 89245Set all the hardware to their default clocks. See how it goes. Let us know.

5. jcoozy Win User
    Code: Speed 2666MHz Manufacturer Kingston Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number KHX2666C15D4/8G[/quote] We see CPU and RAM is overclocked. Yes, 2666 MHz is OC for your board.Attachment 89245Set all the hardware to their default clocks. See how it goes. Let us know.[/quote]
    Thanks for looking at this Arc. Much appreciated. However, my MB runs the RAM at that speed by default (i.e. timings set to auto / default). The CPU too is set at default in the BIOS (it can boost to 3.6GHz as and when required of it's own accord.

Did the logs give no other indications of errors / anything out of the ordinary?

jcoozy, Jul 9, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    Hello, Jcoozy. @https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...en-forums.html.

In your MIT section of the bios, do you have XMP values for the memory enabled? What is your Dram Voltage set to? Also, do you have any of the Gigabyte Utilities installed, such as cFosSpeed, EasyTune, App Center or other such utilities?

essenbe, Jul 9, 2016
  7. jcoozy Win User
    Hi essenbe,

Thanks for helping! Really helpful community here, am appreciating this. As requested, here are the screenshots:

EDIT: also forgot to add, I do NOT have any of the Gigabyte MB Utilities installed (they wouldn't even start on this system, so I uninstalled them immediately some time ago).

CPU Tab (CPU-Z):
    Attachment 89443

Mainboard Tab (CPU-Z):
    Attachment 89444

Memory Tab (CPU-Z):
    Attachment 89445

SPD Tab - Slot 1 (CPU-Z)
    Attachment 89446

SPD Tab - Slot 3 (CPU-Z)
    Attachment 89447

BIOS - MIT section - Memory:
    Attachment 89448

jcoozy, Jul 9, 2016
  8. essenbe Win User

OK, just please make sure there are no Gigabyte utilities installed. Everything looks good, from what I can tell. It all seems to be at stock. I would like you to do one thing in BIOS, just for a try. In your ram timings, change the CAS Latency (CL) from 15 to 17. and save it. See if that makes a difference. If not, we can change it back later.

Just so you understand what Arc was talking about. Your board runs memory at stock at 2133. Anything over that is overclocked, as far as the board is concerned. Your ram runs at 2666. So, as far as your motherboard is concerned, the ram is overclocked. As far as the ram is concerned, it is running at stock settings. Your CPU is set at stock settings.

essenbe, Jul 9, 2016
  9. essenbe Win User
    Also, please complete your system specs in as much detail as you can.

Please fill out your System Specs

Invalid Page Fault BSOD occurring whilst using Edge broswer [​IMG]
    Information Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

essenbe, Jul 9, 2016
  10. jcoozy Win User
    Hi essenbe,

Thanks for looking over the configuration for me. I understand the logic of the advice to relax the memory timings due to the nature of the error. However, since the crashes occurred, I switched to using Chrome browser and the crashes no longer occurred even with an extended YouTube session.

Because of this, I am going to leave the configuration alone for the time being as it was all auto-configured by the MB.

If the crashes occur again, I will relax the memory timings according to your advice. If no crashes occur over the next week, I will mark the thread as solved - or adjust the timings and post on this thread.

Once again, thank you *Smile

jcoozy, Jul 9, 2016
  11. essenbe Win User
    OK, no problem. See how it works for you. The reason I asked you to relax the timings, you can look at the SPD tab. Those are all of the timings that the ram has been tested to run. Your BIOS has XMP disabled, yet the timings are the XMP values in the SPD tab. If your solution works, I have no problem with that. Just let us know how it goes.

essenbe, Jul 9, 2016
  12. jcoozy Win User
    Hi essenbe,

Thanks for the informative response. You make a good point, so I revisited the MB manual. All BIOS settings are at stock. However I used Gigabyte's utility for searching for and installing any BIOS updates - and it found the latest one which was 3 months newer. It flashed the BIOS successfully (which I set to reset to all defaults during the flashing process.)

However BIOS settings and memory timings remain unchanged. It does seem bizarre that non-XMP settings select them nonetheless. I would have to set the timings to manual and change the CAS latency away from any defaults just to get to JEDEC settings...

Everything functioning normally at the moment. Interestingly the memory modules were initially not detected by the MB at all when the parts were first assembled - until the latest BIOS update at that time was applied. However these exact memory modules were listed as approved by Gigabyte (in a separate addendum to the manual listing modules which became compatible since the manual was first produced).

I suspect that little fact above may not be entirely irrelevant.... we'll see...

Again, thanks for the help and advice. I will close the thread in a week if plain sailing, otherwise I will try manually relaxing the timings.

jcoozy, Jul 10, 2016
  13. essenbe Win User

Thanks for letting me know. Hope it goes well for you.

essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Invalid Page Fault BSOD occurring whilst using Edge broswer - Similar Threads - Invalid Page Fault

2. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  3. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Page Fault: Hi support,I have been getting a regular BSOD Page fault for a month now. I have updated NVIDIA drivers , AMD chipset drivers and removed things that were installed just before the fault started happening. I have done memory checks and error checking with no faults apparent....
  4. BSOD Page Fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The ‘Page Fault in Non-Paged Area’ BSOD: I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 on a new PC. As soon as I install the LAN or connect an ethernet cable and connect to the internet, I get a BSOD with the fault: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA. I have tried pretty much everything to get it up and running...
  6. irql_not_less_or_equal and page fault in non paged area bsod occurred one after the other

irql_not_less_or_equal and page fault in non paged area bsod occurred one after the other: I haven't made any changes with my laptop, just installed a hard disk and a 8 gig RAM 4 months ago, suddenly I got a BSOD of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and after a restart another BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA occurred 2 times. I don't know the exact reason and hence I am...
  7. BSOD - Page fault in non paged area

BSOD - Page fault in non paged area: My BSODs seemed to start when there was a failed Windows 1909 update install. They seem to happen when the PC is cold booted. Attached are the winver and logfile from the V2 log tool. [img] ABSOLUTION-(2020-08-17_16-19-47).zip 162717
  8. BSOD page fault in no pages area

BSOD page fault in no pages area: For a few weeks now I've been getting BSOD mostly while using internet browser (chrome). I've tried all the trouble shooting step including anti virus scans, registry clean ups, dusting out computer vents, changing settings for paging, adjusting chrome settings etc. I have...
  9. COLOR CHANGE - EDGE BROSWER

in Windows 10 Customization
    COLOR CHANGE - EDGE BROSWER: How do I change the is horrible red & pink font color in Microsoft Edge? Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/color-change-edge-broswer/881b36f0-17b4-4215-9272-5e373e2eca37
  10. BSOD while using any broswer.

BSOD while using any broswer.: So, this is new. Chrome, Firefox and Edge all cause a BSOD with the error BAD_POOL_HEADER. No other program cause the computer to crash. I've tried reinstalling Chrome and Firefox and the error persists. What does Event Viewer Say? Where do I start??? Here's a...