Windows 10: Invalid registry

Discus and support Invalid registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened? Thanks for looking [img] 71055 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vidanova, Nov 28, 2016.

1. vidanova Win User

Invalid registry

Hi

Can anyone offer advice as to the message I get when trying to open photo from desktop, only just happened?

Thanks for looking

Invalid registry [​IMG]

:)

vidanova, Nov 28, 2016

2. invalid value for registry

Hi,

Sometimes the issue occurs due to incomplete updates of your Windows version. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is your latest Windows version?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the error message?

You may also check this
    link
    if you are encountering this error message on photo's.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 28, 2016
  3. K.Chapman Win User
    Invalid Value for Registry

I woke up this morning not being able to open my phots from the windows photo app.

I was previously able to simply click on the windows icon, click on the photos box and they came right up.

I am now unable to open them like that and all of my photos continue to say:

invalid value for registry.

How do I fix this?!

K.Chapman, Nov 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Invalid registry

Hi, Not seen anything like that, sorry.

Could you try opening the gif with a different program? (e.g. rt click, Open With). What happens?

Is another image type associated with the same program? If so does that open if you double click the file?

Does the program these are associated with open if you launch it? Which one is it?

Have you made any changes related to image file associations?

dalchina, Nov 28, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Means that something is wrong with that file as it clearly states.

bro67, Nov 28, 2016
  6. vidanova Win User
    Hi
    Have checked with other file associations opens with Adobe, microsoft office, paint but will not open with photos, not double clicking either.

Rich

vidanova, Nov 28, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    I understand the file does not open with the universal Photos app, but does with several desktop programs.

Does Photos open if you launch it from the start menu, and can you view any image files with it?
    I.e. is Photos working?

dalchina, Nov 28, 2016
  8. Invalid registry

Brightblessings, Nov 28, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Thanks, that could be the next step after we've checked Photos is indeed not working.

dalchina, Nov 28, 2016
  10. vidanova Win User
    Hi

Tried rebooting and this seemed to work but still feel something not quite right, so will monitor the situation and get back if sorted or not.

Thanks for all the relevant help so far its always much appreciated.

Rich*Thumbs

vidanova, Nov 28, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    bro67, Nov 29, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Precede the above (from an admin command prompt) with
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Invalid registry

1. Invalid registry - Similar Threads - Invalid registry

2. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10: I see that that the problem of not being able to open image files in Windows 10, with the message "Invalid value for registry", has been covered several times over the years. However mine has an additional twist as follows - On our computer there are two accounts, mine and my...
  3. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10: I see that that the problem of not being able to open image files in Windows 10, with the message "Invalid value for registry", has been covered several times over the years. However mine has an additional twist as follows - On our computer there are two accounts, mine and my...
  4. "Invalid value for registry" in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Invalid value for registry when playing an mp3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry when playing an mp3: I would be grateful for any help on this. I have just tried playing an old mp3 file on my computer & am suddenly getting the error message Invalid value for registry. I then tried lots of other mp3s & am getting the same with all of them. Running Windows 11 pro.Many thanks...
  6. Invalid value for registry when playing an mp3

Invalid value for registry when playing an mp3: I would be grateful for any help on this. I have just tried playing an old mp3 file on my computer & am suddenly getting the error message Invalid value for registry. I then tried lots of other mp3s & am getting the same with all of them. Running Windows 11 pro.Many thanks...
  7. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  8. Invalid Value for Registry

Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  9. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  10. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...