Windows 10: Invalid rendering of ඍ as පෘ in Windows 10 notepad (console font)

Discus and support Invalid rendering of ඍ as පෘ in Windows 10 notepad (console font) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, I am a windows 10 user and I am using sinhala text with Windows 10. I just found out that ඍ character which is properly rendered in browser is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by malindap, Sep 1, 2016.

1. malindap Win User

Invalid rendering of ඍ as පෘ in Windows 10 notepad (console font)

hi, I am a windows 10 user and I am using sinhala text with Windows 10. I just found out that ඍ character which is properly rendered in browser is copied to windows notepad is rendered as පෘ in standard console font. When I use "iskolapotha" sinhala unicode font it properly displays ඍ but in the standard console font it displays as පෘ. This is a problem when we cannot change the console font of certain applications. Do we have a solution to this problem ?

:)

malindap, Sep 1, 2016
  2. N1ck__11 Win User

Notepad default font

I changed my font in notepad and now I am trying to make a .vbs script and when I open it, it says there is invalid characters and i thing it has to do with the fact I changed my font. I cant find anything on what the default font it so I turned to the
    microsoft community. Can someone tell me the default font and size?

N1ck__11, Sep 1, 2016
  3. Unicode .TTF Monospaced Fonts Don't render correctly on most Windows Textbox or Edit Control, Text Editors in Windows 10

Using this file: https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/UTF-8-demo.txt and these Unicode C0 Control Special characters = "". Monospace fonts used : DejaVu Sans Mono FreeMono Inconsolata Everson Mono Source Code Pro Fira Mono TerminalVector---Mostly
    symbols monospaced Problem: If I used any Monospaced Fonts in the Notepad, Wordpad, or most Windows Edit Control (Text box) or Text Editors that use this control, Like MS Visual Studio. The fonts all seem and appear to change but the characters can't be represented
    properly and a square box appears for many characters, the actual font barely changes in form specially for fonts that use symbols instead of characters. I believe the Native windows monospaced family of font like the Consolas and Courier New are being used
    as legacy fall-back fonts inadvertently and not letting the actual fonts in-use function properly. I'm Using Windows 10 Version 10.0.14393 Exception: If I used 3rd party tools that have there own Text Editor component and there dedicated rendering engine for
    text viewing all the fonts work properly in those dedicated separate tools but not for the Windows Edit Control dependant tools and GDI based Text rendering. For Example: Notepad++ or any scintilla based editor works and so does ErgoEmacs, web browsers like
    Chrome, Firefox(an older version) and a Terminal emulation tool called Mintty, along with Putty all render the fonts properly. It also functions properly when a plain unicode font or a non-monospaced font is used. But the problem is specifically with monospace
    fonts. I was able to reproduce the problem on a fresh reinstall of windows. Please let me know If you can help, Thanks

Joel DiOrt, Sep 1, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

HI and welcome.

Notepad is very basic it does not have any text formatting at all. I think a better alternative would be to use Notepad++

swarfega, Sep 1, 2016
  5. malindap Win User
    I tried Notepad++ also problem remains the same. I think it is something to do with Windows 10 because Windows 7 notepad and notepad++ does not have this issue.

malindap, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Invalid rendering of ඍ as පෘ in Windows 10 notepad (console font) - Similar Threads - Invalid rendering ඍ

2. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.: Hi Team,Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recentlyfor around 1 month, we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel onlineExcel Online text showing as symbols instead of...
  3. Notepad font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  4. Notepad font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad font: Windows 11 - Format is not available. I can click on edit, then font, and then create the font I want but nothing changes and there is no option to save. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-font/3df7137e-a06a-4f5e-9531-8510e558e6c7
  5. Font rendering...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font rendering...: Hey all. I spend the day working on my retina MacBook Pro after quite some time away working on Windows. My XPS has a 4k display and the fonts look horrendous. I mean, they are so thin and they truly disappear as they lack definition. I tried something called MacType which...
  6. Window 10 Invalid font

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 Invalid font: I have install a new font after reatart I realise that sytem icon (Night light, Network, Screen snip..) only show squre. How can I fix this? 171283
  7. Issue with Notepad font for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Notepad font for Windows 10: Hello everyone, I recently receive a notepad file and the font is been displayed in a format that I cannot read. Does anyone know how to fix it? I would appreciate your help Thanks [ATTACH]...
  8. Invalid Font - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid Font - Windows 10: Hi all, I have noticed a few other threads regarding this topic but have not found a solution. No matter where the fonts are from and what format they are in; they simply will not install. For individual fonts I receive this error: When installing multiple fonts...
  9. Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows: How to: Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows How to Change Console Window Font and Font Size in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux This tutorial will show you how...
  10. Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sub-standard font rendering in Windows 10?: Hi All, Please forgive me if this subject has been discussed before and direct me to the right thread... I have tried hard to use W10 for my daily desktop OS but many things force me back to W7; one of these is the general font rendering in W10. I have tried this...