Windows 10: "Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10

Discus and support "Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] [img] help I had a virus and was forced to do a system restore to 5/august/2015 and when I tried to open .jpg file and "Invalid value for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Prkissymo, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Prkissymo Win User

"Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10

"Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10 [​IMG]

"Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10 [​IMG]
    help I had a virus and was forced to do a system restore to 5/august/2015 and when I tried to open .jpg file and "Invalid value for registry" happened I tried some fixes in PowerShell and Photos app and Store app weren't invisible anymore but had this exclamination mark

:)

Prkissymo, Aug 5, 2015
  2. TeshAkiye Win User

opening photo's .jpg files

I downloaded Windows 10 last month , but I have a problem opening my .jpg file . When I try to double click the picture files the message "Invalid value for registry" pop's up. Any help please ?

TeshAkiye, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Can't open pictures

When I try to open or view a picture I get the message "invalid value for registry". I am using Windows 10 Home.

LynnTippens, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Change the default application for the file types away from the broken app, remove the app, restart the PC, install the app again and again make it the default.

Anyway, what you should do is a clean and new installation of Windows. What you have now already sounds pretty broken and you don't know, which other symptoms of brokenness you are still to find.

Joergi, Aug 6, 2015
  5. muthuraj Win User
    I'm having the same problem. Is there anyway to fix without re installing windows??

muthuraj, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    As I said: Change the default application for the file types away from the broken app, remove the app, restart the PC, install the app again and again make it the default. However, I just have to repeat that: Keeping a system, of which you know that it has been infected and of which you cannot tell, if it is really clean, is not recommended. Doing a reinstall is the only right solution.

Joergi, Aug 15, 2015
  7. I tried your instructions. It still did not work. Finally, I got my friend who is a DBA of a big company in my area to help fix this problem. He used WiseCleaner (FREE software) to fix my registry. My PC is working GREAT now. I am very happy! *Smile

CyberBoyofUSA, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Invalid value for registry" when opening .jpg on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Invalid value registry

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  4. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  5. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  6. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  7. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  8. "invalid value for the registry"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "invalid value for the registry": After a recent windows update when trying to open pictures i get the error message "invalid value for the registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-the-registry/c37eedff-6615-46b7-9b15-05318c01aece
  9. invalid value for registry when clicking on a jpg file in explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    invalid value for registry when clicking on a jpg file in explorer: need help to resolve so I can see pictures https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry-when-clicking-on-a-jpg/f6611c49-dbde-46e0-9a68-a65704f2acb8
  10. Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 "Invalid Value for Registry"opening JPEG: My Windows 10 won't open JPEGs. I get the error message "Invalid Value for Registry" whenever I attempt to open JPEGs. I have tried virtually every procedure/suggestion to be found with recourse to the google search engine, but thus far I have had no success. Does anyone here...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 1809 JPG Invalid value for registry