Windows 10: Invalid windows store

Discus and support Invalid windows store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All I get when I try and lnstall/update is error 87af0008. I have tried PowerShell to reinstall but I get access Denied. Any help? 97917 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by darrylw99, Nov 12, 2017.

1. darrylw99 Win User

Invalid windows store

All I get when I try and lnstall/update is error 87af0008. I have tried PowerShell to reinstall but I get access Denied.
    Any help?

:)

darrylw99, Nov 12, 2017

2. Windows 10 Store does not open

Also deinstalled and reinstalled Windows Store app, using PowerShell, but still the same problem - Store does not launch and wsreset.exe fails with invalid value for registry. Also, for other user account in computer store works.

IbnCyberis, Nov 12, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Activation after Clean Install from .iso?

Yes you should be OK, if you had an activated version of Windows 10 already, a digital signature for your laptop is stored with Microsoft. Changing the HDD to an SSD should not invalidate that. Therefore Windows should activate with no problems!

Replacing a Motherboard would invalidate your Activation.

I hope this answers your question!

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2017
  4. Invalid windows store

Hi and Welcome!

Interesting code you got. This shows when you open the Windows 10 Store? Was it working previously?

You most likely received the Access Denied prompt for two reasons:

1. You are not running an administrator account.
    2. (The more likely option) You need to run PowerShell with elevated privileges.

To perform #2, right click on the Windows Start Menu and select the last option of the first list labeled Windows PowerShell (Admin). You'll be able to run the reinstall command for the Windows store now.

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 13, 2017
  5. darrylw99 Win User
    I.was running PowerShell with admin privileges.

darrylw99, Nov 13, 2017
  6. darrylw99 Win User
    Now the windows store icon is missing and I still get 'access is denied when I run PowerShell.

darrylw99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Invalid windows store

1. Invalid windows store - Similar Threads - Invalid store

2. why is my windows 11home key invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my windows 11home key invalid: i reset my pc it said it would keep everything but it removed my key so i went into the registry editor and got my backup key i put the key in and i said it was invalid ive looked at many websites and microsoft nothing helped...
  3. why is my windows 11home key invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my windows 11home key invalid: i reset my pc it said it would keep everything but it removed my key so i went into the registry editor and got my backup key i put the key in and i said it was invalid ive looked at many websites and microsoft nothing helped...
  4. Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?: I just renamed and rebooted, so my pc name is completely valid, it may be be because of something else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-invalid-written-under-my-pc-name/0f9b6a12-b323-4364-bbe1-e2894710fcb5
  5. Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?

Why is there "INVALID" written under my pc name?: I just renamed and rebooted, so my pc name is completely valid, it may be be because of something else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-invalid-written-under-my-pc-name/0f9b6a12-b323-4364-bbe1-e2894710fcb5
  6. I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix: I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-the-message-the-appx-packages-manifest-is/96d2b0d7-69ed-4b5b-92c1-53d93eb59cb3
  7. I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix

I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix: I got the message "the Appx packages manifest is invalid" what is this and how do i fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-the-message-the-appx-packages-manifest-is/96d2b0d7-69ed-4b5b-92c1-53d93eb59cb3
  8. Invalid PIN in microsoft store.

Invalid PIN in microsoft store.: My Windows Hello PIN comes up as Invalid every time I try and sign in to the Microsoft store/Xbox app. I've reset the PIN many times and tried everything I've seen suggested online for similar issues, but nothing seems to work. The account signed in to windows 10 is not mine,...
  9. attempting to buy a product from the microsoft store keeps leading me to invalid postal/zip...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attempting to buy a product from the microsoft store keeps leading me to invalid postal/zip...: hello, I'm trying to buy Minecraft Windows 10 edition with my debit card, and it keeps telling me my postal/zip is invalid. I've tried everything people have told me and it doesn't seem to work. All help would be appreciated....
  10. Sold an Invalid Microsoft Win10N key from the Microsoft Store in Switzerland!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sold an Invalid Microsoft Win10N key from the Microsoft Store in Switzerland!: I bought Win10N from the Microsoft Store in Switzerland. I tried validating, but always receive the invalid key error. I called Microsoft Help in Switzerland, but they suggested I pay for a new license. When I ask if they could explain why I should buy a new one when I...