Windows 10: Invasive Game Overlay

Discus and support Invasive Game Overlay in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by davefaz, Aug 6, 2016.

1. davefaz Win User

Invasive Game Overlay

With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind of thing extremely annoying, I didn't ask for this and don't want this overlay running on my PC. From what I can see, however, there is no way to disable it?

:)

davefaz, Aug 6, 2016
  2. abbiejc Win User

Unwanted photos!

I sent the screenshots, was it helpful to you regarding my invasion of photos/game stuff? Thank you, it's a nightmare.

abbiejc, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 photo viewer slow to open

This was the problem the entire time for me. Turning off the In-Game Overlay made Windows Photo Viewer go from 10+ seconds per photo to instantly working. I was unable to pull up the NVIDIA Control Panel from within Windows 10 Control Panel at first, so
    I installed the latest version of the NVIDIA driver (including the GeForce Experience feature) and the option to turn off the In-Game Overlay was located under the General tab within GeForce Experience.

TheSilentJJ, Aug 6, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Invasive Game Overlay

You could try this.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2016
  5. davefaz Win User
    I have done that, but since the anniversary patch the overlay is still there.

davefaz, Aug 6, 2016
  6. davefaz Win User
    OK in the end I seem to have found a registry key that switches it off. I have no idea how it enabled itself. It's possible that the key has been there since the early days, but some change in the anniversary enabled it even though the xbox app has been removed.

davefaz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Invasive Game Overlay

1. Invasive Game Overlay - Similar Threads - Invasive Game Overlay

2. "INVASION" update:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "INVASION" update:: So, just to update my last post- An hour ago, Windows/Microsoft WENT INTO MY COMPUTER, Shut down the date I entered to have my updates done, which was Feb. 14, 2024, which I have documented, and FORCE FED their GD update into MY COMPUTER- DESTROYING my recording session, and...
  3. "INVASION" update:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "INVASION" update:: So, just to update my last post- An hour ago, Windows/Microsoft WENT INTO MY COMPUTER, Shut down the date I entered to have my updates done, which was Feb. 14, 2024, which I have documented, and FORCE FED their GD update into MY COMPUTER- DESTROYING my recording session, and...
  4. "INVASION" update:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. INVASION: Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INVASION: Microsoft: I've posted on this before. And I will again, until this criminality from Microsoft, STOPS. This is, once again, about Microsoft FORCE-CRASHING my system, in order to FORCE UPDATES, LOCATION TRACKING, and other INVASIVE actions, WHILE I HAVE "WINDOWS UPDATE" SUSPENDED- so it...
  6. Issue with ms-gaming overlay

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issue with ms-gaming overlay: Hi, I have an issue. Sometimes when I launch a game this happens with the three most recent games I am playing, a mount and blade, launched via steam + mount and blade launcher, b star citizien - that uses RSI launcher-, c fortnite launched via epic store. The issue...
  7. Game bar overlay only in games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar overlay only in games?: I really like the game bar overlay and want to use it instead of the NVIDIA one but I want it only in games. Is there any way to do that? submitted by /u/TheCatCubed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzg7bs/game_bar_overlay_only_in_games/
  8. XBox Gaming Overlay Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Gaming Overlay Error: I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name? [img] 145177
  9. XBox Gaming Overlay Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Gaming Overlay Error: I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name? [img] 145177
  10. invasive MS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    invasive MS: When I open my Windows laptop Bing shows up. I never use Bing. I did when it first came out & it just didn't compete with Google. I don't want to use Bing & I want MS to stop pushing MS on me. I've used Mac Books & I am tempted to buy one just to be able to use the features I...