Windows 10: Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

Discus and support Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AnniBanani, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

I had some invisible icons on my taskbar (not all of them, seems to be only windows apps) and I tried an online fix which suggested deleting the icon cache. However, this didn't work and now I have no thumbnails for any of my files so I can't tell what anything is. Very frustrating so would appreciate any help.

:)

AnniBanani, Nov 21, 2017

2. Missing/invisible icons & thumbnails after running CCleaner

I've been using CCleaner for years but this is the first time it ever happens. After running the cleaning software and rebooting, I found out that most of my thumbnails were now corrupt and so were 3 windows app icons on the taskbar. The taskbar icons are
    invisible for Netflix, Mail, & Sticky Notes.

I've tried multiple times in various ways to reset the icon and thumbnail cache with no success. I think the problem relies deeper than just resetting the cache. Hopefully someone here knows the answer!

Thanks!

EricLeveille, Nov 21, 2017
  3. Revertible, Nov 21, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

5. Tried this already with no luck :/

AnniBanani, Nov 21, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    What happens when you try option 2 in the tutorial?

7. Everything goes as it should but still nothing

AnniBanani, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails.

1. Invisible windows app icons and lost thumbnails. - Similar Threads - Invisible app icons

2. Invisible Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible Icons: Hello community,I was trying to figure out how to hide the Tray icons and, apparently, the solution involved Iconcache. Well, every icon has disappeared except for the icons on taskbar lol.As you can see in the image, icons are not invisible per se, but they are just gone...
  3. Invisible Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible Icons: Hello community,I was trying to figure out how to hide the Tray icons and, apparently, the solution involved Iconcache. Well, every icon has disappeared except for the icons on taskbar lol.As you can see in the image, icons are not invisible per se, but they are just gone...
  4. Thumbnails and app icons

Thumbnails and app icons: Hi there,So what is happening is the pictures are not showing in the thumbnail. To all my photos, the icon is blank sheet of paper folded at top right corner. Even the icon for photos application is the same. However, the picture shows up at thumbnails once they are opened....
  5. Invisible icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invisible icon?: [ATTACH] When I enter to my account appear that space where I show with a red arrow, how can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invisible-icon/a0fb892d-9daa-4327-b493-68ded445d8b9
  6. Invisible icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible icons: I recently downloaded some apps and my drive storage got low and the microsoft edge icon disspeared until i deleted the apps. But one was pinned to the task bar and it made an invisible icon! Im confused and they are really annoying, i tried pinning and unpinning, i tried to...
  7. Camera app icon invisible

Camera app icon invisible: I updated the Camera app to version 2020.127.20.0 today on my laptop and now its icon/shortcut on the taskbar is there, but invisible. [img] It's OK on the Start menu. [img] Any ideas on how to fix that? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815 155298
  8. Camera app icon invisible

in Windows 10 Support
    Camera app icon invisible: I updated the Camera app to version 2020.127.20.0 today on my laptop and now its icon/shortcut on the taskbar is there, but invisible. [img] It's OK on the Start menu. [img] Any ideas on how to fix that? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815 155298
  9. Icons invisible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons invisible: My icons are broken, I tried to open up a properties tab to reset the icon but it didn't open, I was following a good on how to remove blue shields on icons, i followed all of the second answer and when i restarted all of this happened, can anyone help? Images Listed...
  10. invisible icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    invisible icons: Some icons on my taskbar are invisible. I've deleted the icon*.db files to no avail. What do I do next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invisible-icons/2e8adce2-9199-4799-b451-9805823fb2ca