Windows 10: Ηow to restore the capacity of a hard disk after image recovery

Discus and support Ηow to restore the capacity of a hard disk after image recovery in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Let me explain my problem. I have 3 HDD's (2 internals (1 SSD 120 GB and 1 HDD-Sata 200 GB) and 1 external USB HDD (2 TB)). I have installed Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ThanosDJ, Aug 4, 2015.

1. ThanosDJ Win User

Ηow to restore the capacity of a hard disk after image recovery

Let me explain my problem. I have 3 HDD's (2 internals (1 SSD 120 GB and 1 HDD-Sata 200 GB) and 1 external USB HDD (2 TB)). I have installed Windows 10 Pro x64 final οn the SSD 120 GB without problems and i have installed the extra programs that i use, also without problems. Then i decided to make an image backup to the external USB HDD. The image created succesfully. After that, i have removed the SSD 120 GB, installed the HDD-Sata 200 GB and tried to check to the HDD-Sata 200 GB if the Windows image recovery works. I used the Windows installation DVD and the external USB HDD to do the recovery. The image recovered normally and the HDD works like as if i was using the SSD 120 GB. So my problem now is with the capacity of the HDD-Sata 200 GB which is shown as 120 GB. So does anybody knows a way to restore the capacity of that HDD again back to 200 GB? I don't want to format the disk now, just continue to use it as a backup disk just in case of failure of my SSD one. I know that i cannot use the HDD Capacity Restore Tool, because it is working only with 32-bit systems (which i currently don't have one right now) and even if i use it i don't know if it will restore my disk to full capacity but in a state that requires format from the begin (something that i am trying to avoid). So in general, my question is how to restore the capacity of a hard disk after image recovery (when you backup to a new hard disk with capacity bigger than the capacity of the disk that i want to backup).

Thanks in advance.

:)

ThanosDJ, Aug 4, 2015

2. User account corruption following linking to an active live.com email account

1) Avast was installed on March 22 2016

2) Everytime I reset the system due to hard disk replacement (6 times total, performance and capacity upgrades) I had to use the Hard Drive Recovery (Structures the hard drive to the factory layout (C is 60GB, 12GB is hidden, 100MB is set system recovery,
    everything else (~970GB+) is D) option from the restore DVD prior to using the system restore option

3) Never used the 12GB hidden partition that came with my laptop when I bought it, too much bloatware preinstalled

4) yes see response #2, recovery dvd image preformats the hard disk prior to loading the factory image

5) yes, backup to a 3TB external

6) Don't recall, probably after the last hard disk change

7) Yes, Norton 360 and Internet Security (Online data backup included (never used))

Matt Summers, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 system image recovery can't find system image

I am trying to restore my laptop using a system image that I made on my external hard disk but system image recovery can't find system image. The same system image could be found when i restored my windows earlier on but after resetting windows 10 using
    the options in the settings, system image recovery couldn't find the system image stored in my hard disk. When I boot into windows and attach my hard disk to my laptop, the files were all there. What should I do to make system image recovery find my system
    image?

Lim Chung Siang, Aug 4, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

If open Disk Management (search for Disk Management) and look at the 200 GB HDD, is there anything called "Unallocated Space"? If so, just install and open EaseUS Partition Master Free on the SSD, resize the 120 GB partition on the 200 GB HDD (partitions are basically walls dividing up space on r HDD) to the whole size, apply, then restart if necessary.

5. YOU
    You Win User
  6. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Aug 4, 2015
  7. NUS
    Nus Win User
    You don't need to install extra software, you can do it simply from within Windows.

Start->All apps->Windows Administrative Tools->Computer Management

Then

Storage->Disk Management

Right click on your 120GB partition and choose extend volume...

8. ThanosDJ Win User

Will check everything a bit later and i will inform.

ThanosDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  9. ThanosDJ Win User
    After checking all of the above options, the only thing that worked was the solution provided by You suggesting to download and install the EaseUS Partition Master Free program. Kudos to You and to this program. Really helped me.

ThanosDJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ηow to restore the capacity of a hard disk after image recovery - Similar Threads - Ηow restore capacity

2. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  3. recovery or restore hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery or restore hard drive: Hi , think I might have deleted my hard drive by accident on my hp stream laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-or-restore-hard-drive/a172898e-be14-4b5e-882d-ba2cdcdb4880
  4. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard disk capacity shows wrong size: Hi,I've a problem with updating Windows 10 Pro, since it claims that my HDD is full, but actually it is not.Basically different built-in HDD tools show different information please see below.The storage manager itself shows contradicting information, it is file sizes seem to...
  5. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk capacity shows wrong size: Hi,I've a problem with updating Windows 10 Pro, since it claims that my HDD is full, but actually it is not.Basically different built-in HDD tools show different information please see below.The storage manager itself shows contradicting information, it is file sizes seem to...
  6. hard disk capacity shows wrong size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Hard disk is used to 100% capacity?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard disk is used to 100% capacity?: What can I do about it? I have googled the running processes before, but actually the system is relevant. This is the system, and a few for windows update. And sometimes chrome when I call it up. I did a virus scan. I've quarantined two things, but I don't think...
  8. System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk...."

System Recovery "The system image is on a hard disk....": Hi, I have a laptop with a SSD. I made two logical partition C and D on a SSD, so I installed Win 10 on the C logical disk and made a backup image on the D logical disk. In win 7, I can restore my back-up image on another logical disk, but I tried to recover in Win 10. I...
  9. Restore with disk image

Restore with disk image: How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737
  10. Image restore to different hard disk doesn't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Image restore to different hard disk doesn't boot.: I've been swapping out Windows 10 and Windows 7 on my desktop using Macrium Reflect (free version) image backups and restores to the same disk for more than a year without any problem. However, today I restored the last saved Windows 10 backup image to a newly acquired disk...