Windows 10: IP Address is blacklisted..Huh !

Discus and support IP Address is blacklisted..Huh ! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife clicked on a website which she occassionally uses about fashion....but a page appeared stating .... 'Access Denied..your IP address is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by treblefree, Jan 17, 2017.

1. IP Address is blacklisted..Huh !

My wife clicked on a website which she occassionally uses about fashion....but a page appeared stating ....

'Access Denied..your IP address is blacklisted.If this is an error contact your hosting provider'

I have never come across this situation before...in fact the IP Address shown in message is not even my routers !...as i
    have checked using Ipconfig via command prompt...could this message be referring to the actual website where they could be having technical problems ?

I have no other problems with internet at all other than strange issue

:)

treblefree, Jan 17, 2017

2. eMail not delivered because DNS server was Blacklisted?

You should check if your ip address is registered in DNS blacklists with this tool
    IP Blacklist Check and Monitor | adminkit.net

If your ip address found blacklisted then click on "Remove ip from blacklist" and follow the instructions

AhmedSalahZA, Jan 17, 2017
  3. blacklisted

Hi kathleenwigington,

Thank you for posting on the Forum.

If your IP address has been blacklisted and you want to investigate, you will need to visit the blacklist's website, where you should see general listing reasons. If you find out why you were blacklisted, you can try to get it reversed. You may want to get
    in touch with the Network Provider for assistance.

Kind regards,

Viktorija L., Jan 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

IP Address is blacklisted..Huh !

@treblefree, Ipconfig shows you the IP address assigned to you by your router, normally one starting 192.168.... These are private IP addresses for use on you internal network and are not used on the internet. Your router has an internal IP address (often 192.168.1.254) and also a public-facing IP address, assigned to it by your ISP. It is this address that is seen by the websites you visit and will be the one this site has blocked. The easiest way to find out yours is to Google 'what's my ip address'.

Who is your ISP? If it is BT then you will get a new public IP address if you reboot your BThub. The same applies to many ISPs, but not (apparently) Virgin, who assign you a fixed IP address.

5. Thank you for reply.

Looked my IP address on Google...begins with 80.etc and my routers begins with 192.168...

hang on the site is woking now...must obviously been a technical problem the site had.

By the way i am a Virgin broadband user

treblefree, Jan 17, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    It has nothing to do with your LAN, it is the Public IP's that are in a certain group that are being blacklisted by that server the website is on or blacklisted at the router when it hits the data center. A physical Server can have multiple websites running on it in Virtual Machines. Could be any of those websites that has blacklisted that group or all Public IP's for your provider.

Send a request to your ISP and they will investigate why that group of IP's is being blacklisted by the location where the website your wife is trying to go to is located at.

bro67, Jan 18, 2017
  7. Samuria Win User
    Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IP Address is blacklisted..Huh !

1. IP Address is blacklisted..Huh ! - Similar Threads - Address blacklisted Huh

2. No IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No IP address: I no longer have an IP address on my computer. I have tried all the fixes I can find online and nothing is working. I have normally been using WiFi but I did connect to Ethernet and nothing is working....
  3. "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...: MS Outlook appears to be generating this error, however, there is no remedy mentioned. Comcast tech support has been contacted at least 3 times and have not been helpful. We have moved from a location that has Comcast service to an area where they dont service. We are...
  4. "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted" appears in...: MS Outlook appears to be generating this error, however, there is no remedy mentioned. Comcast tech support has been contacted at least 3 times and have not been helpful. We have moved from a location that has Comcast service to an area where they dont service. We are...
  5. IP Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP Address: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  6. IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IMAP server wants to let you know your IP address is temporarily blacklisted: This was corrected last week by a microsoft support person and I shut down my computer and now when I log back in I am getting the same error message. Can you tell me how to fix this?...
  7. ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ip address: how do I find the ip address on my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/21cb2d30-43e4-430e-ac0a-63de4707dfb8
  8. IP Address.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  9. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  10. IP Address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2