Windows 10: IP Configuration Conflicts

Discus and support IP Configuration Conflicts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife's Desktop computer often looses network access due to IP configuration conflicts. The PC is a vintage 2010 HP running Windows 10 Pro (formerly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim and Barb, Sep 3, 2018.

1. IP Configuration Conflicts

My wife's Desktop computer often looses network access due to IP configuration conflicts. The PC is a vintage 2010 HP running Windows 10 Pro (formerly running Windows 7 Pro). It's connected to the modem and wifi router via Ethernet as this machine does not have wifi and is not expandable. The network adaptor has both IPv4 and IPv6 enabled and both have settings that obtains IP and DNS settings automatically.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro laptop connected to our network via wifi.

We both power down our machines at night.

I typically log onto the network first thing in the morning, my wife logs on later in the day.

There are no connectivity issues in this scenario, BUT if I log off or put my laptop to sleep, its often at this point where my wife's desktop will loose connectivity.

The typical resolution is to restart the wireless router.

Is there a way to permanently resolve this issue ?

Should I disable IPv6 on her machine ?

Is it time to consider a new desktop computer considering its age ?

While I know the network adaptor is obsolete (no gigabit speeds) and no USB-3's; the machine is plenty fast ( i5 chip, 2.67 ghz, 10gb memory), I fear I may be pushing the life of the hard drive even though I'm only using 30% of its capacity.

:)

Jim and Barb, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Akumos Win User

IP Conflict

Is this solved yet? If DHCP is dishing out the same IP address to 2 machines, just black list the IP.

Akumos, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Error -Windows IP address conflict

I happen to get this error at midnight!! Conflict!! Windows IP "There is an IP address conflict with another system on the network." Please suggest a resolution.

TasneemMukadam, Sep 3, 2018
  4. IP Configuration Conflicts

No valid ip configuration

Hi,

Let us try the methods below and observe:

First Method: Reset both TCP/IP stack and winsock.

Sometimes winsock or the TCP/IP stack gets corrupted. To reset TCP/IP stack and winsock, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands one at a a time and hit Enter after each command:
    netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Second Method: Release and renew IP address.

To release and renew IP address, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter
    • Type Exit and hit Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

IP Configuration Conflicts

1. IP Configuration Conflicts - Similar Threads - Configuration Conflicts

2. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration: My PC was working fine the previous night but was suddenly showing this error when i boot it up. At first it was both the WIFI and LAN cable but after restarting the WIFI works fine. The LAN side is still showing problemsI have restarted the router, typed the CMD commands but...
  3. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration: My PC was working fine the previous night but was suddenly showing this error when i boot it up. At first it was both the WIFI and LAN cable but after restarting the WIFI works fine. The LAN side is still showing problemsI have restarted the router, typed the CMD commands but...
  4. My Ethernet shows it doesnt have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  6. Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...

Why pre installed Windows Pro laptop is costlier than cost of same configuration DOS laptop...: Hi,Recently I was checking the cost of laptop over internet and observed that the cost of preinstalled Windows 11 Pro comes higher that the quote for a supplier who was selling the same make and model configuration DOS laptop and OEM license separately....
  7. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  8. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network: users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network. We don't use IPv6, users can connect to our network via a VPN but with that network connection, if IPv6 is enabled they cannot see or access any network resources. Once it's disabled they...
  9. users cannot access network resources with IPv6 enabled on an IPv4 configured network

10. IP address conflict manual configuration

IP address conflict manual configuration: Hi, We have about 100 players used for signage, with Windows 10 iot, where the IP V4 is configured manually on the computer. As we reboot the computers daily, and very often we get IP address conflict, and the machine is not accessible online anymore! If we restart the...