Windows 10: IP configuration problem

Discus and support IP configuration problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo 110 Ideapad that uses windows 10. Occasionally my computer looses the Wi-Fi connection. Running troubleshooting function showed "no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mlan12, Sep 22, 2017.

1. mlan12 Win User

IP configuration problem

I have a Lenovo 110 Ideapad that uses windows 10. Occasionally my computer looses the Wi-Fi connection. Running troubleshooting function showed "no valid IP configuration". Eventually the connection is restored. Lenovo tech services said it is the router related. IP provided said router is working. When the computer disconnects other devices are connected to the Wi-Fi. Is there a OS update/modification that will correct this problem?

:)

mlan12, Sep 22, 2017

2. IP configuration

Reset didn't work either. I tried a different ISP, can't onnect with it either. My original BasicISP.net support says in some cases it's been impossible to connect to dialup with PC with Windows 10 OS- sounds implausible but ?? anyone have any other suggestions?
    Jack

jackWalter T, Sep 22, 2017
  3. IP configuration

The Windows 10 version is 1511 (OS Build 10586.104). Also, although Windows says modem is working correctly, under details it says it "requires further installation" whatever that means. Jack

jackWalter T, Sep 22, 2017
  4. IP configuration problem

Hi mlan12. Welcome to the TenForums @mlan12

Did this problem just start recently? If you could check your windows update history have any network drivers been delivered to your system? The latest and greatest is not always the best. If this is a new issue you might want to go to the Lenovo site and get their driver for wireless. If this works, network stabilizes, then we need to tell Windows to lay off the driver updates.

Wireless signal strength in reality isn't very strong. When you say other devices remain connected are they located the same distance from the router and are they located in same room.

2.4 Ghz bands give you better distance from the router, 5 Ghz better speed. Is your router in the open, not side by side with other "noise" generating devices? (Cordless phone bases, transformers, etc)

A couple of quick things you could try, open device manager, open adapter and click on Properties. There should be a power mgmt tab. Remove check mark from the option "allow this computer to shutdown this device to save power".

Then in advance power mgmt options find wireless and set both battery and plugged in to maximum power.

If that doesn't work you want to perform this step where you normally locate your laptop. It will show you what other networks you are seeing, what channel you and they are using and the overall signal strength.

At a command prompt(admin)
    Netsh wlan show all
    (produces report on wireless. Once output is produced, click in command window, then Crtl + A, then open Notepadand Crtl + C to paste. Save and close text file. Post text file.) Before posting txt file you can place some x's in your ip address.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

Depending on what the report tells you a simple channel change may improve the situation.

Don't try everything at once, you want to determine root cause. Post back results, lots of members can respond.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 22, 2017
  5. mlan12 Win User
    Thank you very much for your help. Regarding if this is a recent problem, I purchased this computer about twelve days ago. The computer took a few minutes to locate the Wi-Fi when it was first set up. The connection was fine for about ten days then the problem showed up. The computer I am using now is a exchange for the first computer I purchased. The first computer would not connect to the Wi-Fi at all. Lenovo tech support said it was a board problem and to return the computer. I will check on the driver question right away. The question regarding other devices, some are used at the same location as the computer, or a greater distance. The router is pretty much isolated in a bedroom where there are no other electrical devices. The only other device is a telephone modem. I will print your response and go through each item and let you know what I find. Thank you again for your help.

mlan12, Sep 22, 2017
  6. Great. If your fighting a board / adapter issue keep at Lenovo. They should be replacing or agreeing to replace when they finally get a fix. Check their web site for others with same issue and even recall notices. My wife had a board issue and HP agreed to replace whole unit with an upgraded computer as the one she had was no longer in production.

If it worked for 10 days and then started being cranky be sure to look for driver update in history. You can also tell by comparing Lenovo website with installed versions.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IP configuration problem

1. IP configuration problem - Similar Threads - configuration problem

2. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  3. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd drive configuration problems: I installed KMPlayer to help me rip some of my PAL dvds. It resulted in being unable to play audio CDs and NTSC video DVDs. File Explorer selecting CD in drive went straight to VOBs etc.. With DVD in drive went to AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Expanding VIDEO_TS displayed VIDEO_TS...
  4. dvd drive configuration problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem": "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for...
  6. "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

"windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem": "windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your hardware reference manuals for...
  7. Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems: Hello!I have a very unique issue where I need to prevent a user from accessing a file path by any method other than going through a directory in Windows 11 Home eddition. For example, if I had the directory D:/Folder1/Folder2, I'd want the user to first need to navigate to...
  8. Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems

Advanced Explorer Configuration Problems: Hello!I have a very unique issue where I need to prevent a user from accessing a file path by any method other than going through a directory in Windows 11 Home eddition. For example, if I had the directory D:/Folder1/Folder2, I'd want the user to first need to navigate to...
  9. "Application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect." Problem...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect." Problem...: I run Windows 10 updated and most of my apps will not work with error message "application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect." I have tried everything and discovered that my Visual C++ redistributable "may have been uninstalled" when I check. I...
  10. "Application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect." Problem...

"Application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect." Problem...: I run Windows 10 updated and most of my apps will not work with error message "application has failed to start side-by-side configuration is incorrect." I have tried everything and discovered that my Visual C++ redistributable "may have been uninstalled" when I check. I...