Windows 10: iphone 6 DCIM folder shows empty when connected to my pc

Discus and support iphone 6 DCIM folder shows empty when connected to my pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently developed a problem when I connect it to my iphone 6 to download pics to my pc When I click on the iphone icon the DCIM folder appears, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by provlima, Nov 4, 2016.

1. provlima Win User

iphone 6 DCIM folder shows empty when connected to my pc

Recently developed a problem when I connect it to my iphone 6 to download pics to my pc
    When I click on the iphone icon the DCIM folder appears, but when I click on it a response appears "this file is empty"

The DCIM folder does contain numerous photo files, and the iphone is unlocked.....Any ideas what may be causing this problem?

:)

provlima, Nov 4, 2016
  2. JulieLisa Win User

Not transferring all pictures from iphone to PC

I am trying to transfer pictures from my iphone to PC, I have 432 pictures on iphone when I select my iphone file on PC it only shows 1 picture in folder 100 and 3 pictures in folder 101 both of these folders are in the DCIM folder. Can't seem to view
    all of them. Any similar experience or cures?

JulieLisa, Nov 4, 2016
  3. BuzzLS Win User
    Cannot link Iphone

There was no error message - it was just showing the iPhone drive as empty. It finally started working - I connected it today (via the cord), and after the iPhone prompted me to trust the computer, it finally recognized the DCIM folder in the iPhone
    drive (but no documents). The only new thing is the latest update of Windows 10, which must have fixed it. However, there is still no connection via Bluetooth other than the computer picking up where I have searched on Edge. I already had Onedrive installed
    on the iPhone with my account, so that solution doesn't work.

BuzzLS, Nov 4, 2016
  4. x509 Win User

I have the exact same problem. Anyone?

Thema:

1. iphone 6 DCIM folder shows empty when connected to my pc - Similar Threads - iphone DCIM folder

2. how to delete empty DCIM subfolders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete empty DCIM subfolders: How to delete empty DCIM subfolders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-empty-dcim-subfolders/e3086f89-b89f-451e-9ea0-e9832476605c
  3. how to delete empty DCIM subfolders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete empty DCIM subfolders: How to delete empty DCIM subfolders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-empty-dcim-subfolders/e3086f89-b89f-451e-9ea0-e9832476605c
  4. showing "this folder is empty" when its not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing "this folder is empty" when its not: since i updated my pc from windows 7 to 10 i have had some problems with the local disk Dfor example it shows that the folder is empty but when i search something it shows so its not empty how can i fix it?...
  5. Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.: There is no reason any user of Windows 11 should have to search for a solution to this issue only to be given dozens of "opinions" on tasks we have to perform to see if we can solve the problem. This is simple - plug cable to iPhone at latest IOS release and the other end to...
  6. Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.

Why doesn't Microsoft fix the "This folder is empty." when connecting an iPhone.: There is no reason any user of Windows 11 should have to search for a solution to this issue only to be given dozens of "opinions" on tasks we have to perform to see if we can solve the problem. This is simple - plug cable to iPhone at latest IOS release and the other end to...
  7. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  8. Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11

Cant Copy and Paste large iphone DCIM photo folders WIN11: I can't copy and paste large iPhone DCIM photo folders to my external drive. If it is of small memory capacity, it seems to copy fine. Exceed somewhere about 60MB, either as the folder total, or copying multiple files that accumulate memory somewhere over 60MB is fails. I...
  9. DCIM folder of ipad not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DCIM folder of ipad not showing: When I try to import my photos from ipad to windows it says there's no folder. Ipad is up to date, itunes is the newest, drivers are good, trusted the computer. What else submitted by /u/teemhm [link] [comments]...
  10. Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'(

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cutting and pasting DCIM file from android phone made my photos transform to empty folders :'(: Why windows doing this? Why doesn't it just paste the thing as it is ??? Why transform it to empty folders ??????? PHOTOS ARE NOT EMPTY FOLDERS !!! WHY THIS GAVE ME EMPTY FOLDERS !! I JUST DID CUT AND PASTE AS I ALWAYS DO but why this time transform the whole 4GB of photos to...