Windows 10: iphone doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER on wife's system but does on min

Discus and support iphone doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER on wife's system but does on min in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both Systems are Win 10 Pro 64, all updates installed. We each have an iPhone running the latest version of iOS 11. Both systems have photos that are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x509, Mar 16, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

iphone doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER on wife's system but does on min

Both Systems are Win 10 Pro 64, all updates installed. We each have an iPhone running the latest version of iOS 11. Both systems have photos that are visible in the Camera app.

But. On my system the iPhone shows up as a storage device along with my drives. That way, I can copy or move photos from the phone to import them to Lightroom. But. On my wife's system, the phone does not show as a storage device along with the drives.

I uninstalled and then re-installed iTunes (major pain, by the way) on my wife' system according to If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. No joy. *Mad I can't find a folder that has the drive usbaapl64, and in any case, when I did a Driver Update on the Apple Mobile USB (in Device Manager, under USB), the message back was that I had the latest driver. *Confused

So what to do now?

:)

2. EMOJI om Lumia 640 with Windows 10. SMS shows just a square for EMOJIS received.

Hi.

When I send SMS with emojis to my wife (iPhone) some signs shows up at her display. And so does it when I send from my other phone a Blackberry.

But opposite, when Blackberry and iPhone send me (Lumia 640 W10) an SMS with emoji, both simple and advanced signs just shows squares. What is wrong?

Jon-Atle Sagabraaten, Mar 16, 2018
  3. auggy Win User
    USB Mass Storage Driver ver 10.0.15063.0 in Windows 10 Creator Edition

The issue may be with Kaspersky.

On your wife's computer where the camera works how does it show up in the Device Manager?

Does is show up as a "Disk drive"?

Is Kaspersky installed on your wife's computer?

auggy, Mar 16, 2018
  4. Bastet Win User

Hopefully this will help.

Right-click the Apple Mobile Device entry in Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers and choose*Update Driver Software.**
    • Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
    • Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."
    • Click the*Have Disk*button.*Note:*If the Have Disk option is not present, choose a device category such as Mobile Phone or Storage Device if listed, and then click next. The Have Disk button should then appear.
    • Click the*Browse*button and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
    • Double-click the "usbaapl" file. (This file will be called "usbaapl64" if you have a 64-bit version of Windows. If you don't see "usbaapl64" here, or if there is no Drivers folder, look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers. instead).
    • Click*Open*in the Have Disk window. Then, click*Next*and then Click*Finish. Windows will install the driver.

Bastet, Mar 16, 2018
  5. x509 Win User
    Wife's system already has the apple driver installed. So the phone is recognized properly in iTunes. But Windows File Explorer doesn't see the phone. *really if I go to Control Panel, and open up Device Manager, and set View to show Hidden Devices, then the phone shows up under Portable Devices. But even when the damn phone IS plugged in (and recognized by iTunes), Windows says that the phone is not connected, Error 45. *Banghead

This is just one reason why I hate, hate, hate iTunes.

x509, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. iphone doesn't show up in MY COMPUTER on wife's system but does on min - Similar Threads - iphone doesn't show

2. iPhone 4 did show up on computer and then didnt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone 4 did show up on computer and then didnt.: I plugged my iphone4 in to my laptop via USB and at first it did show up and I could see my pictures but they would not transfer on to my computer so I tried to unplug it and try again. Since then it will not show up under 'My PC' so I can not view the pictures. It shows up...
  3. iPhone 4 did show up on computer and then didnt.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPhone 4 did show up on computer and then didnt.: I plugged my iphone4 in to my laptop via USB and at first it did show up and I could see my pictures but they would not transfer on to my computer so I tried to unplug it and try again. Since then it will not show up under 'My PC' so I can not view the pictures. It shows up...
  4. Why does my custom keyboard layout doesn't show up ?

Why does my custom keyboard layout doesn't show up ?: Hi everyone, I created a custom keyboard layout with Microsoft Keyboard Layout to add these two characters, œ and Œ, to the layout, as my US international keyboard doesn't have these two. Everything went fine until I finished installing the layout. It doesn't show up. I...
  5. Wifes account not showing up on my latop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Wifes account not showing up on my latop: I have windows 10 Version 10.0.21301 Build 21301 and according to the "Family & other users" setting in the control panel my wife's account with her microsoft credentials has already been added to my laptop but I don't see her listed as an option when logging in or any icon...
  6. Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders?

Why does my wife's OneDrive show my OneDrive folders?: We both have Microsoft personal accounts and "work or school" accounts. OneDrive is under my personal account, where we have our Office subscription for the Office suite of programs. That is supposed to include, if I understand correctly rarely a valid assumption with...
  7. Wife logs into computer at home: wallpaper from computer at work shows up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wife logs into computer at home: wallpaper from computer at work shows up.: So, recently, my wife says she logged into the computer at our office (we have a small company), and when she logged in she was asked to do...something (description is not clear) and that was that. When she came home and logged in to her desktop, the background wallpaper for...
  8. My iPhone hotspot wont show up in the networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My iPhone hotspot wont show up in the networks: it's starting to make me mad how my iPhone hotspot will show up on my ps4 but won't show up on my PC. Help mee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-iphone-hotspot-wont-show-up-in-the-networks/b1ac7a51-56a4-4818-8f8e-67f5b2ec78a6
  9. My computer does not show up in the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer does not show up in the network: In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but not as a computer, and it doesn't show up as a computer on my other computers, either. Sometimes it will show up as an...
  10. Why does my wife's Win 10 system "spontaneously" wake up?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my wife's Win 10 system "spontaneously" wake up?: I did a clean install upgrade on my wife's system about two months ago. Since then it "spontaneously" starts up after it has been sleeping or hibernating. Sometimes it shuts down again spontaneously after only a few seconds or after a few minutes. It showed the same...