Windows 10: Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working

Discus and support Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a older Ipod classic 160 GB - with my music/ podcasts- it worked / updated when I connected it to the computer - in I tunes-now with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ROBERT HAMBURGER, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working

I have a older Ipod classic 160 GB - with my music/ podcasts- it worked / updated when I connected it to the computer - in I tunes-now with the up grade - it does not recognize the iPOD says the USB will not work.

My drivers are up tp date

Any solution - did the upgrade effect my Ipod or USB port ?

Robert

:)

ROBERT HAMBURGER, Aug 17, 2018
  2. waksmf Win User

Windows 10 unable to recognize 160 GB iPod Classic as an iPod. Error USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

Original title: Windows 10 unable to recognize 160 GB iPod Classic as an iPod.

I upgraded to Windows 10 a while ago and have not had any major problems. However, I have an infrequently used iPod Classic (160GB) and I use it to backup my music collection, which currently stands at about 25,000 tunes. I know, I need help. But aside from
    my audio addiction I have a problem with my PC recognizing the iPod. This, I think, is stopping iTunes from recognizing the iPod. I have tried updating the device drivers to no avail.

Under Universal Serial Bus controllers it shows Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I am sure this is from the iPod because it disappears when I unplug the iPod.

When I plug in the iPod, Windows gives me the following message (in a pop-up) with an exclamation point in a yellow triangle: USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

The iPod works well, plays music and runs through all its actions. But it won't connect to the PC, and that means that I won't be able to update it with the rest of my music. Am I just running a piece of legacy tech here? HELP!

waksmf, Aug 17, 2018
  3. korngear Win User
    Hi korn,Ipod vs N91

VAAI REAZ, Sorry for late reply.

N91 is louder and more bassy than iPOd, iPod classic, iPod touch, and iPod nano.

And, oh, also better than iPhone.

It is currently number one music phone in term of audio quality.

I own both an N91 8GB, and an iPod classic 160 GB.

korngear, Aug 17, 2018
  4. AMinVT Win User

Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working

Why isn't the IPOD classic 160 not recognized by windows 10?

I have been battling this issue for a week and finally found the solution .. the link says it is regarding itunes 11, and presumably earlier versions of windows, but I just did it in windows 10 and with my classic 160 gb, and bam. Happiness abounds. iTunes for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

AMinVT, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working

1. Ipod classic 160 GB USB not working - Similar Threads - Ipod classic 160

2. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  3. Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ipod Classic and Itunes withWindows 11: We just bought a new laptop as our daughter seemed to put our old PC in almost unusable condition, thanks to her online school work.. We use my Ipod Classic 6th Gen extensively as it hooks up to usb ports in the dashboards of our vehicles. Anyway, brand new laptop with...
  4. Unexpected <Unknown> 160 GB file on Windows partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unexpected <Unknown> 160 GB file on Windows partition: I am continuing to evaluate the space on my C-drive partition. It is a Crucial SSD 480 GB split into two approximate halves for Windows 10 Pro and Documents. Space on the Win C-drive is down to less than 4 GB. I have moved everything I can to the E-drive, and run cleanups to...
  5. Unexpected <Unknown> 160 GB file on Windows partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected <Unknown> 160 GB file on Windows partition: I am continuing to evaluate the space on my C-drive partition. It is a Crucial SSD 480 GB split into two approximate halves for Windows 10 Pro and Documents. Space on the Win C-drive is down to less than 4 GB. I have moved everything I can to the E-drive, and run cleanups to...
  6. Unexpected <Unknown> 160 GB file on Windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. iPod Classic Causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPod Classic Causing BSOD: Hi, I have an old iPod classic that I still use for music. I have the latest version of Windows 10, the latest version of iTunes, and the latest drivers installed for my iPod. When I plug it in to charge or sync music, it causes a BSOD, with an error code of "memory...
  8. iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes doesn’t recognize my classic iPod: Please help me to fix this issue. Do I have to install the driver to help iPod connect with iTunes on Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-doesnt-recognize-my-classic-ipod/7fa8a3b4-720c-40b0-8ad1-2e54b1fcbd83
  9. Classic IPod not recognized by ITunes on Windows 10 platform. Used to work fine back on...

Classic IPod not recognized by ITunes on Windows 10 platform. Used to work fine back on...: How can I get a driver to allow Classic iPod to communicate with iTunes on Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/classic-ipod-not-recognized-by-itunes-on-windows/94e4a1f2-b377-4841-b49c-9a512271df27
  10. Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic

Windows 10 update - Not recognizing iPod Classic: Windows 10 with iTunes (latest version) 12.8.0.150) will not recognize my IPOD 160GB Classic all of a sudden. It is recognized on all my Apple devices with no problems. Apple señor advisor states that she has had a number of calls in this regard recently. You can't restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows erased my ipod clasic drivers

2. ipod classic 160gb drivers

3. device drivers for ipod classic 160gb