Windows 10: iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

Discus and support iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there Switch Ipod off completely. Switch on again. Plug into a USB 2 port (if you still have any of those on the machine) see if computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

Hi there
    Switch Ipod off completely.
    Switch on again.
    Plug into a USB 2 port (if you still have any of those on the machine)
    see if computer recognized device.

Sometimes the chips in these things - especially older hardware aren't recognized by USB 3 ports even when USB 3 port says Backward compatible with USB 2 devices. If Ipod is really old it might even need USB 1.1 -- USB 2 ports will handle that though.

Another idea is to plug Ipod into computer and re-boot computer.

Things like ipods which don't have any moving parts (other than the human wearer !) don't really wear out or break -- it's possible but quite rare -- even on cheap devices the probable MTBF (Mean Time before Failure -- sorry I'm am Engineer so used to these terms) is likely to be longer than it will take current millennials to collect their state Pensions.

Another possibility is can you connect the Ipod to a smart phone and copy the music - USB connections on phones might be able to read the device.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018

2. Updated Windows to version 1803. iPod not longer being recognized by windows. Window says 'USB device not recognized'.

:)

Jimfof1913, May 1, 2018
  3. EPHealey Win User
    loss of homegroup

Just connect directly through the Network showing in File Explorer on your computer running Windows10 version 1803. (Basically the same way you did before they created Homegroup.)

The problem is exacerbated by the computers not yet updated toversion 1803; they still want to use Homegroup and don't see the computers running version 1803 in Network,

EPHealey, May 1, 2018
  4. iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

Can't seems to open MS Store!?

After many unsuccessful attempts, a updated computer doesn't let to open MS Store.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17115.1)

Insider Built user.

PranavBhattarai, May 1, 2018
  5. Re-install iTunes please.

Caledon Ken, May 1, 2018
  6. I think my iPod has failed. Tried my other new iPod and everything works fine.

Jimfof1913, May 1, 2018
Thema:

iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

1. iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update - Similar Threads - iPod recgonized version

2. Ipod problem after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ipod problem after last update: I recently was forced to install an update to Itunes which created problems with my Ipod recognition on my computer. I think that problem is resolved but now my Ipod will no longer work in my car stereo. It says “no device detected”. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to...
  3. Version 1803 delay updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Version 1803 delay updates: My too small C drive will not allow updates & fouls up the start up every time it tries . Can I avoid the updates? Can I move a bunch of windows files to my D drive to make room I have moved everything I could short of Windows files 161349
  4. Fail update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fail update to version 1803: About 3 weeks ago my computer just started randomly freezing whereas the mouse still moved so I tried updating but it keeps freezing during the update or it just plainly fails. I was getting error 0x80073712. I have tried using the Windows Update Assistant, using the...
  5. widows update version 1803

widows update version 1803: widows update fails ,windows update assistant fails with error code 0x80070652. how do I now stop widows update keep trying to install this version . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-update-version-1803/4e2800fc-4fba-4224-8e64-e0acdb722c0e
  6. windows update version 1803

windows update version 1803: i am trying to update the windows to version 1803. i have tried using online update, using ISO, and windows updater app. but it freezes on windows logo after first boot. then it goes back into previous version . i have lenovo AMD a6 laptop....
  7. version 1803 update

version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  8. Cannot print after update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot print after update to version 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...
  9. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: I downloaded this version with no problem and had no problem. After the download I noticed a significant change in my speed. I am with Verizon FIOS 50GB speed. 109147
  10. Version 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Version 1803 Update: Sorry about the confusion. This morning my speed is 57MBPS down--51 UP is that Mega BYTE or mega bit, there's quite a difference ? MBps (MB/s) or Mbps (Mb/s). 57 MByte = 456 Mbit