Windows 10: IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10

Discus and support IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Upgraded an old win7 32-bit Dell Dimension 9200 to Win10 Pro on Friday 31st July. I intended to donate it to a school library in Kenya but shipping /... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HeyBig, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HeyBig Win User

IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10

Upgraded an old win7 32-bit Dell Dimension 9200 to Win10 Pro on Friday 31st July. I intended to donate it to a school library in Kenya but shipping / customs costs high so now hoping to sell it to raise funds for the same charity.

On Friday 7th August I started to get Network Error "Windows has detected an IP address conflict" which seems to correspond to event ID 4199 from Tcpip. This was the first reboot following KB3074686 but that may be a coincidence?

IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10 [​IMG]

This is the ipconfig (ipv6 continues to work enabling RDP from my laptop but there is no internet access from win10):
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fd60:e701:51c6:c400:9c06:6a1e:78ae:ec51(Preferred)
    Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fd60:e701:51c6:c400:bc75:b302:453f:e3ec(Preferred)
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9c06:6a1e:78ae:ec51%9(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.3(Duplicate)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, August 9, 2015 3:54:44 PM
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, August 10, 2015 3:54:42 PM
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 167778769
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-13-73-A1-D3-00-19-D1-2A-97-3A
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::1%9
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

There are also NetBT error 4307 errors, I assume they are another symptom and not a cause:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nbtstat -n

Local Area Connection:
    Node IpAddress: [192.168.1.3] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Local Name Table

Name Type Status
    ---------------------------------------------
    ANTHONY-PC <20> UNIQUE Registered
    ANTHONY-PC <00> UNIQUE Registered
    WORKGROUP <00> GROUP Registered
    WORKGROUP <1E> GROUP Registered

Unfortunately the original graphics card (ATI X1300) was unsupported so I was using it headless through Remote Desktop Protocol which complicated resolving networking issues!
    UPDATE: Having received delivery of a cheap AMD R7 240 the graphics card issue was resolved.

UPDATE: I have worked around the networking IP address conflict by disabling DHCP and manually assigning an IPv4 IP address outside of the router's DHCP server IP range. NetBT/WINS enabled and name resolution now working correctly with Ubuntu and win8.1 boxes on the same network.

Should I now attempt a clean install to win10 64-bit (and enable access to full 5Gb memory)?
    According to Belarc Advisor there are some Office 2010 applications licensed on the machine. Should I try to preserve them for charity use or do they need to be replaced?

:)

HeyBig, Aug 8, 2015

2. Ethernet connected but no internet

you mean you got ttl for you puing successfully (Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=47) only when connected to wifi ?

So i think you have a problem with this in your wired connection.. For some reason your pc cant get ip address from your router/gateway. it shows autoconfig ipv4 address.. normally this happens when your gateway/router can't issue dhcp ip address or even
    if there is a ip conflict.. very rarely this could be due to obsolete ethernet network drivers . I suggest you to check gateway/router .. restart router etc and check dhcp pool afterwords in the router. and if router dhcp setting for lan is ok, update ethernet
    drivers to latest.. check cable connectivity to router.. etc

Hetti Arachchige V Aravinda, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I cant connect to Internet

tell me if you get a ipv4 ip address

Larry2_1968, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10

1. IPv4 IP address conflict since upgrade to Win10 - Similar Threads - IPv4 address conflict

2. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict: This screen shot showing error message, just came up on my Dell desktop today, 3/24/2022. Prior to that, we had a no internet message so I restarted the Verizon modem and moved to a better signal area. How best to handle? A reply greatly appreciated....
  3. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict: This screen shot showing error message, just came up on my Dell desktop today, 3/24/2022. Prior to that, we had a no internet message so I restarted the Verizon modem and moved to a better signal area. How best to handle? A reply greatly appreciated....
  4. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. IP address conflict manual configuration

IP address conflict manual configuration: Hi, We have about 100 players used for signage, with Windows 10 iot, where the IP V4 is configured manually on the computer. As we reboot the computers daily, and very often we get IP address conflict, and the machine is not accessible online anymore! If we restart the...
  6. windows has detected an IP address conflict

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows has detected an IP address conflict: another computer on this network has the same IP address as main computer> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-detected-an-ip-address-conflict/894e538f-5c7e-4fdb-8186-00492f55b96b
  7. IP address conflict message

IP address conflict message: Dear I always get message of IP address conflict , please resolve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address-conflict-message/8069423e-d5b8-46f4-aa08-af6029beffe1
  8. Windows has detected an IP address conflict.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has detected an IP address conflict.: Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. I am not on a network, I have only one computer operating. How do I resolve this issue. Willi....
  9. event ID 4199: address conflict for IP address 0.0.0.0

event ID 4199: address conflict for IP address 0.0.0.0: My Windows 10 Pro PC is getting IP address from DHCP server. I always get "IP address conflict" message after I reboot my computer. I tried disable IPv6, the message was gone, but I cannot use Microsoft Edge at that time. Any idea?...
  10. Windows has detected an IP address conflict

Windows has detected an IP address conflict: Sorry I did not take a picture of this error, but I've been getting it pretty often. "Windows has detected an IP address conflict". It does not seem to cause serious problems, but I'd like to understand the problem. Any ideas? This is a Gateway desktop, operating in a...