Windows 10: IPv6 not working on laptop, works on other computers on LAN

Discus and support IPv6 not working on laptop, works on other computers on LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My router is supplying IPv6 to all the LAN clients in my house. In particular, IPv6 is working on my Windows 10 desktop computer, but not this laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrDoh, Nov 15, 2015.

1. MrDoh Win User

IPv6 not working on laptop, works on other computers on LAN

My router is supplying IPv6 to all the LAN clients in my house. In particular, IPv6 is working on my Windows 10 desktop computer, but not this laptop. This laptop is a Windows 10 Pro OS, and I don't see IPv6 connectivity when I look at the connection in the Network and Sharing Center. When I look at the network adapter (wired) properties, it shows that IPv6 is enabled in the networking software.

The laptop used to have IPv6 connectivity with Windows 10 before I installed the giant threshold 2 update last night, now IPv6 not working on the laptop.

Any ideas of what I can do to diagnose the problem with the laptop? I've run the Windows troubleshooters, and they don't find any problems (of course). Even my Apple and Android mobile clients have IPv6 connectivity.

Thanks!

:)

MrDoh, Nov 15, 2015
  2. RogerSC Win User

1511 update, lose IPv6 connectivity a few minutes after reboot

I've installed the 1511 update (threshold 2) on my desktop computer. It has always worked correctly with my dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 LAN, with both Windows 8 and Windows 10. Now, after the update, it
    will initially have IPv6 working after I reboot. Then, after a few minutes, IPv6 will stop working, and I see "no internet connectivity" for IPv6 from the Network and Sharing connection properties, even though the other clients in my house still have IPv6
    connectivity.

So far, I've tried using netsh to reset the winsock catalog and the tcp stack, and have installed the latest network interface driver from the OEM. I also tried disabling IPv4, and seeing if the network
    troubleshooter could get the IPv6 connectivity going. That didn't help, either.

At this point, this behavior is a mystery to me. Right now, no IPv6 on this desktop. If I rebooted the computer, IPv6 connectivity would be restored for a few minutes...I have no idea how to troubleshoot
    this one, it's just strange.

Any help or ideas on what directions to go with this?

Thanks!

RogerSC, Nov 15, 2015
  3. RogerSC Win User
    Windows 10, IPv6 stopped working on laptop after installing Threshold 2 update?

I installed Threshold 2 on my Windows 10 wired laptop last night. Before the installation, IPv6 was working. Now, after the installation, it is not. The Network and Sharing Center shows no IPv6 connectivity, while the properties of the network adapter shows
    IPv6 is enabled there. The laptop is running Windows 10 Pro.

My Windows 10 desktop computer, also Pro edition, that has threshold 2 installed has working IPv6, as do all my mobile clients (Apple and Android). I should also add that IPv4 is working fine on the laptop computer.

Any ideas on how I can figure out what's happened to break the IPv6 connectivity on my laptop, and fix this problem?

Thanks!

RogerSC, Nov 15, 2015
  4. MrDoh Win User

Never mind, my desktop was telling me that it had IPv6 access when it had actually lost that. Rebooted router and IPv6 is back, and so are both of my Windows 10 systems.

Sorry.

MrDoh, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. IPv6 not working on laptop, works on other computers on LAN - Similar Threads - IPv6 working laptop

2. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working: I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-is-not-working-but-ipv4-is-working/f677f505-fc5d-4967-a3c3-832a9021351f
  3. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working: I tried to check again and again but it is showing me this try running Windows Network Diagnostics.DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ipv6-is-not-working-but-ipv4-is-working/f677f505-fc5d-4967-a3c3-832a9021351f
  4. ipv6 is not working but ipv4 is working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lan not working: Hello my Lan cable I have used for two years now is not working, everything like updating drivers to changing settings to others nothing seems to work I would like to know if somebody would be able to help i know the cable works because I tried it on 3 other things and worked...
  6. Lan not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan not working: Hello my Lan cable I have used for two years now is not working, everything like updating drivers to changing settings to others nothing seems to work I would like to know if somebody would be able to help i know the cable works because I tried it on 3 other things and worked...
  7. Connecting Win10 PC's on LAN works for some, and not for others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting Win10 PC's on LAN works for some, and not for others: I have several laptops connected to a local LAN (192.168.0.XX) and to the same HomeGroup. They all run the same version of Windows 10 Pro (21H1). All of them can be logged on to using either a local account or an MS account. All are admin accounts. If I open Network...
  8. LAN not working

LAN not working: My lan is not working with a cable that works on other devices,the computers lan only works with a different cable,any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lan-not-working/7e27c842-04d8-468d-ac3f-9f8fdc70ea2d
  9. NAS users and home LANS IPV6 now working properly

NAS users and home LANS IPV6 now working properly: Hi folks after latest update on Current Windows release (not insider builds) LAN and SAMBA connectivity is working fine now with IPV6. Amazon firebox (latest models) handles IPV6 as well if you use those as a set top box to a remote / smart TV. Phones also shouldn't have any...
  10. Can ping ipv6 but not ipv4 on LAN

Can ping ipv6 but not ipv4 on LAN: I just moved into my business partner's home office and I am trying to get Dev (computer #1, Win10 Pro) to see DbServer's (computer #2, also Win10 Pro) Postgres Database to no avail so far. He has a Comacast router which seems to be using using IPv6 primarily. When I go to...