Windows 10: IR Blaster for XBOX ONE, can't get TV volume up down to work?

Discus and support IR Blaster for XBOX ONE, can't get TV volume up down to work? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just got my IR Blaster for my XBOX ONE. I've gone thought the devices setup for my TV and Cable BOX. Also setup the TV guide. The only thing I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alphanumeric, Apr 6, 2016.

1. IR Blaster for XBOX ONE, can't get TV volume up down to work?

I just got my IR Blaster for my XBOX ONE. I've gone thought the devices setup for my TV and Cable BOX. Also setup the TV guide. The only thing I can't get to work is the volume up down on the TV? Pushing those buttons on the XBOX Media Remote does nothing. It works during the setup, I can see it increment by one when it sends the volume up signal and asks for confirmation that it worked. Sound is to the TV VIA HDMI. TV and cable box go on and off when the XBOX is turned on and off. Chanel up down works on the cable box with the XBOX remote. I've gone through the setup several times but can't figure out how to make it work? I have not been able to adjust the volume, ever from the XBOX remote, either in games, or playing media on the XBOX ONE. I just assumed it's because I don't have any external speakers attached? Anybody have an XBOX with IR Blaster setup and working?

The XBOX is a gaming console so that's why I posted this here.

:)

alphanumeric, Apr 6, 2016

2. IR Blasters

Can we please get IR Blasters in the next gen?

Johnjamins, Apr 6, 2016
  3. Infrared port

Hey matey!

The IR port isn't irda.. it is a transmitter only.. Since it is a transmitter, you can't use it for something that requires long data transfers, like sending files, but you can use it for short data transfers.. like being a remote control for your TV!!

It is occasionally called an ir blaster, and ireco is a package that lets you turn your handset in to a remote control.. It's a shame the port is on the top, not where the charger is.. at least then you could hold it like a remote..

You can send any file using petrovich:

That might help you out

cpitchford, Apr 6, 2016
Thema:

IR Blaster for XBOX ONE, can't get TV volume up down to work?

1. IR Blaster for XBOX ONE, can't get TV volume up down to work? - Similar Threads - Blaster XBOX can't

2. Ir camera not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ir camera not working: I recently bought a latitude 5290 2 in 1 and according to the system configuration on dell emc, it shows that I have one IR camera. But its been one month and i'm unable to start it. When I try to go to device manager to fix it, it has no option of imaging devices and under...
  3. Volume turning itself up and down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume turning itself up and down: After the latest windows update my volume mixer is broken! Applications as well as system sounds turn themselves up and down by themselves! I thought I messed up something on the settings but I defaulted everything and it still doesent work. I ran trubleshooting and searched...
  4. Volume only increases, volume down no longer works.

Volume only increases, volume down no longer works.: I have a Razer keyboard and a Logitech headset with volume wheels and both will only increase the volume, it won't lower. as in I spin the volume wheel up, it goes up, I spin it down and nothing happens, its like volume down somehow became unbound from its shortcut/API. 2...
  5. Xbox One controller is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller is not working: My computer running Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Xbox One controller. I plugged in an Xbox controller to the USB slot but I saw it vibrating, the lights flashing but it didn’t work. I did some troubleshooting such as running the device troubleshooter, trying to use another...
  6. Z blaster stopped working

Z blaster stopped working: This was fine the other day but suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the device and restarted the computer and it made no difference. It says I have an MME error and nothing works but audio all around looks like it is up. I also cannot get audio from outside websites. Is...
  7. Audio volume changes up and down randomly

Audio volume changes up and down randomly: The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried many of the suggestions on this thread:...
  8. Xbox one streaming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one streaming not working: Hi all, I have recently brought an Xbox One S and got everything all set up. But I can not Stream. I have Windows 10 running on my Toshiba laptop and have the latest version of the Xbox app. Also stream enabled in Xbox One settings and both are in the same network. Any...
  9. Buy an Xbox One or Xbox One S, Get an Xbox Wireless Controller

in Windows 10 News
    Buy an Xbox One or Xbox One S, Get an Xbox Wireless Controller: [img] Start your holiday season right by getting a free Xbox Wireless Controller! From Dec. 4 through Dec. 10, when you buy any new Xbox One or Xbox One S console, you’ll get a new Xbox Wireless Controller at no additional cost. The new Xbox Wireless Controller works...
  10. Microsoft Is Now Testing TV DVR for Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Is Now Testing TV DVR for Xbox One: A source very close to Microsoft tells me that the software giant is now internally testing TV DVR (digital video recording) functionality for Xbox One, meaning that customers will soon be able to record live TV shows from the console. As you may recall, Microsoft offers...