Windows 10: Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

Discus and support Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by alphanumeric, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

How to: Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

How to Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

If you like, you can pin to Start your email account(s) from the Mail app to be able to quickly open the Mail app directly to the email account you want from Start *Start.

This tutorial will show you how to Pin to Start an email account from the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    • Option Two: Unpin from Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

OPTION ONE [/i] Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Right click or press and hold on the email account you want to pin, and click/tap on Pin to Start. (see screenshots below)

Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Unpin from Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10
    1. Open your Start/B] menu *Start.

2. Right click or press and hold on the live tile of the pinned email account you want to unpin, and click/tap on Unpin from Start. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

alphanumeric, Apr 6, 2016
  2. Michael87 Win User

How to delete outlook emails accounts list in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi, i want to ask - How i can delete outlook email accounts in Windows 10 mail app.

I use on this mail app only outlook.cz email accounts, i use etc 6 emails accounts. So now i delete 3 email accounts and i use only 2 email accounts.Problem is, when i go to - Mail app - Settings - Accounts managements - Add Account
    i see on the list still my old deleted emails accounts.

I want to ask how i clear history of this accounts on this list or how i cant delete cache from this mail app.

Please do not answer me how to delete account, i know how i can delete email account. I want only delete this list.
    I add any images here. Thanks

Michael87, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

Are you sure now you are not mixing the password and the PIN? I checked my previous post and the information told in it is both accurate and valid.

To put it very short: if you sign in to windows using an MS account Email1@OutlookOrHotmailOrLive.com, and you want to add Email2@OutlookOrHotmailOrLive.com to the Mail app, the PIN asked is the PIN (not the password) for the Email1@OutlookOrHotmailOrLive.com, your current Windows sign-in account.

Below a live example with screenshots.

By default a Windows user account has no PIN. It needs to be set up, either when installing Windows or later on if skipped when installing. When set, the PIN for the Windows 10 sign-in is four or more digits long, as the user prefers. In your case if it auto enters after 4 digits, you have a 4 digit PIN. I use a 5 digit PIN, in my case when I add a new Microsoft email account to mail app it auto enters after the 5th digit.

Here's how it works:

My Windows sign-in MS account L: @abcdefgh.com is already automatically added to Mail app, later on I have added a second MS account. Now adding a new account L: larry.laffer@abcdefgh.com, I enter this new account's credentials normally:

When added, the account tells Attention Required. Clicking the account I get the option Fix account selecting it:

The next dialog is a bit confusing. It asks me to verify that the L: larry.laffer@abcdefgh.com is mine by asking the current Windows 10 sign-in accounts PIN, that of L: @abcdefgh.com

I enter my Windows sign-in 5 digit PIN for the user account L: @abcdefgh.com, the account I am currently using to sign in to Windows, and now the L: larry.laffer@abcdefgh.com will finally be added to the mail app.

If you are not sure which PIN you have set up, if you have forgot it, go to your account settings and change it. Notice that if you have forgotten the PIN, you need first to remove it, then set a new one. Changing the PIN will first ask the old PIN which of course if you have forgotten it you cannot enter.

4. slopland Win User

Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

Asks for PIN when adding a different hotmail account to the mail app

Thank you very much for taking the time for such a detailed reply. I had been going through that exact process. The hang up was when it asked for a PIN (I confirmed it was indeed asking for a pin). I attempted to enter my main MS PIN. This PIN was 7 digits. The box where I entered the number would automatically enter when I put in 4 characters, so as a result, I could never fill in my complete PIN. I went ahead and reset my PIN to a 4 digit one. This seems to have worked, although for some reason, that messed up the certificate in all of my gmail accounts. I am good with computers, but I have never had this much difficulty with a simple email set up... But, thank you very much for your help.

Bryan

slopland, Oct 27, 2019
  5. raygo1975 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10

1. Pin to Start Email Account from Mail app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pin Start Email

2. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  3. Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows mail app will not send emails from icloud account.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11 which I did not want to do, emails from my icloud account using Windows mail app will not send sporadically. Super frustrating as I never know if an email was sent or not. It's not hung up in the outbox, it's simply not there. It will happen...
  4. Windows Mail App not showing pinned emails from outlook.com?

Windows Mail App not showing pinned emails from outlook.com?: My Windows Mail App is not showing my pinned emails from outlook.com although I have set up the sync options? Any ideas how to solve this? Also my Windows Mail App is also only showing only 513 emails in the inbox but my outlook.com has 5000+ Anyone know how I can fix...
  5. How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to use an email account in the Mail app, you can remove it from there. You can follow this step […] This post How to delete an Email account from Mail app in Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app ignoring email accounts: As you can see in the image below, I have setup (even two different) email accounts but the Windows 10 Mail app acts as if I have not setup any... [img] I already tried the official MS forums to no avail. I.e. deleting and re-adding accounts, reinstalling Mail app or...
  7. Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing

Email accounts on Windows 10 Mail App disappearing: I have several outlook.com email accounts configured on the Mail app in Windows 10. But every now and again, I find that one or two of the accounts are no longer reflected and then the only alternative is to add them back again. Why is that so? Would it be to some sort of...
  8. Windows Mail app not loading emails from all accounts

Windows Mail app not loading emails from all accounts: I set up my Mail app with 6 email accounts. I receive no errors when click the Sync this view icon, but only my Gmail and Yahoo accounts load the new emails - the 4 accounts I have with my ISP are not loading emails, but are not giving me an error either. I don't see anything...
  9. Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Pin to Start Email Folder from Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you...
  10. Windows 10 mail app combine email accounts?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app combine email accounts?: This might be a really stupid question but i CANNOT find the setting to combine all my email accounts on the Windows 10 email app and it's really frustrating me, i searched all over google and can't find anything I just dont see the anywhere. 37960