Windows 10: IRC - I can't access one particular server (yet others are fine...)

Discus and support IRC - I can't access one particular server (yet others are fine...) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. Yesterday, I used IRC for the first time and I've hit a problem – it seems I can access any server except the one I actually want which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dortmunder, Jun 28, 2018.

1. IRC - I can't access one particular server (yet others are fine...)

Hi. Yesterday, I used IRC for the first time and I've hit a problem – it seems I can access any server except the one I actually want which is irchighway.net.

I've tried two IRC clients – mIRC and adiIRC – and the story is the same: trying to access irchighway.net gives me the error “unable to resolve server”. At first, I suspected interference from my firewall or antivirus but the fact that I've successfully downloaded an ebook from undernet.org suggests I don't have a connection issue. By way of further testing, I have:
    disabled my firewall
    disabled my AV, and

on my router, opened the specific ports that irchighway uses.

All to no avail. I'm at a loss to understand how I can't access just this one server. Can anyone tell me the cause (and cure) of this? Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Jun 28, 2018
  2. JAS
    JaS Win User

irc server or channel for these forums???

is there an irc server or channel that pl from these forums go to chat and hang out on?

if not does anyone want to start up a channel for these forums?

3. N8ty_boy Win User
    IRC Client for Nokia N8 ?

SimpleIRC is paid and from some of the reviews .. does not seem to be worth the money.

Can any one suggest a good IRC client for Nokia N8 ?

N8ty_boy, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Barman58 Win User

IRC - I can't access one particular server (yet others are fine...)

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

IRC - I can't access one particular server (yet others are fine...)

1. IRC - I can't access one particular server (yet others are fine...) - Similar Threads - IRC can't access

2. Why would one instance of windows work fine, and the other one crash with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why would one instance of windows work fine, and the other one crash with...: Last week I accidentally downloaded a faulty driver. Every time I go to start up, I'm greeted with The Blue Screen and in it is says Critical_Process_Died. I tried everything to recover it, but nothing worked. So I downloaded a new instance of windows and put it on my hard...
  3. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  4. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  5. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. One particular Folder not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One particular Folder not accessible: Hello dear Members, One particular folder is not opening on windows 10. I have completed the following scans: sfc /scannow and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" as suggested by Windows Advisor but still that folder is not opening. This issue surfaced on...
  7. Cannot access one particular website after last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access one particular website after last update: After the most recent update on 8/1/19, I cant access one of my regular websites that I visit. It says ' This site cannot be reached'. and 'The connection was reset.' Any idea how to correct this?...
  8. limited internet access ,other devices work fine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    limited internet access ,other devices work fine: Since I installed Windows 10 I've had worsening WiFi issues The most recent being the internet not Peking every few minutes because "limited internet access" The router works fine with everyone else I tried updating the driver and can't roll it back Flushing the DNS cache...
  9. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  10. I can access a file in one profile, but not in the other

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I can access a file in one profile, but not in the other: As part of my on-going problems in setting up a new profile, I have encountered one that I do not understand: When I started the new admin profile, there were some problems with both Firefox and Thunderbird. I am concentrating on Fx, where I found that the configuration...