Windows 10: IrfanView 64

Discus and support IrfanView 64 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am presently using IrfanView 64 for viewing various files. I have had to download a couple of plugins lately and was just wondering, since I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dakota37, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Dakota37 Win User

IrfanView 64

I am presently using IrfanView 64 for viewing various files. I have had to download a couple of plugins lately and was just wondering, since I have been using this for many years, if maybe Microsofts own viewer is not just as good now or maybe better?

:)

Dakota37, Jun 13, 2017

2. Unable to install Irfanview on Windows 10.

Apparently, irfanview for Windows 10/64 bit has no real advantages anyway, other than being able to load some larger files, so I went to irfanview's homepage and simply downloaded the 32 bit Version and plugins, which were absolutely no problem to download
    and install on Windows10/64bit. So finally I have back the irfanview I love and can enjoy it on my new computer!

MrOsterloh, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Unable to install Irfanview on Windows 10.

Apparently, irfanview for Windows 10/64 bit has no real advantages anyway, other than being able to load some larger files, so I went to irfanview's homepage and simply downloaded the 32 bit Version and plugins, which were absolutely no problem to download
    and install on Windows10/64bit. So finally I have back the irfanview I love and can enjoy it on my new computer!

MrOsterloh, Jun 13, 2017
  4. FerchogtX Win User

IrfanView 64

Well... The Photos app is not that bad, and the latest version is fairly decent...
    You can always give it a try, I have irfanview still, but I only use it for screen capture.

FerchogtX, Jun 14, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    IrfanView is a venerable long standing software that has been in development for 21 years. It has plenty of supporters. I guess it's down to what you personally like to use.

swarfega, Jun 16, 2017
  6. No. MS apps are good enough, they offer basics and that is it. They will never be better than anything else.

I guess that is the reason, why they do not bother updating its interface or webpage, they do not have to.

TairikuOkami, Jun 16, 2017
  7. swarfega Win User
    Indeed it hasnt changed much, some people like that though, its familiar.

swarfega, Jun 16, 2017
  8. IrfanView 64

I guess it is an acquired taste, but I like, that it offers 64-bit version. I might give it a try, though I never liked it.

TairikuOkami, Jun 16, 2017
  9. FerchogtX Win User
    Personally, 64 Bit is awesome, opens big files in no time (depending on your hardware, that is)
    I forgot to mention I also use it to batch process files, it's awesome for that too.

FerchogtX, Jun 17, 2017
  10. Steve C Win User
    The photos app is quite good but I also use ACDSee Free which has quite good features for scaling and transitioning between full screen photos.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IrfanView 64

1. IrfanView 64 - Similar Threads - IrfanView

2. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  3. Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: How to set photo viewer default to Irfanview.: I have tried to set my photo viewer default to Irfanview, however Win11 continually resets the default to Photos. I don't seem to be able to clean/remove/disable Photos and it is useless beside Irfanview. Any suggestions on how to clean/remove/disable Photos and make...
  4. 'Print Pictures' Versus Irfanview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Print Pictures' Versus Irfanview: Since I purchased my new Windows 11 desktop and installed Irfanview as my default image viewer, I've noticed a problem: When I choose multiple images from my Pictures folder which I do to resize them, put borders around them, and save them in bulk and attempt to open them via...
  5. 'Print Pictures' Versus Irfanview

'Print Pictures' Versus Irfanview: Since I purchased my new Windows 11 desktop and installed Irfanview as my default image viewer, I've noticed a problem: When I choose multiple images from my Pictures folder which I do to resize them, put borders around them, and save them in bulk and attempt to open them via...
  6. Image icon changed to irfanview icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Image icon changed to irfanview icon: My images icon changed to irfanview icon and I cannot see the image anymore on the icon, everyone is now look like irfanview icon, how can i get that my images icon look like the image again?Someone post the belowOpen your my pictures location, click on organize on the top...
  7. I installed Irfanview and its icon is taking over all my aps! HELP!

in Windows 10 Customization
    I installed Irfanview and its icon is taking over all my aps! HELP!: I installed a program called Irfanview and it appears to be a virus. It's gradually taking over every icon for every app - I will post image here, its terrible. I've tried several solutions including rebuilding my icon cache and it still is not working. I've followed...
  8. Irfanview 4.54 -64bit is removed by Windows 10

Irfanview 4.54 -64bit is removed by Windows 10: Twice yesterday, Irfanview 4.54 64bit was removed by Windows. The broken shortcut generated the error message that i_view64.exe is missing. Searched the drives and found one .wer file dated July 15, 2020. (Contents are pasted below). But the removals were on the 22nd of July....
  9. Irfanview 4.54 -64bit is removed by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Irfanview 4.54 -64bit is removed by Windows 10: Twice yesterday, Irfanview 4.54 64bit was removed by Windows. The broken shortcut generated the error message that i_view64.exe is missing. Searched the drives and found one .wer file dated July 15, 2020. (Contents are pasted below). But the removals were on the 22nd of July....
  10. Some system application icons are changing to the Irfanview icon. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some system application icons are changing to the Irfanview icon. Why?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FurToy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gigbx0/some_system_application_icons_are_changing_to_the/