Windows 10: IRQL and Memory Management

Discus and support IRQL and Memory Management in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, here. Averagely tech savvy, and normally handle issues on my own, but as of this week having many BSODs I can't seem to nail down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Actionman, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Actionman Win User

IRQL and Memory Management

Hello all, here. Averagely tech savvy, and normally handle issues on my own, but as of this week having many BSODs I can't seem to nail down.
    Unfortunately I'm currently not capable of connecting to the Internet in any consistent way (only because of my local service provider, nothing more).
    Problem at hand-
    I have had 30 BSOD in the last week (since upgrading my old workstation to Win 10 Home from Windows 7.1 home premium)
    All errors are memory management
    BugCheck name. BCC. Param 1
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x1A. 0x41284
    Always stating - ntoskrnl.exe+ 18c10b as the problem.
    (Total of 15 to date)
    Or irql
    BugCheck name. BCC.
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0xA.
    Always stating - ntoskrnl.exe+ 9d445 as the problem.
    (Total of 9 to date)
    with the exception of 7 which were 4x Video TDR 0x116, 1x Kernel Security Check Failure 0x139, and 1x Driver Verifier Detected Violation 0xc4.
    I cannot currently Post the dmp or most anything straight to online except screenshots taken in pic form via phone.

In total SFC and DISM have been completed (with errors and corrections multiple times [MrmCoreR.dll and wpdshext.dll]).

I've monitored my temps with Open Hardware Monitor

Crystal Disk info rates my SSD 91% Good (Average Block Erase and Precent Lifetime Used only terms at 91% all others 100)

Been through my BIOS to ensure Default setting and have verified this via CPU-Z as well as memory speeds and frequency. I have ran MEMTEST 86+ 4 times (3 to 9+passes)

I have used DDU removing and reinstalling to the most updated video driver (that Windows did not see so I directly downloaded from manufacturers website), and ran multiple benchmarks in an attempt to stress and recreate the issue so that I may better define it.

PC Specs
    Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.00Ghz (4core)
    nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
    Gskill 8gb DDR2 (4x2)
    Ageia Physics Card (removed)
    120gb SSD (aftermarket)
    HHD (not plugged in currently, as I attempted to narrow the possibilities)
    Closed loop Liquid Cooling that came with PC
    EVGA GTX 660 Ti (aftermarket)
    1200w PSU that came with PC

I have planned on possibly clean installing older drivers (the oldest available online from manufacturer) for the GPU, or reinstalling Windows 10 again from scratch (though it doesn't feel like that would fix my issue, as I believe it to be driver, hardware or possibly power related).
    I have accessible a 850w Cosair 80+ ATX semi modular power supply and a Evga GTX 960 FTW Ac2.0. Originally I thought the PC may have some form of PSU failure as when I would shut down completely there are times when activation light on motherboard would come on but it would not start up at all (that's also what led me to think it could be some form of temperature related problems as after a short time, or many tries, it would turn on). Then also had a worry that the items I had available (i.e. PSU) wouldn't be compatible with the older system (and how much of a pain it would be to replace in this old Alienware Case).
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as I need to get this up and running asap.

Note:
    This is a fresh install not a wu upgrade to Windows 10 as when that was attempted it failed and got stuck in a loop in between OS's..
    I am more than willing to do a fresh install from scratch if it is believed that it is truly that simple.
    Is it possible that's all these issues were a direct result of an underlying PSU issue??
    I believed the Memory Management to be a thing of the past after I removed the Agiea Physx card, since Saturday since I had not received one (but have recieved many IRQL) but alas I just received one again.
    Once again BSOD right after posting (opened DCUOnline watching cinematic and blam SYSTEM THREAD ECEPTION NOT HANDLED 0x1000007e
    ntoskrnl.exe
    Thanks in Advance!

:)

Actionman, Aug 8, 2016
  2. smcorbett Win User

Multiple BSOD errors

Today I've got a new error - system service exception. Along with memory management and IRQL not less or equal.

smcorbett, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Blue screen with memory management error and irql not less or equal

Hi, I got a new laptop and have had the above errors. Any idea as to what it could be? Thanks in advance.

jamesobrien12, Aug 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Sorry, without dumps there is not much we can do to help.

You can start by filling out your System Specs:
    How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.

Also, it would be a good idea to test the PC memory:
    ===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

IRQL and Memory Management [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

You can download the collection tool DM_Log_collector, run it then put the zip file on a flash drive and take it somewhere else to upload here. Just follow the directions: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Actionman Win User
    Hey ZTrucker! Thanks for the response. Perhaps you didn't notice (I know, it was a bit 'wordy'), but I did already run MEMTEST, and mentioned I'm unable to post the physical file itself at the moment.
    That being said I'm also not 'looking for handouts' like many others. I understand that having the file makes it so you (and others) can dissect it and Give me an answer. I'd much rather Learn how to actually do it myself, i.e. what it is you and others do with the file (that perhaps I haven't done or am missing), so that I may diagnose, learn, and help in the future.
    I'm here for help, assistance, tips,..
    If you get the file what is it you'd do (that perhaps I didn't) so that I may attempt?
    Program used?
    Part of file required?
    How to decipher Address path location/ details?
    As you've said I will certainly get my 'specs' up correctly onto this site pronto. Until then to all my digital Sherpas out there, I Beg thee, guide thee onward.
    Teach a Man to Fish...
    Thanks

Any particulars you need right now while I'm on? Feel free to ask!

Actionman, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    I did miss your mem test: I have ran MEMTEST 86+ 4 times (3 to 9+passes)

Your asking how to read a memory dump, not something I can or want to try teaching in this forum. There area many good tutorials around on how to do this. I've been doing this for 3 or 4 months now.

WinDBG - The Basics for Debugging Crash Dumps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Install and configure WinDBG https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post251375

That's where I started.

Here is a word document I used for awhile to keep track of some of the things I needed to know how to do:
    Attachment 95233

Ztruker, Aug 9, 2016
  7. Actionman Win User
    I already have WINDBG, perhaps I should be more precise. I have gone through many steps in total to decipher the exact 'nature' of the situation. That being said I am very unfamiliar with the issue at hand, and how to handle it.
    Now I'm no DeBuggin' PRO but I feel I'm at a loss, perhaps I'm focusing on the wrong bits, or not putting attention where is deserved, or simply overlooking something. It feels as though the separate events could be easier to diagnose but together perhaps is the recipe for what is stumping me. Individually it could / should have been faulty RAM or Slot, Video Card, Vram, or Hardware, An assortment of Drivers. Where I'm most stuck is deciding if it is a hardware issue and where to start (as I've mentioned I believe it could all be related to the PSU in some way [ie the start up issue]).
    What I mean more exactly is when you guys the actual 'PROS' go through these files are there certain primary things (above the Tutorial) that you automatically look for?
    Are there a master list of hidden PRO search commands that guide you straight to the promised land? (thank for you beginning tip sheet btw!!)
    At what point (I know MASSive amounts of experience is required) do you resolve the issue as being definitively an external factor (ie Hardware etc)?
    And lastly but MOST IMPORTANTLY, I was able to update the Specs as requested and have uploaded a Zip with the entirety of the minidump folder enclosed!!!

I leave my fate blindly in you're magical hands now, oh mighty Genie's of the Ten Forums!!!
    Hope to hear from you soon.
    And THANK YOU greatly for you attempts thus far to guide me there Sir ZTruker! your tips and time are GREATLY Appreciated!

Actionman, Aug 10, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Swap out the PSU since you have a good spare. If that doesn't fix it then swap out the video card. Those are two of the main causes of BSOD problems.

Are you over clocking CPU or memory? If yes, reset all to default. Same for voltages.

Ztruker, Aug 10, 2016
  9. Actionman Win User
    So sorry it took so long to respond, I had (many) unrelated issues arise.

I thought I'd give an update, just encase someone stumbles upon this thread whilst in search of a solution to the issue I was having or a similar one.
    As it turns out while doing a hard core check of my system after the last post, my motherboard had 3 small capacitors with blown tops. Which would help to explain the seemingly 'random' restarts, issues starting up, and some BSOD's.
    So as it turns out I had a similar socket board (790i Ultra SLI) and some ram available. which seems to had eliminated the aforementioned issue.

So while I cannot say for certain that it was the blown capacitors on the MB or the PSU or Software (or possibly a combination) as I have switched out the MB, PSU, and RAM it certainly could be a contributing factor.

My suggestion to anyone with an issue like this with any older system is to simply do an ULTRA heavy duty combing through of all your hardware, when facing any combinations of issues like the one I experienced.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Ztruker for his time and response.
    Good luck

Actionman, Sep 19, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Thanks for letting us know.

I had a similar issue at the shop last week. System would randomly boot then run for awhile then crash or freeze or even turn off. Turned out to be the motherboard which had two blown caps as well.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL and Memory Management - Similar Threads - IRQL Memory Management

2. Windows 11 BSOD IRQL Not Less or Equal, Memory Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD IRQL Not Less or Equal, Memory Management: Hi all, I've just finished building a new PC and have been getting a number of BSOD's most with the error codes IRQL not less or Equal, or Memory Management. When checking system logs I see predominately the below pictured errors and warnings. Most of the googling I've done...
  3. Windows 11 BSOD IRQL Not Less or Equal, Memory Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 BSOD IRQL Not Less or Equal, Memory Management: Hi all, I've just finished building a new PC and have been getting a number of BSOD's most with the error codes IRQL not less or Equal, or Memory Management. When checking system logs I see predominately the below pictured errors and warnings. Most of the googling I've done...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD Memory Management + IRQL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD Memory Management + IRQL: First dump Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.685 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\022623-39640-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is:...
  5. Windows 10 BSOD Memory Management + IRQL

Windows 10 BSOD Memory Management + IRQL: First dump Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19041.685 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\022623-39640-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is:...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD Memory Management + IRQL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. win10 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL memory management

win10 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL memory management: memtest64win10:memory managementKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREIRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALdmphttps://pan.baidu.com/s/1PIVYpEQ5D1DSRbibz-Cuvg :zz4t https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-%E8%93%9D%E5%B1%8F-irql-not-less-or-equal/4a6457fb-26ad-4a73-96fc-07cbbb4d0e16
  8. win10 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win10 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL memory management: memtest64win10:memory managementKERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILUREIRQL NOT LESS OR EQUALdmphttps://pan.baidu.com/s/1PIVYpEQ5D1DSRbibz-Cuvg :zz4t https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-%E8%93%9D%E5%B1%8F-irql-not-less-or-equal/4a6457fb-26ad-4a73-96fc-07cbbb4d0e16
  9. win10 IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL memory management

10. IRQL , Pool Curroption , Memory management HELP!

IRQL , Pool Curroption , Memory management HELP!: Hi, So for the past two weeks i have been recieving lots of BSOD's. Most of them are IRQL not less than Equal , then memory management. I have tried doing the driver verification only to have it consitantly loop (which is what it supposed to do) for me to then turn it...