Windows 10: IRQL not less or equal to BSOD in Windows 10 after after startup

Discus and support IRQL not less or equal to BSOD in Windows 10 after after startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i've been having several BSODs related to "IRQL not less or equal" and "driver irql not less or equal too" after upgrading to windows 10. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karljchan, Aug 30, 2015.

1. karljchan Win User

IRQL not less or equal to BSOD in Windows 10 after after startup

Hi, i've been having several BSODs related to "IRQL not less or equal" and "driver irql not less or equal too" after upgrading to windows 10. It happens only once, during start up and it will be fine again after windows restarts itself.

Attached is the log

:)

karljchan, Aug 30, 2015

2. Never ending cycle of multiple BSOD,hang ups, freezes,

Thanks for your help! Ia appreciate it!

I backed up the hdd.

Right now I am trying to get the clean install of Windows 10 put on the hdd but I keep getting the following BSOD messages:

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storahci.sys)

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal (storport.sys)

IRQL Not Less or Equal

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Kernel Security Check Failure

Page Fault in Nonpaged Area

After a BSOD the computer restarts.

Any suggestions?

GregWardTRI, Aug 30, 2015
  3. marduch77 Win User
    Windows 10 - BSOD: KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

Thanks Andre,

KB4088776 was indeed installed.

After uninstalling it and checking if the BSOD persists, the computer is now stuck in Crash loop, crashing shortly after startup.

The error messages are not the same now, though. They are different every time.

So far I've seen:

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

Please note that before removing the update, there was only the one error message, and only when i ran the game.

Thanks

marduch77, Aug 30, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi karljchan,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

IRQL not less or equal to BSOD in Windows 10 after after startup [​IMG]

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

A windows driver is blamed in the crash, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000008, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield : bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) Arg4: fffff801b50bdba1, address which referenced memory[/quote] Please Run Memtest86+

Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes in the same session to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

5. karljchan Win User
    Hi axe0,

Thank you for your assistance. I've updated my system specs as per request.

I have a question, after running the driver verifier and in the event that a BSOD occurs, what will happen after that? How do I know which driver is causing the crash?

Also my BSOD's only occur on start up after a shutting down/sleep mode, it is fine on restarts. Should I shut down my pc after running the driver verifier?

Thank you once again.

karljchan, Aug 30, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    When there is a bluescreen when driver verifier is enabled, there will be a minidump generated automatically and windows will restart.
    When you're back in windows and have disabled driver verifier I need you to use the tool again and upload the zip file.
    In the minidump is most likely the information needed to solve the problem.

The minidump is located at {windows partition}\Windows\Minidump\, but you can't properly open it without the right software.

7. karljchan Win User
    I've done as you've said, and uploaded the zip file.

Cheers!

karljchan, Aug 30, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

The cause of the crash is your network driver: Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver
    Please check your manufacturers site for windows 10 compatible driver updates

Code: 3: kd> lmvm athw10xstart end module name fffff800`b1710000 fffff800`b1b42000 athw10x T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athw10x.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athw10x.sys Image name: athw10x.sys Timestamp: Mon May 18 08:33:25 2015 (555987B5) CheckSum: 0042668C ImageSize: 00432000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL not less or equal to BSOD in Windows 10 after after startup - Similar Threads - IRQL less equal

2. BSOD IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL: Hi. I am experiencing a constant BSOD when trying to play games on my PC. The BSOD would happen about 20 minutes of game time. If anyone can help me solve this that would be really great, thank you. Link to dump filesComputer Specs:i5-12400fRTX 40702x16GB of DDR5 RAMZ690i...
  3. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: WIN10 - 1-2IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL WIN10WIN11 - COD2windowsWIN11https://www.asus.com.cn/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z690-p-d4/helpdesk_download/?model2Name=PRIME-Z690-P-D4DRV_Audio_RTK_SZ_RTK_W11_64_V6093501_20220620R...
  4. irql not less or equal bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    irql not less or equal bsod: My computer is experiencing random bsod with irql not less or equal bsod. Its a clean reinstall of windows 10 and i suspect it might be problem with my ram. Can anyone help or advise on what i should do next?...
  5. BSOD Irql not less or equal

BSOD Irql not less or equal: Hi, I tried installing windows 11 but it started giving me BSOD during installation. It never recovered despite returning all BIOS settings back to legacy and a clean installation of windows 10, and every scan known to man saying there's no problems.It's completely random, it...
  6. Irql not less or equal BSOD

Irql not less or equal BSOD: Hey there, Ive tried my best to fix this issue and have gotten it to work better compared to when it started Via numerous reinstalls of windows Ive been getting multiple bsods at seemingly random times although most of them have been "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" I decided to use...
  7. “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL” BSOD: Hello! I've been getting this error lately and one of the helpers said "compress minidump file and share the link from OneDrive here so I can locate the problem" so here goes : https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApzNBYoqbO8jhDu8HZpW-9Nqa-k6?e=aGp0t9...
  8. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: I am getting this error following buying a new hard drive, previously I had no issues like this.It happens during playing any video game, I have tried a few. Any ideas?...
  9. BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Just got a bsod with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL code any idea which hardware part could be broken? Minidump file here https://www.dropbox.com/s/0twl631ar2bjmcd/082620-5390-01.dmp?dl=0 So far I tried the following: - updating bios to v37 from v35 with cmos clear - BIOS...
  10. IRQL not less or equal to Windows 10 BSOD shortly after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQL not less or equal to Windows 10 BSOD shortly after startup: I am getting a BSOD with 2 different errors (what it's shown me so far): "IRQL not less or equal to" and also "Driver_Irql not less or equal to". I am using Windows 10. My upgrade was about a month ago. I use this Alienware M17XR3 laptop to mostly learn and do programming...