Windows 10: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games.

Discus and support IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have had a bunch of Bsods but have managed to get rid of most of them this one however... Anyone else out there that could help me with it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LogS, Oct 2, 2015.

1. LogS Win User

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games.

Have had a bunch of Bsods but have managed to get rid of most of them this one however...
    Anyone else out there that could help me with it would be much appreciated.
    have updated all drivers have used cc cleaner have run malwarebytes so im at a bit of a loss *Sad

thanks in advance

minidump file
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

pcsetup
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

:)

LogS, Oct 2, 2015

2. My computer consistently crashes when playing newer Steam games

Hello. I am trying to play Steam games on my computer, but I find that after playing certain games (newer, more graphically-intensive games) crash anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour or two. They all give me different crash messages every time (driver_overran_stack_based_buffer,
    IRQL not greater or equal to, etc.). I ran tests through console commands and Windows Memory Diagnostics, but nothing bad came back. I checked my drivers and updated as many as I could, and downloaded the latest updates from Windows. Just short of wiping the
    whole thing clean (which may not resolve the issue still), I tried everything. And it ONLY crashes when I try to play newer Steam games.

This has been going on for a month now and is incredibly frustrating. If you have any questions free to ask.

GarrettMcDaniel, Oct 2, 2015
  3. latest n73 4.0736.3.2.1 firmware

the equalizer works perfectly fine...Try editing or creating a new equalizer when you are not playing any song...and then apply it when you start playing the track.

rhythmdivine---01, Oct 2, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi LogS,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Are you using Driver Booster 3 for updating your drivers?
    Are you aware of the program DriverRestore?

Just to note
    Code: Standard PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. Microsoft PS/2 Mouse ACPI\PNP0F03\0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.[/quote] If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games. [​IMG]

Cause of the crash
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] Could be due to a driver trying to access invalid memory or the memory is giving corrupted data.
    Please test your memory first.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Oct 2, 2015
  5. LogS Win User
    yes i was using driver booster . any reccomendations on other programs ? and ive used memtest and come back no errors done chckdsk no errors done /scannow no errors and cc cleaner is not clearing minidump files but i forgot to turn off the memory dmp so il lwait til lit hapens again *Smile

LogS, Oct 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I have a better advice.

Don't use driver updaters programs
    Best method is manually installing the drivers.
    Those programs cause really so much trouble.
    There were some people who couldn't fix the problems that driver booster had caused, they were forced to reinstall Windows as their hardware was fine.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when playing games. - Similar Threads - IRQL LESS EQUAL

2. irql not less or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    irql not less or equal: Hey, I dont quite understand how to analyze the dmp file, can anyone help me and tell me if theres any clue as to what can be crashing my pc?Im uploading the dmp file.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eu4sHE5y3shHq0j8EKfmJrx75nvXj1Ec/view?usp=sharing...
  3. IRQl NOT LESS OR EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IRQl NOT LESS OR EQUAL: This keeps botherim me a lot recently especially after updates. Here is the minidump link please help me: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av2uzHzl7-NMgZMqhyIkCEYiJ7LNhg?e=ipQmH6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irql-not-less-or-equal/72e83c08-d0dd-4b83-8c90-557903394274
  4. IRQL not less or equal

IRQL not less or equal: Hello,I am randomly getting an IRQL not less or equal error. I have tried doing a factory reset on my PC and it still is happening, below is the event log if anyone can help me it would be appreciated.Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date:...
  5. irql not less or equal

irql not less or equal: Good day. Randomly, I encounter bsod "irql not less or equal", sometimes with a phrase "netio.sys", or in some cases, the pc randomly freezes. this only happened in the past 2 weeks. can someone help me to fix this problem?I already tried the following:- reseat the ram and...
  6. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL: Keep getting the BSOD. Have done clean install - Still happeningHave done clean install on different HD - Still happeningHave done clean install with no peripherals or secondary HD in tower - Still happeningDont have spare RAM or sound card to swap out to check if those are...
  7. BSOD Driver Irql Not Less or Equal while playing games

BSOD Driver Irql Not Less or Equal while playing games: Hello, I have a Zephyrus G14 laptop, whenever I play video games, I get BSOD error which is Driver Irql Not Less or Equal. Here is the dump file, can you please have a look and fix this error?...
  8. BSOD irql not less or equal while playing video games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD irql not less or equal while playing video games: Hi guys, my system keeps crashing in different games. I couldn't find a solution with my limited knowledge and google skills and i was hoping maybe someone here could help me out. this is my error in blue screen view: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a...
  9. "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" BSOD when playing games

"IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" BSOD when playing games: Hello everyone! So i got myself a new rig last week. Runs great, runs cool and kicks ass. But i have one problem, which is these random BSODs i get when playing games. They happen about once every 1-2 hours. *Shock My setup: ROG GTX 1080 Strix i7 8700k (OC @ 4.9gz) 16gb...
  10. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD when gaming

IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD when gaming: Hi, Recently, I have been receiving a BSOD error when gaming (various different ones). It usually occurs 10 mins+ into the game and has been occurring randomly for about a month or so now but is now much more frequent (nearly every time I play a game). I have unplugged...