Windows 10: IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD & random freezes

Discus and support IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD & random freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, For a very long time I have been having problems with BSOD. Its code is usually IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. It does not happen every day but if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wojtek1902, Sep 26, 2017.

1. IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD & random freezes

Hi,
    For a very long time I have been having problems with BSOD. Its code is usually IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. It does not happen every day but if it happens, it always occurs few minutes after computer is powered on.

Moreover, I have problems with computer freezes at random moments, also few minutes after computer is powered on. There is no BSOD, computer freezes and I cannot do anything.

When these problems occur, I have problems with rebooting my PC - I switch it on, but monitor stays black and it never starts the Windows (I know that because there is a different sound when the OS is run). I don't know what to do more - I bought a new hard disk and a new power supply unit... Thank you in advance for any help!

The DM Log Collector file is attached.

BR,
    Wojtek

:)

Wojtek1902, Sep 26, 2017
  2. GetBlinked, Sep 26, 2017
  3. Random BSoD IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL

Hi,

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

We can analyze the minidumps if you make them available from the OneDrive

or other file
    sharing sites (such as MediaFire). If you have problems uploading

the minidumps copy them to the Desktop or the Documents folder and upload

them from there.

Adding files to your OneDrive

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/getting-started-onedrive-tutorial

Upload photos and files

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/add-photos-files

One-Drive - Share files and folders and change permissions

Share OneDrive files and folders

Zip or upload the contents of C:\Windows\minidump
    Use OneDrive to upload collected files

Use SkyDrive to upload collected files and post screen shot/picture. (Updated: 1/16/2012)

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 26, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD & random freezes

I looked at the last 5 or 6 dumps. All different but all say memory_corruption.
    Two indicate a problem with Acronis True Image drivers.

I would start by uninstalling Acronis and see if that resolves the problem. If it does you can try reinstalling or moving to a newer version or switching to a different backup program like Macrium Reflect.

If the BSOD still occurs then it's time to test your RAM. You only have 4GB so it shouldn't take more than 8 hours to run 8 complete passes of memtest86+:

===================================================
    Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

MemTest86+ is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD & random freezes [​IMG]
    Warning MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Take a picture when done and post in the forum please.

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2017
  5. Hello,
    Thank you for your help! I forgot to add that two last BSODs were caused by the Driver Verifier. Nevertheless, I really have to try your advice. So I'll remove anything related to Acronis (I don't need it anymore) and do the memory test and paste the results here.
    Thank you once more!

Wojtek1902, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Ztruker Win User
    If you get more BSODs, please run dm_log_collector again and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2017
  7. Hello! It took me a while to make a RAM test (I was quite busy and I still had some problems with even starting my PC). I made a test twice. For the first time, everything was fine:

but when I ran the test again, some errors appeared:

Moreover, I got some new BSODs, in an attachment you may find new logs from my computer.
    Thank you in advance for your help!

Wojtek1902, Oct 26, 2017
  8. Ztruker Win User

You need to replace the defective RAM DIMM. See the section

2: FAILURES

If MemTest86+ detects errors with the RAM it will highlight as red lines underneath the information section. If just one error is detected (one error equals one red line entry) then there is an issue with the RAM and/or the DIMM slot the RAM is installed in. If an error does present itself while testing you can stop the test, just one error is enough to indicate failing RAM.

near the bottom of the tutorial on running memtest86+ for how to identify the defective DIMM.

Ztruker, Oct 27, 2017
  9. Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try to do this test according to your advice.

Wojtek1902, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD & random freezes - Similar Threads - IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSOD random

2. Driver irql_less_or_not_equal BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver irql_less_or_not_equal BSOD: I had the same issue last time and is fixed after update a driver. Recently, there is a windows update and then the same BSOD is back. I'm not sure what information need to provide as I can't find back the last post.Please help!...
  3. Driver irql_less_or_not_equal BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver irql_less_or_not_equal BSOD: I had the same issue last time and is fixed after update a driver. Recently, there is a windows update and then the same BSOD is back. I'm not sure what information need to provide as I can't find back the last post.Please help!...
  4. Frequent IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL BSODs: I am at my wits' end, and I need someone with more experience to please look at my info/dumps and hopefully at least nudge me in a direction to start looking at causes. Many and much thanks in advance. I have developed consistent but not replicable BSOD crashes, mostly (but...
  5. BSOD irql_less_or_not_equal

BSOD irql_less_or_not_equal: I have gotten this bug when watching youtube only goes about a week between each crash. the .dmp file is pointing towards ntoskrnl.exe is causing the crash. pls help...
  6. BSOD driver_irql_less_or_not_equal Atikmdag.sys

BSOD driver_irql_less_or_not_equal Atikmdag.sys: This started as soon as I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and RAM. This error occurs occasionally while gaming and is very annoying. I have the latest GPU drivers for AMD. Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. Z370-A PRO (MS-7B48) (U3E1) CPU:Intel Core i5 @ 3.60GHz...
  7. BSOD error : IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL

BSOD error : IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL: I have been getting the same BSOD with the error: IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL. I have done and a clean install of windows and the problem is still occurring. If you have any idea of how to fix the error please let me know. DMP file:...
  8. [BSOD] driver irql_less_or_not_equal tcpip.sys

[BSOD] driver irql_less_or_not_equal tcpip.sys: I've been getting this BSOD on a newer laptop (only about 6 months old) every 10-14 days or so. It's seemingly random, and usually happens while I'm just browsing the web. I've uploaded the minidump files to my post. I've checked some of the network adapters in device...
  9. BSOD playing Ark Survival Evolved, driver irql_less_or_not_equal

BSOD playing Ark Survival Evolved, driver irql_less_or_not_equal: Hi Guys, Couple of BSOD recently while playing Ark, didn't catch the error code. Any help is much appreciated. 69914
  10. BSOD Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL

BSOD Driver IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL: Hello, I have just built this PC. Was running without a GPU for a week and ran into no issues during that time. Yesterday I decided to install my old GTX 950 while I wait for my GTX 1080 to arrive so that I could get a little gaming in. Installed the latest driver from...