Windows 10: Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Discus and support Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having this problem for about 5 days now, my PC will randomly give me a BSOD with the error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I've gotten in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErylJoy, Jul 22, 2016.

1. ErylJoy Win User

Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

I have been having this problem for about 5 days now, my PC will randomly give me a BSOD with the error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I've gotten in touch with Microsoft who were useless to say the least and now just wish to charge me. I have run memtest86 with no errors and have individually tested both my RAM sticks. All my drivers are up to date and I'm just as to what to do now. It hinders me doing anything that isn't simply browsing the web on my PC and has become a real issue.

:)

ErylJoy, Jul 22, 2016

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Windows 10

The other BSODs i get are

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kfull.sys)

And

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Abdulaziz10, Jul 22, 2016
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Nothing useful in the latest dump. Haven't checked others yet.

I did notice your BIOS is fairly old:
    Code: BIOS Version 0701 BIOS Starting Address Segment f000 BIOS Release Date 08/18/2015 BIOS ROM Size 1000000[/quote] Version 1904 is available from the ASUSTEK web site:
    Code: Version 1904 Description: Z170 PRO GAMING BIOS 1904 Improve system stability File Size: 6.77 MBytesupdate Date: 2016/07/22[/quote] Please update the BIOS and see if that resolves the problem.

Edit: Looked at some of the other dumps and they are all pretty much the same:

BugCheck A, {251b8, d, 1, fffff803232a9b3a}
    Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+12a )

Ztruker, Jul 22, 2016
  5. ErylJoy Win User
    Version 1904 is available from the ASUSTEK web site:
    Code: Version 1904 Description: Z170 PRO GAMING BIOS 1904 Improve system stability File Size: 6.77 MBytesupdate Date: 2016/07/22[/quote] Please update the BIOS and see if that resolves the problem.

Edit: Looked at some of the other dumps and they are all pretty much the same:

BugCheck A, {251b8, d, 1, fffff803232a9b3a}
    Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+12a )[/quote] #

Yesterday it worked fine all day without any crashes, however got up this morning and had it start crashing again. Will take your advice and see what happens. Thanks.

ErylJoy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD - Similar Threads - Irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?: Hi there,Can anyone help me analyze what's causing an issue with a PC.Here's the minidump.Thank you.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?: Hi there,Can anyone help me analyze what's causing an issue with a PC.Here's the minidump.Thank you.******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Can anyone help me analyze the minidump?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  6. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  7. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Hello, I occasionally get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. It says: What failed: ntoskrnl.exeI've tried updating my drivers and Windows 11, but it hasn't resolved the issue.Here's the minidump file:...
  9. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Hello, I occasionally get the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. It says: What failed: ntoskrnl.exeI've tried updating my drivers and Windows 11, but it hasn't resolved the issue.Here's the minidump file:...
  10. Help fix BSOD w/ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help fix BSOD w/ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL a: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.27553.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\040824-10390-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are availableSymbol search path is: srv*Executable...