Windows 10: Irql_not_less_or_equal bsod

Discus and support Irql_not_less_or_equal bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; morning, or afternoon depending where your from. last night i got a BSOD with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I had attempted to wake it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Duzer, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Duzer Win User

Irql_not_less_or_equal bsod

morning, or afternoon depending where your from.

last night i got a BSOD with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I had attempted to wake it from sleep.
    I'm not that good at diagnosing the problem because i can never seem to get the windbg to work. anyways, some back ground info for you guys, its a custom computer, and just last week i replaced the ram because it had fail the mem diagnosis and was causing this exact bsod and MANY others.

if any of you could help me out on pinpointing the problem to this bsod i would be so grateful!

Attachment 45175

:)

Duzer, Oct 27, 2015

2. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER Windows 10

The other BSODs i get are

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (win32kfull.sys)

And

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Abdulaziz10, Oct 27, 2015
  3. BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi,

I have been experiencing BSODs in the last 4 days.

The last BSOD showed me "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and I don't know what happened.

(I forgot what the previous BSODs error, I believe it was not "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL").

Here is the link for my last 3 minidumps file and MSinfo32.

Minidump_and_MSinfo32.zip

Please, I need your help.

Thanks.

Kenny Rizky, Oct 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Duzer,

Welcome to the 10forums.

As this crash occured only once it isn't something to worry about, because Windows takes the appropriate action to solve it.
    FYI, it is caused by memory corruption as a driver tried to read invalid or wrong memory address.
    If you would like to do something to be sure everything is fine, below are instructions for testing the memory.
    Code: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a) An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses. If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace. Arguments: Arg1: fffffffffffff010, memory referenced Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield : bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status) Arg4: fffff801ab294058, address which referenced memory[/quote] It appears Google Chrome was active during the crash.
    I would recommend to uninstall Google Chrome as it has caused various of crashes.
    Code: DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT BUGCHECK_STR: AV PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre[/quote]

Irql_not_less_or_equal bsod [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. Duzer Win User
    Awesome thanks!
    I wanted to make sure it wasn't something serious again, I will run the memtest86 to double check it isn't my ram again (fingers crossed). You say google chrome causes various crashes? would you recommend firefox then? I just cant deal with windows edge because of the lack of extensions (adblock).

Duzer, Oct 27, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    I haven't seen Firefox in the crashes, you could try it yes.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Irql_not_less_or_equal bsod - Similar Threads - Irql_not_less_or_equal bsod

2. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: HelloMy laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop.I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized ntoskrnl.exe...
  3. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: HelloMy laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop.I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized ntoskrnl.exe...
  4. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

7. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

8. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: Hello My laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop. I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized...
  9. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe: Hello My laptop got a bluescreen most time with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL message. It occured randomly when I was doing some tasks on my computer like browsing the internet or using photoshop. I checked with Bluescreen viewer to analyze what is going on, I recognized...
  10. BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000a, ntoskrnl.exe