Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Overclocked PC

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Overclocked PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a couple of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod while i was setting up the oc then i lowered the multi and the bsod stopped, so i tough my pc was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ryovcp, Dec 17, 2016.

1. ryovcp Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Overclocked PC

I had a couple of WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bsod while i was setting up the oc then i lowered the multi and the bsod stopped, so i tough my pc was stable. But today i had the one stated in the title so i changed everything back to stock and seems to be running ok.

These were my settings while OCing:
    i7 2600k@4.4ghz
    Vcore 1.264-1.280 (Offset OC)
    VRM Freq: 350
    LLC: Medium (The other ones lowered my idle Vcore to below 0.900.

Gskill Ripjaws 8GB (x2 2x2)@ 1866CL9 1.5v (XMP value at 1600CL7 1.5v)

GTX 960 MSI Gaming
    +30Mv
    +130 Core
    +250 Mem
    105% Power Limit

:)

ryovcp, Dec 17, 2016
  2. David Haz Win User

BSOD Memory_Management and other

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is a bug check issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS.

We suggest that you check any new hardware or software is installed properly. If you are overclocking, kindly disable it until the problem is resolved.

David Haz, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Jet_MM Win User
    Bluescreens, on top of bluescreens.

When I built my PC back in 2016, I began to blue screen not short afterwards. I thought it would solve itself, but no. It crashes at random times of the day, and has no correlation with what I am doing. I could be staring at my desktop and my PC would bluescreen.
    My temperatures are fine when gaming, and overclocking had nothing to do with it considering that it bluescreened before I overclocked. I'm stuck and really have no clue as to what I should do next, considering I've looked at registry errors, driver issues,
    updates, etc.

If I need to post anything like specs or windows logs, let me know. From memory I know a few bluescreens I got were:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

From memory I believe a few filetypes that the bluescreen listed were:

tcpip.sys

usbaudio.sys

fltmgr.sys

If anyone has any insight to this, it would be much appreciated.

Jet_MM, Dec 17, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Dec 18, 2016
  5. ryovcp Win User
    Could you tell me whats wrong with the post? Iv read the rules before posting and the dump file is already attached.

ryovcp, Dec 18, 2016
  6. Spectrum Win User
    The Nvidia graphics driver (nvlddmkm.sys) is listed as the faulting module in the minidump you posted. You should go back to default settings regarding the GPU overclock, and then update your graphics driver to the latest version.

Several of the files in your .zip are either missing or appear to be corrupted - msinfo.nfo for example. Try and run the log collector again.

Spectrum, Dec 18, 2016
  7. ryovcp Win User
    msinfo32.exe just wont finish the test, gets stuck at 13%/14% CPU utilization and 123+ MB Ram. I waited over 10 mins to finish, had to kill task or the collector wont finish.

Ill attach the dump anyway but tell me if theres another way i can provide files

I will update the drives meanwhile

ryovcp, Dec 18, 2016
  8. lifetec Win User

Look for newer drivers for your Razar devices and for the Steelseries Engine 3 software.

lifetec, Dec 19, 2016
  9. ryovcp Win User
    Uninstalled synapse since i dont really use it and updated steelseries engine 3, since i removed the oc on the gpu i didint got any new bsod.

is it normal that the dmp collector gets stuck at msinfo? I had to kill msinfo32 again after it ended or the dmp wouldnt finish.

ryovcp, Dec 20, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    No, not usual at all. I did a search for msinfo32 hangs and got all kinds of different reasons for it happening.

Try running these commands, in order, from a Elevated Command Prompt:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

If any errors, run that command agaibn, up to 3 times.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  11. ryovcp Win User
    Run everything without errors, restarted but still hangs. I tried to manually save but it does the same, after its done checking everything it just hangs.

Is there any service related to msinfo32? I disabled some services after i installed Windows 10, i might went overboard and disabled something usefull.

ryovcp, Dec 20, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Sorry, I don't know.

I would suggest enabling all the services you disabled unless you are absolutely certain there is no negative impact. I've not found any need to disable Windows 10 services,

You could try running DM_Log_collector.exe from a Elevated Command Prompt rather than the from File Explorer.

Ztruker, Dec 20, 2016
  13. ryovcp Win User

Still wont work after enabling all the services + elevated cmd, still thanks a lot for the help, the bsods seem to be gone and its running stable now, i think ill reinstall windows in a couple of days to have everthing back in order.

ryovcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Overclocked PC - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Overclocked

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What is the solution that can fix my problem regarding IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the solution that can fix my problem regarding IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error?: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is occurring again & again & I'm not able to use my PC properly. Whenever I start to do some work it just suddenly turns into blue screen error. What failed: ndis.sys...
  6. What is the solution that can fix my problem regarding IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error?

What is the solution that can fix my problem regarding IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error?: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is occurring again & again & I'm not able to use my PC properly. Whenever I start to do some work it just suddenly turns into blue screen error. What failed: ndis.sys...
  7. I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: While playing Path of Exile video game on Steam & watching a stream on Kick.com I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue-screen error.Here is a link to the Minidump logs for the error. I just want to update the driver or remove the driver to fix my computer...
  8. I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: While playing Path of Exile video game on Steam & watching a stream on Kick.com I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue-screen error.Here is a link to the Minidump logs for the error. I just want to update the driver or remove the driver to fix my computer...
  9. I keep receiving IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

10. BSOD Playing Games on Stable Overclock: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Playing Games on Stable Overclock: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi, I am having some issues with a BSOD when playing games on an overclocked 6600k. The processor itself is be completely stable with a 4.5GHz overlock at 1.296V when stress tested for ~7 hours and through normal use. The BSOD occurs within 30 minutes to 2 hours of gameplay....