Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Ok so these are the steps I have taken so far, since last week I have been getting BSOD's out the rear end, basically for the last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phil0sophy, Oct 22, 2016.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption

Hi everyone,

Ok so these are the steps I have taken so far, since last week I have been getting BSOD's out the rear end, basically for the last week I have been getting BSOD's originally it was clock_watchdog_timeout which I assumed was to do with overheating, turns out after watching my temps and logging them during a crash it wasn't.

So my obvious reaction then was to check my memory for 48 hours, again, no problem with that, all my hard drives are in good working order and everything else, so I ran driver verifier, which brings me to now.

I left a benchmark running as I slept and I would say about 30-40 mins after I fell asleep I got IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, after looking at windbg no driver is being pointed to it's just saying Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+3af )

What am I missing here? I can't figure out why I am getting these BSOD's and it's literally driving me up the wall now, at first I thought it was my second HDD as it failed last week but I have since replaced it and it's in good working order and showing perfect compared to my old one so it's not that.

I don't know, anyway I have left the information you requested attached to this post so hopefully someone else can finally figure this out and save my sanity lol.

:)

Phil0sophy, Oct 22, 2016
  2. TimTim32 Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Using windbg probable cause dxgkrnl.sys)

systeminfo2.txt - System Info

event.evtx - Event Log

malwarebytes.txt - Malware Bytes (PUP deleted)

AdwCleaner.txt - ADWcleaner (Did the clean)

I did not test if the problem still occurs. I am going to do that now and report back on that.

Hopefully you can get anything useful out of that.

And thank you again IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption :)

TimTim32, Oct 22, 2016
  3. TimTim32 Win User
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Using windbg probable cause dxgkrnl.sys)

after your instructions the problem seems to be solved IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption :)

Thank you so much!

TimTim32, Oct 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption

Hi Phil0sophy,

Apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

5. No worries Axe, no need to apologise, yes I am still in need of help if that's ok?

Phil0sophy, Oct 25, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    No problem *Smile

Please check ASUS for BIOS updates if you haven't yet.

If a BIOS update doesn't help then you are certainly dealing with a hardware problem provided that no driver was flagged with pretty much all settings enabled.

Unfortunately I can't get my fingers on what exactly happened, because some functions are undocumented.

7. I think I have figured out the issue, one of the pipes on my h100i cooler has faulted and whilst the temperatures on the chip are stable, the ambient case temp and pump temp was getting rather high so that was contributing to one of the BSOD's I believe.

The other contribution was that I needed to reset the CMOS after removing a hard drive, I think my PC was still trying to read for the hard drive and after so many chances it would BSOD, also I removed quite a few known drivers that cause BSOD's and just had a general clean out because after upgrading to Anniversary was when these Bluescreen's started occurring and I know windows update has a tendency now to just update things that you don't want but they are always really hidden away and hard to figure out what has been updated, sometimes it's something as silly as chipset drivers.

I have had the PC running now for over 69 hours with driver verifier and stressed it in multiple benches and not had one BSOD so far so I think it may have been fixed at this point.

Phil0sophy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL windbg Pool_Corruption

2. WinDbg for Commercial Use?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WinDbg for Commercial Use?: Hello there, I wanted to know if WinDbg can be used for commercial use for free? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windbg-for-commercial-use/5be337a3-09ea-4534-818c-c627b0d6a073
  3. WinDbg Analysis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinDbg Analysis: Hi there,My computer keeps crashed due to the Blue Screen issue. I try to run WinDbg by myself. However, it does not work for some reason.Can anyone help and run the WinDbg for the below file? I have tried to run the WinDbg before, but not sure why it does not work this time....
  4. WinDbg Analysis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinDbg Analysis: Hi there,My computer keeps crashed due to the Blue Screen issue. I try to run WinDbg by myself. However, it does not work for some reason.Can anyone help and run the WinDbg for the below file? I have tried to run the WinDbg before, but not sure why it does not work this time....
  5. Windbg symbol location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windbg symbol location: Hello, I have been trying to use Windbg to investigate a few BSD. I am not a programmer or expert just inquisitive. I have checked online and haven't found the magic link to the symbols as yet. Most posts are 2/3 yrs old. My symbol path in Windbg is...
  6. Pool_Corruption What is this?

Pool_Corruption What is this?: Blue screen occurred today I tried to debug the DMP file. But I can't understand because I don't know. Please let me know what's wrong. give me Email Address I will also send the blue screen DMP file that was opened last time....
  7. iCUE causing BSOD? Pool_Corruption

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iCUE causing BSOD? Pool_Corruption: Hi all, I am currently experiencing a BSOD issue that has been plaguing me for a while, at first I thought it was my PS4 wireless controller adapter, after removing that, the crashes seemed to die down, however, it happened again, and WinDBG seems to think that iCUE is the...
  8. Pool_corruption WINDOWS 10 ASUS

Pool_corruption WINDOWS 10 ASUS: Hello, I really need help and advice on how I can fix an issue I'm currently having on my computer. I'm a computer animator and I got this computer last year so it's still pretty new. However, whenever I use programs like Adobe After Effects my computer ends up crashing and...
  9. WinDbg error

WinDbg error: For some reason, I can't debug using WinDbg. This error pops up whenever I debug my minidump files. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.400 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Daryll...
  10. WinDbg error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinDbg error.: Hi, I'm quite active on the BSOD subforum of Sevenforums and recently I've been having a small issue with WinDbg and I tried to fix it but it didn't work. It has something to do with symbols and its path has somehow gotten a bit messy. [img] Above is the error...