Windows 10: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl (NETIO.SYS)

Discus and support IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl (NETIO.SYS) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep getting this error message on a BSOD. It seems to be caused by a driver trying to access a non-existant memory location. As far as I can make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ralphholmes, Nov 19, 2015.

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl (NETIO.SYS)

I keep getting this error message on a BSOD. It seems to be caused by a driver trying to access a non-existant memory location. As far as I can make out, all my drivers are up-to-date. Windows 10 did a major update yesterday, since when this message has appeared with dismaying frequency: it did, however, appear roughly once a week before yesterday's update. How can I find out the guilty driver?
    Cheers
    Ralph

:)

ralphholmes, Nov 19, 2015

2. windows 10 Problem (System_Service_Exception (Netio.Sys)

windows 10 Problem (System_Service_Exception (Netio.Sys)

JustBhegkai, Nov 19, 2015
  3. windows.com/stopcode

message in blue screen:

Netio.sys

driver IRQL not same or less

PaulCook429, Nov 19, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl (NETIO.SYS)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl (NETIO.SYS) [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

I suggest you remove IObit software, IObit isn't trustworthy with its activity history and its software is causing the crashes.
    Code: ffffd000`25fee120 fffff800`c7a45238Unable to load image UrlFilter.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for UrlFilter.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for UrlFilter.sys UrlFilter+0x5238[/quote] Please uninstall Avast while troubleshooting and use Windows Defender as alternative
    Avast - Uninstall Completely - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Code: ffffd001`5f1c7f88 fffff800`5d6512c8Unable to load image aswStm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswStm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswStm.sys aswStm+0x12c8[/quote] Because it is the Network Input/Output System driver (NETIO.sys), I suggest to check the other protection software for updates and check your network drivers for updates.
    DO NOT use update programs for updating drivers!!

5. Thank you very much for your help.

I've done all that. Should that fix the problem?

I've used Avast for some years now, on the recommendation of a friend who runs (and owns) a software-writing company. Is Defender just as good at preventing virus attacks? I suppose I grew up in the days when there wasn't an in-house anti-virus program included with Windows.

ralphholmes, Nov 19, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Test your system to be sure the bluescreens are gone.

Windows protection is good enough, as long as you are being very careful on the internet.

7. So far, so good.
    Now, what about Malwarebytes? (Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software)
    What about SuperAntiSpyWare? (superantispyware.com)
    I had an infestation of DNS unblocker soon after upgrading to Windows 10, so I may have gone a bit OTT on the spyware front!
    Once again, thanks for your assistance.

ralphholmes, Nov 20, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

Malwarebytes alongside Windows Defender is just fine.
    I'm not really familiair with SAS, but according to many users and reviews it is good software.

9. Thanks again. No BSOD today!

ralphholmes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl (NETIO.SYS) - Similar Threads - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALl NETIO SYS

2. Netios replacing by mDSN ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Netios replacing by mDSN ?: I have a customer which is using Netbios and its complain that need to be stoped, I was looking into the internet and found that Microsoft its replacing Netbios for mDNS, do you have this article ? If not able to Disable Netbios, is there any diferent replace solution ?...
  3. Netios replacing by mDSN ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netios replacing by mDSN ?: I have a customer which is using Netbios and its complain that need to be stoped, I was looking into the internet and found that Microsoft its replacing Netbios for mDNS, do you have this article ? If not able to Disable Netbios, is there any diferent replace solution ?...
  4. Netios replacing by mDSN ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to stop blue screen netio sys errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop blue screen netio sys errors: how do you stop blue screen errors namely netio sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-blue-screen-netio-sys-errors/e49a01ce-e85b-473a-83a5-bc6993532637
  6. Irql_not_less_or_equall Blue screen error

Irql_not_less_or_equall Blue screen error: For the past few days my computer has been crashing with this code everytime. Early this week windows had an update version 1909 (KB4550945) and I also purchased Modern Warfare which is 175GB install. So i moved a lot of files around between my SSD and HDD. I have tried to...
  7. Netio Blue screen crashes

Netio Blue screen crashes: I installed windows 10 build 1903 last week. I was having a serious 100% hard drive usage problem and it seemed to clear up after the upgrade. But now I am having daily Netio blue screen crashes. From the logs they appear to be from bugchecks. I downloaded Windows WDK...
  8. dxgmms2.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dxgmms2.sys: While gaming I get this crash in blue screen dxgmms2.sys I have an Nvidia gts 450 gpu 4gb ram intel i3 2100 motherboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dxgmms2sys/d4b72fca-ae42-4ea6-9a2e-3b25b396ca62
  9. Windows 10 Randomly Crashes. NETIO!StreamProcessCallout

Windows 10 Randomly Crashes. NETIO!StreamProcessCallout: Hi Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fully updated. 24GB RAM For the last few months my PC has randomly crashed. Sometimes it will be fine for days, other times it goes a couple of times in a day or so. The PC just stops and freezes. I have dual screens, one goes black, the...
  10. system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle

system_service_exception - netio-sys Always when computer is idle: Hello, guys! Ive been getting BSOD for around a week and I notice it only happens if I leave the computer idle for around 10~20 minutes, it won't happen at all while I'm using it. I'm running a Z800 HP Workstation. Attached are the log files. Thank you in advance! *Smile...